• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential Hunter x Hunter upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
LordUrien935 said:
It makes sense sure, but the panels clearly show it's not vaporization. It's safer to assume that Uvogin wasn't using his full power since Machi kinda disregards the DC by saying "It's just a straight punch with some Nen added"
That was just to demonstrate how basic Uvogin's attacks are, since he's an enhancer just like Gon with extremely basic abilities.

EmperorRorepme said:
We don't actually know what that blood is but assuming it's from Kite landing hits, it isn't any significant damage whatsoever.
Pitou being hyped to fight Morel is only through the strategic and tactical nature of his puppets being superior to hers. Not power.

Zeno is kind of an anomaly to be honest. He's probably the strongest human in that bunch.

I still think there's way more to it than just "output my aura" and it scaling to Youpi. Doesn't make any narrative sense or feat wise sense if we don't take into account limitations and contracts which can multiply an abilities effectiveness/power etc. We cannot scale it due to the nature of limitations and contracts.

I'm not sure why Morel is relevant at all to the scaling though, if anything it looks to mess it up a little.
This is patently false. Meruem struck Pitou with intent to kill and only managed this . Damaging Pitou visibly, as you can see , is extremely hard to do.

It was not only for his tactical prowess. It was also the quality of his nen being pumped into his soldiers.

Zeno isn't an anomoly though. He's a high tier hunter. People like Hisoka, Silva, Chrollo (who zeno admitted would beat him and tanked his Nen dragon to the face), and the like are all High Tier hunters. Same with Morel. Morels' high end hatsu being a defensive/trap option, is notsome weaksauce stuff that couldn't possibly scale to RG level, especially when it has the feats.

Except it does make sense. The RG can beat people because there stats across the board are just insane. Just because someone can't beat Pitou because they'd be blitzed to hell and back and one shotted, doesn't mean they can't have Hatsu that can affect Royal guard opponents.

Killua literally incinerated Pouf's face , and was brusing Youpi when striking him via Ranmaru/hurting him withlightning attacks. The same Youpi that was completely unscathed by his own rage blast ground zero.

Idk why people keep bringing up limitations. Those are explicitly mentioned. Nowhere is it ever stated or implied that SMokey jail uses that.

He is. Compared to guys like Ging and Pariston, who are top tier Hunters. Dude was a Single-Star Hunter, same as Tsezguerra.

Killua's feat was in base and done casually. It is laughably scalable to most notable hunters.

Uvogin clearly scales. His feat being lower on the board is a non sequitur. It happens all the time across all fictions. We can only calc what is measureable and Author's aren't keeping an internal consistency for every single characters, or even keeping measurable feats in mind at all.

"This is patently false. Meruem struck Pitou with intent to kill and only managed this . Damaging Pitou visibly, as you can see , is extremely hard to do."

You're not addressing my first point of "we don't know where the blood came from in the first place" and also Meruem hit her with the force to one-shot Nen-less Squadron Leaders. This literally means nothing.

"It was not only for his tactical prowess. It was also the quality of his nen being pumped into his soldiers."

That's just your headcanon, that isn't stated anywhere and none of anything you presented leads to this either.

"Zeno isn't an anomoly though. He's a high tier hunter. People like Hisoka, Silva, Chrollo (who zeno admitted would beat him and tanked his Nen dragon to the face), and the like are all High Tier hunters. Same with Morel. Morels' high end hatsu being a defensive/trap option, is notsome weaksauce stuff that couldn't possibly scale to RG level, especially when it has the feats."

He is. He isn't even a Hunter, you mean top tier Human but he's the strongest of that bunch. Zeno did not admit Chrollo would beat him, like at all. Zeno is the strongest of the top tier Humans for the aura capacity he has. They don't scale to RG like at all. Zeno is an anomaly because he somewhat scales to Pitou at full power whilst Chrollo and Silva are nowhere near Pitou.

"Except it does make sense. The RG can beat people because there stats across the board are just insane. Just because someone can't beat Pitou because they'd be blitzed to hell and back and one shotted, doesn't mean they can't have Hatsu that can affect Royal guard opponents."

You haven't addressed anything I said about Morel and why it wouldn't make sense. You're not presenting anything new to the table just "they scale".

"Killua literally incinerated Pouf's face , and was brusing Youpi when striking him via Ranmaru/hurting him withlightning attacks. The same Youpi that was completely unscathed by his own rage blast ground zero."

This is a heavily nerfed Pouf first of all and Killua's lightning ignores durability.

"Idk why people keep bringing up limitations. Those are explicitly mentioned. Nowhere is it ever stated or implied that SMokey jail uses that."

