• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Also, finally remembered there is one other character that would scale but we don't have a profile for, Hajime Shishizaki. There's also potentially Yahiro Mizuchi but I'm 50/50 on him scaling.

I understand if this opens up another can of worms and I'm sorry for not remembering this earlier.

Last edited:
I'm assuming no one's around and/or done w/the discussion. If not, we can keep going; if so, then we can maybe make changes to profiles?

Based on everything so far:
  • Shizuo and Claire (possible others who'd scale to one of them): 7-B AP/Striking Strength and Class T lifting strength
  • Ladd (along w/anyone who'd scale to him): 7-C AP/Striking Strength

Ah sorry I'm here
I keep forgetting that the new forum doesn't give the same notifications as the old one.

Yahiro  could scale I suppose. He did actually fight Shizuo and did almost as good as Nile.
I'd probably put him in the same category as people like Christopher Shaldred

Ah sorry I'm here
I keep forgetting that the new forum doesn't give the same notifications as the old one.

Yahiro  could scale I suppose. He did actually fight Shizuo and did almost as good as Nile.
I'd probably put him in the same category as people like Christopher Shaldred
Okay then. Sorry about that notifications issue; glad to hear from you

Is there proof that the crossover is canon, besides the authors writing it?

Even the description of said crossover states that the worlds shouldn’t be the same and that this is a story that shouldn’t be happening.
10 Year Anniversary Commemoration: "Confrontation" Work

Toaru Majutsu no Index VS Durarara!! Kamachi Kazuma X Narita Ryohgo

This is a story of distortion.

A story of twisted distortion.

They were never supposed to intersect.

The world where magic and science stride and the fate of the world is hung over the ridge of a sharpened blade.

The world where the fairy strides through the city and immortals and vampires quietly mingle with the people.

Two people who are not supposed to meet...do so. Worlds that are not supposed to meet mutually encounter each other, connect, mingle―――and then clash!?

With various factors becoming intertwined, the [urban legend] called [The Mystery of the Underground Tunnel] was born in Academy City and Ikebukuro.

Now that the two are connected based on the same urban legend, an unprecedented opportunity to visit each other's worlds has arrived―――Nobody knows what will happen.

The world that opened, the time that closed.

Whatever they encounter and whatever clash occurs, will their hearts get distorted by the trickery? Or will the distortion get corrected?―――Not even the concerned parties have the answer to that.

Kamijou Touma and Celty Sturluson. With both of them embracing their lack of memories, will they get dragged into any kind of distortion in their respective worlds?

As long as the answer leads to peace, there's no choice but to jump in.

With two worlds created, they head towards the never-ending distortion―――.

Is there proof that the crossover is canon, besides the authors writing it?

Even the description of said crossover states that the worlds shouldn’t be the same and that this is a story that shouldn’t be happening.
Honestly, can't find much yet

If you don’t have any proof it’s canon, then it’s just a outlier feat from crossover novel that doesn’t actually connect to the continuity of the series, and shouldn’t be applied to the profiles
There's the two authors working on it together but I'll keep looking into it; maybe @FunbariVoid might know more about it

Given how long it's been, should the thread continue? Close? Hold a vote of some kind?

We are and I'm still willing to. Given how long it's been, I didn't want to keep you guys waiting for who knows how much more.
Well it's the crux of the upgrade. If it is then I think it's been agreed upon that it can go through but if it isn't that throws a wrench in everything.

So far, still haven't found any statements from the either Narita or Kamachi. Most of the Toaru fanbase seems to the crossovers (Turns out there's a bunch of them) as non-canon; a few though place the events of this work some time after vol 10 of Index. Very quiet on the Durarara/Narita side.

Also, found that we have a page for crossovers and have been looking it over.

Wow, I've been lazy!

So far, one story that Narita wrote for the Index series is considered 100% canon by the fans (Apparently, Narita and Kamachi are really close friends). This might also meet the standards for canon or one sided crossovers.

Wow, I've been lazy!

So far, one story that Narita wrote for the Index series is considered 100% canon by the fans
It was an out sourced side story exclusive to the index plot, it doesn’t have anything to do with crossovers.
This might also meet the standards for canon or one sided crossovers.
Narita writing a separate index sp, doesn’t mean that a crossover that’s never mentioned in the actual series for either setting and is stated to be something that shouldn’t be possible in a way for either series is canon

It was an out sourced side story exclusive to the index plot, it doesn’t have anything to do with crossovers.
Just thought it might have some precedence since it shows Narita has done canonical work for index
Narita writing a separate index sp, doesn’t mean that a crossover that’s never mentioned in the actual series for either setting and is stated to be something that shouldn’t be possible in a way for either series is canon
Bad wording, my mistake. The "this" I was referring to was the collaboration crossover we've been going over in this thread.

