• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential new power: Concealment

So should I delete the page until we have made a decision here? So our members do not add links to it to lots of profile pages.

This ability seems just like stealth master to me, because we don't define stealth mastery as being limited to real life ways of stealth. As the page mentions "invisibility, adapting to blend into your surroundings, or suppressing the sounds you'd make" supernatural ways of imperceptibility are included.
Personally, that's also how I always used stealth mastery on profiles.

I think splitting the page at this point might be unnecessarily troublesome. Personally, I would rather amend the Stealth Mastery page to include the aspects of concealment in a more explicit manner.

Thank you for helping out DontTalk.

However, I think that expanding on the stealth mastery page in the suggested manner would likely be confusing at this point, given that most of the characters that currently link to it do not specify whether or not they have it as a supernatural ability, and most of them do not.

I personally prefer if we keep stealth mastery as a skill rather than a power, and use resistances to clairvoyance, extrasensory perception, etcetera, for anything beyond that.

However, I think that expanding on the stealth mastery page in the suggested manner would likely be confusing at this point, given that most of the characters that currently link to it do not specify whether or not they have it as a supernatural ability, and most of them do not.
I can't claim to know the exact statistics, but wouldn't strictly excluding supernatural skills be even more troublesome at this point? I think a not negligible amount of characters with supernatural stealth abilities has the ability listed.
While amending the page to include supernatural things might leave unexplained abilities less clear, excluding them would require us to filter through the pages with stealth master, remove the ability from all that use supernatural powers to have it and add new abilities to them. Otherwise, we end up with a lot of pages that have straight-up wrong abilities.

Furthermore, considering that the current stealth mastery definition ranks from normal hiding to straight-up invisibility, any page that doesn't closer specify already has this problem. If we now default to assuming that stealth mastery without explanation is normal non-supernatural hiding, then we can also continue to do so after extending the page a bit.
If necessary we can just leave a note on the page that without further explanation stealth mastery should be assumed to be the non-supernatural kind.

I suppose that you make sense as usual, but we need a note in the stealth mastery page, in the manner that you explained above.

Back