It's called logic and reasoning.

LordUrien935 said:
He is. Compared to guys like Ging and Pariston, who are top tier Hunters. Dude was a Single-Star Hunter, same as Tsezguerra.
I'm not talking about in tier ranking. I'm talkiong about the tiers of power that exists between hunters in hxh. Morel is not some random 1 star hunter. He is extremely apt in battle and even praised by Pitou. Killua having already seen the likes of Hisoka, Illumi, his family, etc felt Knov and Morel out as extremely strong . Survived against two other royal guards as well. Even knuckle was stated to be an exceptional hunter.

@Emperor I feel that 10-A is a low ball for Hinrigh because he was confident that he can take Hisoka and by virtue of being a proficent nen user should be above pre-nen gon imo.

I think most proficent nen users from Succession war arc should scale above Binolt because he is only moderately skilled in nen.

"You're not addressing my first point of "we don't know where the blood came from in the first place" and also Meruem hit her with the force to one-shot Nen-less Squadron Leaders. This literally means nothing."

The blood came from her fight with Kite....He was using his mace, and the background environemnt showed a bunch fo destruction i.e they fought and made quite the scene. He didn't just get one shotted when the scene switched, backed up by Pitou's praise of him. It came from kite.

No? Meruem knew the royal guard were much stronger than his other warriors. Hence why he praises her. You are specially pleading and downplaying Meruem's strike when the scene is intentionally set up to highlight Meruem attempting to kill her, and also praising her for her durability in surviving the attack.

"That's just your headcanon, that isn't stated anywhere and none of anything you presented leads to this either."

Or you could actually read the scan I posted. Pitou goes on about how he uses lesser puppets then her but they are more quality. One of the things that excited Pitou about fighting Morel. And that is the viz translation.

"He is. He isn't even a Hunter, you mean top tier Human but he's the strongest of that bunch. Zeno did not admit Chrollo would beat him, like at all. Zeno is the strongest of the top tier Humans for the aura capacity he has. They don't scale to RG like at all. Zeno is an anomaly because he somewhat scales to Pitou at full power whilst Chrollo and Silva are nowhere near Pitou."

Yes I meant human. And no he isn't, show proof that Zeno is the strongest? What makes him stronger than silva? Chrollo? And yes he did admit that Chrollo would beat him, as if it wasn't obvious that Chrollo was able to fight him and Silva at once despite having no intention to kill when they did.

"You haven't addressed anything I said about Morel and why it wouldn't make sense. You're not presenting anything new to the table just "they scale"."

I did present evidence. I literally presented the feat of him blocking the rage blast with his smokey jail. Showed you kite injuring Pitou, and Zeno being able to threaten her with powerful aura.

You are the one who has to prove that Morel used limitation or contract instead of his manipulation nen.

"This is a heavily nerfed Pouf first of all and Killua's lightning ignores durability.1"

Pouf is still an RG.

And no? Killua's electricity does not bypass durability lol. Electricity/lightning is still energy. It doesn't allow someone to hit outside of ranges far passed AP of the person generating the lightning.

"It's called logic and reasoning."

Actually no, you are violating "logic" by committing the argument from ignorance fallacy here. Absoultely nothing ever shown or implied saying smokey jail is a contract or limitation. Also not death nen. All special cases are explcitly noted when said thing happens.

The same way Killua can become faster than the royal guard as a 12 year old boy with his top end hatsu, other high tiers can do things with their high end hatsu such as making a smoke jail durable enough to tank Youpi's blast.

Also a good read on power dynamics in CA

https://www.narutoforums.org/thread...x-hunter-upgrade.1146420/page-2#post-59099647

Killua went from being fodder to Rammot, to being capable of harming Youpi with his attacks and outspeeding the RG in the span of an arc. Killua couldn't do Jack to Youpi if his nen wasn't potent enough, let alone send him flying, bruise him, and make him cry out in pain from his attacksbased o how nen works . Same with Morel and smokey jail.

Saying stronger hunters top end Hatsu can't scale is not only non evidenced, but their is a ton supporting the contrary.

Dr. whiteee said:
https://www.narutoforums.org/thread...x-hunter-upgrade.1146420/page-2#post-59099647

Killua went from being fodder to Rammot, to being capable of harming Youpi with his attacks and outspeeding the RG in the span of an arc.