With all due respect, you guys are clearly not going anywhere by circling around the crossover's canonical status. I've talked about this with @Creaturemaster971 off-site as well, and we both think that it'd be far more beneficial if we left that to the staff after laying out pro and anti-side of the arguments in the OP and instead focused on Ladd's calc.

Though previously mentioned, it was never given much thought on its own. Now, granted the calc is properly evaluated (as it is not at the moment), is anyone opposed to using that?

With all due respect, you guys are clearly not going anywhere by circling around the crossover's canonical status. I've talked about this with @Creaturemaster971 off-site as well, and we both think that it'd be far more beneficial if we left that to the staff after laying out pro and anti-side of the arguments in the OP and instead focused on Ladd's calc.

Though previously mentioned, it was never given much thought on its own. Now, granted the calc is properly evaluated (as it is not at the moment), is anyone opposed to using that?
I have no problem w/using Ladd's calc

Well, it’s been a while since I made my comment, and there seems to be no opposition. I’d say we can tentatively move on, no?

@Alsotime, I’m not sure if you’re still following this, but if you are, do you mind listing the reasons why you think the crossover is non-canon in an organized matter? So that we can list them in the OP, along with @JnSteHar002 reasons as to why it is canon.

Other than that, I'm not sure what we do with that calc. I mean, it is 5 years old, it might be using some outdated methods or whatever, in which case I severely doubt that OP will care enough to update it (I wouldn't, ngl), and scans are not working either. Scans are easy to get, heck, I could get 'em right now, but I can't really help with the former here. @JnSteHar002, do you think you can appropriately handle it in case something comes up?

Well, it’s been a while since I made my comment, and there seems to be no opposition. I’d say we can tentatively move on, no?

@Alsotime, I’m not sure if you’re still following this, but if you are, do you mind listing the reasons why you think the crossover is non-canon in an organized matter? So that we can list them in the OP, along with @JnSteHar002 reasons as to why it is canon.

Other than that, I'm not sure what we do with that calc. I mean, it is 5 years old, it might be using some outdated methods or whatever, in which case I severely doubt that OP will care enough to update it (I wouldn't, ngl), and scans are not working either. Scans are easy to get, heck, I could get 'em right now, but I can't really help with the former here. @JnSteHar002, do you think you can appropriately handle it in case something comes up?
  • There isn't any proof the story could be canon, and the only thing presented in it's favor is that it was written by both authors, which is against our crossover rules.
  • This is far beyond anything in canon that the shizuo shows in the actual setting which the op also believes is a massive jump and this is against our crossover rules.
  • The works must be written by a single same person.
  • There should not be considerable contradictions in the respective displayed power levels for the compared characters.

Lastly the description of the story states that it is a story that couldn't possible happen in the canon of both worlds in it's synopsis.
10 Year Anniversary Commemoration: "Confrontation" Work

Toaru Majutsu no Index VS Durarara!! Kamachi Kazuma X Narita Ryohgo

This is a story of distortion.

A story of twisted distortion.

They were never supposed to intersect.

The world where magic and science stride and the fate of the world is hung over the ridge of a sharpened blade.

The world where the fairy strides through the city and immortals and vampires quietly mingle with the people.

Two people who are not supposed to meet...do so. Worlds that are not supposed to meet mutually encounter each other, connect, mingle―――and then clash!?

With various factors becoming intertwined, the [urban legend] called [The Mystery of the Underground Tunnel] was born in Academy City and Ikebukuro.

Now that the two are connected based on the same urban legend, an unprecedented opportunity to visit each other's worlds has arrived―――Nobody knows what will happen.

The world that opened, the time that closed.

Whatever they encounter and whatever clash occurs, will their hearts get distorted by the trickery? Or will the distortion get corrected?―――Not even the concerned parties have the answer to that.

Kamijou Touma and Celty Sturluson. With both of them embracing their lack of memories, will they get dragged into any kind of distortion in their respective worlds?

As long as the answer leads to peace, there's no choice but to jump in.

With two worlds created, they head towards the never-ending distortion―――.

• There isn't any proof the story could be canon, and the only thing presented in it's favor is that it was written by both authors, which is against our crossover rules.
  • This is far beyond anything in canon that the shizuo shows in the actual setting which the op also believes is a massive jump and this is against our crossover rules.