Saying stronger hunters top end Hatsu can't scale is not only non evidenced, but their is a ton supporting the contrary.
Read Killua's profile

"Limited Durability Negation(Killua can now hurl electricity at opponents in the form of lightning, this lightning was able to paralyze Menthuthuyoupi who is vastly stronger and more durable)"

Purgy said:
Dr. whiteee said:

Killua went from being fodder to Rammot, to being capable of harming Youpi with his attacks and outspeeding the RG in the span of an arc.

Read Killua's profile
"Limited Durability Negation(Killua can now hurl electricity at opponents in the form of lightning, this lightning was able to paralyze Menthuthuyoupi who is vastly stronger and more durable)"
His lightning doesn't bypass durability. Killua was strong enough to stun Youpi. Killua's lightning wouldn't be able to effect Youpi in the slightest if it wasn't potent enough. Killua's electricty doesn't have hax. Lightning is still energy. Not sure how that got passed.

"The blood came from her fight with Kite....He was using his mace, and the background environemnt showed a bunch fo destruction i.e they fought and made quite the scene. He didn't just get one shotted when the scene switched, backed up by Pitou's praise of him. It came from kite.

No? Meruem knew the royal guard were much stronger than his other warriors. Hence why he praises her. You are specially pleading and downplaying Meruem's strike when the scene is intentionally set up to highlight Meruem attempting to kill her, and also praising her for her durability in surviving the attack."

No we don't know where the blood came from regardless of the destruction and whatnot. Pitou praising Kite doesn't mean anything. All she said was she enjoyed their little scuffle. She didn't say "Oh I enjoy the scars you put on me etc."

Ok you won't accept that? Then I'll argue it different. He casually struck with a swing of his tail, if he knew she was strong and how power she was he would have hit her much harder than he did and she would have died. It's only after he hits her he realises she's significantly more powerful than the Squadron Leaders hence the praise.

Merely saying "it's hard to harm a RG" means nothing because the fight was off screen we don't actually know how she was harmed or how long the fight took. Assuming she was harmed in the first place because we can only assume where the blood came from. We don't even know the abilities Kite may or may not have used in that fight, all we have is the mace. Not even mentioning that this was newly born Pitou who became much stronger later on.

"Or you could actually read the scan I posted. Pitou goes on about how he uses lesser puppets then her but they are more quality. One of the things that excited Pitou about fighting Morel. And that is the viz translation."

Ok? All Pitou says is Morel has better puppets that can take on more complex instructions. Where does this lead to power? "High quality" does not allude to power. Pitou being excited to fight means nothing when she annihilated Kite and was excited to fight him.

"Yes I meant human. And no he isn't, show proof that Zeno is the strongest? What makes him stronger than silva? Chrollo? And yes he did admit that Chrollo would beat him, as if it wasn't obvious that Chrollo was able to fight him and Silva at once despite having no intention to kill when they did."

He's stronger because he he caused Pitou to prepare to fight at full power and has may somewhat scale to Netero in having fought him before. Pitou and Netero both scales above Silva and Chrollo. No he did not admit anywhere that Chrollo would beat him he basically said the equivalent of "if you actually tried to kill me the fight would be different". Silva's Hatsu did nothing to Zeno as well who took the attack for both him and Chrollo mostly. Chrollo said in the fight when Zeno used Ko that "he did not have the defences to block it" so he resorted to using a Hatsu to evade it.

"I did present evidence. I literally presented the feat of him blocking the rage blast with his smokey jail. Showed you kite injuring Pitou, and Zeno being able to threaten her with powerful aura."

I debunked all of this evidence. It doesn't act as proof any longer.

I did and I used sound reasoning and logic which you have evaded instead of directly addressing. It doesn't make sense for Morel to scale to Youpi at all.

"Pouf is still an RG.

And no? Killua's electricity does not bypass durability lol. Electricity/lightning is still energy. It doesn't allow someone to hit outside of ranges far passed AP of the person generating the lightning."

And? He was nerfed. He clearly wasn't as durable any longer so your point is gone and to add more onto that Killua targeted his CELLS and burnt them.

It does ignore durability, it doesn't matter if it's just energy we have "Resistance to Electricity" on here for a reason.

Dr. whiteee said:

Killua went from being fodder to Rammot, to being capable of harming Youpi with his attacks and outspeeding the RG in the span of an arc. Killua couldn't do Jack to Youpi if his nen wasn't potent enough, let alone send him flying, bruise him, and make him cry out in pain from his attacksbased o how nen works . Same with Morel and smokey jail.

You do realise that if you want to change how we treat Killua's lighting. Make a CRT.

Killua couldn't do Jack to Youpi if his nen wasn't potent enough

Killua doesn't hit Youpi with his raw nen. Otherwise it wouldn't do anything. He TRANSMUTES his aura into lighting. He hits him with lightning which burns and bypasses durability. Nen can be manipulated in many ways to create abilities which bypass durability. If you have a weaker Nen to someone much stronger than you and you try to hit them, it won't do anything. This is a basic principle in HxH. Camilla, who is weak as hell in terms of Nen potency from what we can tell has an overpowered counteractive Hatsu which bypasses durability based on her contract of Nen after death, I can give you a TON of examples.

I've already debunked Morel's Smoky Jail scaling to any human. It doesn't make sense and it will not be accepted no matter how many times you try. Limitations, Contracts and everything make it a cesspool of trying to scale ability potency. Especially when Morel's aura capacity was SO much smaller than Youpi's and ON TOP OF THAT he was running at 30% aura capacity. So not only is Youpi waaay stronger and has waaay more nen expenditure when he explodes, Morel with his aura capacity would not be able to block it without invoking some sort of contract otherwise it becomes inconsistent and topping this off with the various statements of how much stronger Youpi is in comparison, Knuckle literally thought he had immeasurable nen capacity in comparison to them.

"No we don't know where the blood came from regardless of the destruction and whatnot. Pitou praising Kite doesn't mean anything."

yes we do. It is blatantly implied that the bloodcame from the preceding fight with Kite, who once again, also had his arm torn off. This isn't really hard to prove not sure why you keep trying to hold off on this point.

"Ok you won't accept that? Then I'll argue it different. He casually struck with a swing of his tail, if he knew she was strong and how power she was he would have hit her much harder than he did and she would have died. It's only after he hits her he realises she's significantly more powerful than the Squadron Leaders hence the praise."

Once again false. You keep using charged language to try and downplay the strike without presenting any actual proof. Meruem was well aware that hsi guards were insanely stronger than his normal lackeys. In the scene where he hits Pitou he is straight up chiding her because she offended him by suggesting he couldn't read aura of the humans. But he can't tell the RG are leagues above his mooks?

He didn't casually swing...He swung with intent to kill, which is opposed to "Casually" and the reason he praised her is because she surpassed his expectations. He wouldn't praise her for surviving a casual love tap. You are completely ignoring the evidence given and concocting some weird interpretation to try and support your point.

"Merely saying "it's hard to harm a RG" means nothing because the fight was off screen we don't actually know how she was harmed or how long the fight took. Assuming she was harmed in the first place because we can only assume where the blood came from."

No it doesn't. "It's hard to harm an RG is a fact. And I literally gave you evidence. Pitou was unscathed from A buddha palm from Netero, and suffered brusing from a kill strike via meruem. The "assumption" is literally the most evidenced conclusion from the scene. For Kite to have injured Pitou at all means he must be capable of getting close to her durability based on how nen works, and common sense.

"Ok? All Pitou says is Morel has better puppets that can take on more complex instructions. Where does this lead to power? "High quality" does not allude to power. Pitou being excited to fight means nothing when she annihilated Kite and was excited to fight him."

You keep ignoring things. Pitou's excitment is because said people are strong and she wants to prove herself against them. RG can stomp most hunters because their stats and too constisently high across the board. That doesn't mean the hunters don't have moves that can affect the RG, which has been proven multiple times in this thread. It's just in a 1v1 they wouldn't have time to employ said moves before being killed by raw speed and power.

"He's stronger because he he caused Pitou to prepare to fight at full power and has may somewhat scale to Netero in having fought him before. Pitou and Netero both scales above Silva and Chrollo. No he did not admit anywhere that Chrollo would beat him he basically said the equivalent of "if you actually tried to kill me the fight would be different". Silva's Hatsu did nothing to Zeno as well who took the attack for both him and Chrollo mostly. Chrollo said in the fight when Zeno used Ko that "he did not have the defences to block it" so he resorted to using a Hatsu to evade it."

This is a pretty forced conclusion. Him being the one chosen to scare Pitou doesn't mean he is stronger than his peers...You are forcing that conclusion and it doesn't logically follow given that Pitou never encountered a slew of those peers.

Zeno had to risk his life in order to fail killing chrollo, with Silva as back up. While Chrollo had no killing intent. What makes you think he would fair better without silva and Chrollo having killing intent? He states the end result would be "another story" if Chrollo fought to kill. If Zeno was > Chrollo this wouldn't be the case, and Zeno inherently wouldn't have needed to sacrifice his life to kill Chrollo with backup nonetheless.

Chrollo literally tanked multiple attacks fromZeno including his dragon hatsu.

"I debunked all of this evidence. It doesn't act as proof any longer.