Lastly the description of the story states that it is a story that couldn't possible happen in the canon of both worlds in it's synopsis.
This is all fair and sound; sucks that one of my first calcs ever can't be used but at least the math for it was good enough to be accepted :) 😅

I think I can re-do the calc while linking the old one to it. Haven't done an earthquake calc before but I have a lot of free time at work for the moment; I should be able to have a more up-to-date version.

Thank you both.
sucks that one of my first calcs ever can't be used but at least the math for it was good enough to be accepted :) 😅
Eh, such is life. For what it’s worth, I think you’re looking at it from a healthy perspective that is free from power-scaling brain rot, which is, well, quite refreshing and nice to see.

As always, take your time. I'd be happy to help if you need any scans.

Last edited:
Thank you both.

Eh, such is life. For what it’s worth, I think you’re looking at it from a healthy perspective that is free from power-scaling brain rot, which is, well, quite refreshing and nice to see.

As always, take your time. I'd be happy to help if you need any scans.
Thanks! 👌 I say it comes w/age and some copium/hope of any future statements 😁🙃

Found this scan. Can't paste it into the chat for some reason though.

Still researching as I'm not sure what specifically could be wrong w/Ladd's Alcatraz calc. I'm curious about the magnitude 6 rating and how they got it though :unsure: This feat seems similar to a few other calcs.
  • Nanami's overtime hit that some mistook for an earthquake (Jujutsu Kaisen)
  • Takeshi and Julius' Dome shaking punch (Kengan Ashura)
  • Yujiro's earthquake punch (Baki)
Any thoughts?

some copium/hope of any future statements.
Hey, it is obscure Japanese media, there probably is.
I'm curious about the magnitude 6 rating and how they got it though.
It’s from the Mercalli intensity scale. As for how they got the "magnitude 6" rating, MMI's conversion to magnitude is not exactly straightforward; you can still find different sources with different answers. The source the OP was using at the time was probably saying it was equivalent to a magnitude 6 rating. That would be my guess from a 10-minute Google search, at least.

As far as we are concerned, though, the description here lines up with “5” on the JMA Seismic Intensity Scale or “6” on the Mercalli scale, which, according to Wikipedia, is around magnitude 5.
Found this scan. Can't paste it into the chat for some reason though.
I'm not sure what you meant by "Can't paste it into the chat for some reason" but we got that covered then.
Still researching as I'm not sure what specifically could be wrong w/Ladd's Alcatraz calc.
If there is nothing glaringly wrong about it, it’s probably fine. CGMs would point out small details.

Hey, it is obscure Japanese media, there probably is.

It’s from the Mercalli intensity scale. As for how they got the "magnitude 6" rating, MMI's conversion to magnitude is not exactly straightforward; you can still find different sources with different answers. The source the OP was using at the time was probably saying it was equivalent to a magnitude 6 rating. That would be my guess from a 10-minute Google search, at least.

As far as we are concerned, though, the description here lines up with “5” on the JMA Seismic Intensity Scale or “6” on the Mercalli scale, which, according to Wikipedia, is around magnitude 5.

I'm not sure what you meant by "Can't paste it into the chat for some reason" but we got that covered then.

If there is nothing glaringly wrong about it, it’s probably fine. CGMs would point out small details.
I could still be wrong as I'm certainly not a genius nor am I a calc member.

Maybe we can find a calc member that can give this an official evaluation or I can try to redo the calc but make it a bit "easier to follow", add some more ends to go over/have options and link Mr. Bambu's calc in a cited section.

I, uh, don’t really see the point in the first suggestion? Isn’t it just the second, but with extra steps? Or are you suggesting we get a CGM to check if Mr. Bambu's calc still holds up?

Either way, it’s your decision to make, really. I personally think it’d be better if we were in a position where we could take appropriate action in case something came up, but that's about it. I can't really say anything more than that; calcs aren't my forte, like, at all.

Last edited:
Or are you suggesting we get a CGM to check if Mr. Bambu's calc still holds up?
That's what I meant w/the first suggestion. Sorry for the confusion.
Either way, it’s your decision to make, really. I personally think it’d be better if we were in a position where we could take appropriate action in case something came up, but that's about it. I can't really say anything more than that; calcs aren't my forte, like, at all.
Thanks! I'd like that too. I'm no expert either as it just occurred to me that Mr. Bambu is a calc group member. Given that and there haven't been any noted flaws in the calc, it seems very usable to me.

Back