I did and I used sound reasoning and logic which you have evaded instead of directly addressing. It doesn't make sense for Morel to scale to Youpi at all."

Except you didn't. You used arguments from ignorance (Morel is using a contract or limitation), special pleading (Zeno can threaten RG with his nen despite being <<< them, but he's a special case that no other hunters can replicate), and the repeated rebuttal of "that means nothing" without backing that up or countering my points.

"And? He was nerfed. He clearly wasn't as durable any longer so your point is gone and to add more onto that Killua targeted his CELLS and burnt them."

Pouf is a royal guard. Being nerfed doesn't make him fodder tier. Pouf still easily assessed he could kill Killua with a strike.

Okay? You realize all attacks that target things with cells....hit the cells of their opponents? This isn't really an argument, it's just stating something obvious. If you get punched in the face, the other person's fist and KE hit your cells...Killua doing damage with his lightning was no different than character x from anime y using electricity to burn something.

"It does ignore durability, it doesn't matter if it's just energy we have "Resistance to Electricity" on here for a reason."

It doesn't. I literally posted the mechanics of nen. Killua can't effect youpi if his nen efifciency isn't high enough to match or get close to Youpi's.

Resistance to electricity just means said character has a higher threshold for that specific element in question. It doesn't prove it's hax. Not really sure what you are going with on that one. Wind, water, fire, earth, etc all have resistances. Doesn't mean those elements bypass conventional energy.

The same way Freezing is a side effect of ice, shock is a side effect of electricity to biological life. Doesn't mean they don't follow energy rules.

Nothing implies or is stated about killua's lightning to have durability bypassing elements more than any other lightning/electricity power. That is a forced conclusion because you have prematurely decided "it doesn't make sense for Killua to be able to effect youpi". The premise is fundamentally flawed and evidence goes against hunters not being able to effect RG with their top end stuff. Once that falls flat your forced conclusion does as well, as once again, it was never stated or implied that his lightning has hax qualities.

I requested the Bombardier Ant's calc to be evaluated. If it's rejected, well... there's plenty of other calcs to go around.

I think almost everyone here agrees with Low 7-B Youpi and Pitou and 7-A Meruem since it looks like vaporization.

The biggest issue is scaling human Nen users, but the top humans are definitely in the tier 7 range.

The human characters IMO should be scaled from Killuas farting ant feat not Youpis rage blast tbh. HxH abilities are enough to let people hit above their weight class and shouldn't be something to gauge their base abilities. The Royal Guards biggest hype is all of them being able to kill Netero before he could even get to Meruem. Netero even when he had Morel and Knov as back up and when it was only Pitou said Pitou was stronger and opted to back out and train to get back into shape and on top of that began to meditate to be able to gather as much of his aura that he had.

I see people mention Zeno but Pitou went directly for Netero after the Dragon Dive dispersed and Zeno stated Netero always beat him down every time they've fought. The Guards are just overprotective of Meruem in their own ways.

If you want to upgrade the verse, you need to place any new calculations in a blog and get them evaluated by the calc group.

However, this is likely a bad time for such a change, given that all discussion posts made after April 14 will disappear in the new forum, so if there are any important content revisions that need to be referenced in the new forum, please back them up here:

https://archive.org/web/

The threads can be updated with later backups if more posts are made in them.

It was never argued that humans should scale freely in base. They wouldn't casually scale, only with their best stuff. Chrollo isn't punching people with city level punches. It only scales to absolute top end hatsu, and not even evryone (because some top hunters nen don't use AP). Illumi for instance would not scale as hos hatsu isn't damage or defense related. It's hax.

They scale to killua tanking the blast in base forms and anything outside their top end hatsu in durability and dc

Which is why I said, it doesn't make sense to ignore feats when we know hatsu can do crazy things. The ants stomp cause their stats are crazy and they only need one hit to kill most people, and are soo much faster. Hence making a potential win con from a hunter completely impossible to execute.

Dr. whiteee said:
It was never argued that humans should scale freely in base. They wouldn't casually scale, only with their best stuff. Chrollo isn't punching people with city level punches. It only scales to absolute top end hatsu, and not even evryone (because some top hunters nen don't use AP). Illumi for instance would not scale as hos hatsu isn't damage or defense related. It's hax.

They scale to killua tanking the blast in base forms and anything outside their top end hatsu in durability and dc

Which is why I said, it doesn't make sense to ignore feats when we know hatsu can do crazy things. The ants stomp cause there stats are crazy and they only need one hit to kill most people, and are soo much faster. Hence making a potential win con from a hunter completely impossible to execute.

I agree with this interpretation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back