• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential common feat calculation request

I wanted to request a calc to be made for how much it takes to destroy a train carraige. Might help quite a few verses especially with getting all the materials that compose it together if they havent been already.

@KLOL506

Would you be willing to help out here? It is for our references for standard feats page.

Hmmmmm, if you would be able to figure out the percentages of all the materials constituting up a train carriage and the average weight for one, I could prolly cook up a number.

These would oc be transportation/passenger trains. Trains used for cargo n shiz would involve a lot more steel and weigh a tonne more. Though im focusing on carraiges atm. Train fronts (locomotives) would also be a little more complex to do since theyd have the engines and all.
So 5 tonnes aluminium is used in lightweight transport trains as mentioned above

https://www.worldsteel.org/steel-by-topic/steel-markets/transport.html 15% of a trains mass is steel

I found extremely varying results for the weight of train carraiges from many places going from 15 to 80 tons going by quora results. Though here it says that the average weight of an empty passenger car would be around 68 to 72 tons (more than a tank!). And here for a pretty light train its about 48 to 51 tonnes. Lower end mayyy be better to use here especially for a lowball.

So thats about 25% of the trains mass. Mostly trying to get up plastic and glass for the train and any other metals thatd be used.

bump
Anybody anything to say about that or where to get the values for the ammount of plastic and glass used or any materials that can get the value closer to 100%?
Keep trying to find plastic but google just gives me results related to saving the environment smh

Assuming I'm allowed to comment.

Can there also be one for temperature dropping feats since I feel that would also help out a lot of verses?

Uhuhhh, best to focus on the train and figuring out what theyre made of for now though. Feels odd for steel and aluminium to compose only 25% of the trains mass though.

This is the results i get on quora. It would make more sense or at least be easier with 15 tonnes since aliminium and steel would then cover nearly half of the trains mass. Plastic and windows i still cant find anything that says how much is used on a train.

Might be my last bump as well agh

This is the results i get on quora. It would make more sense or at least be easier with 15 tonnes since aliminium and steel would then cover nearly half of the trains mass. Plastic and windows i still cant find anything that says how much is used on a train.

Might be my last bump as well agh
Well, that's not a lot to go on but I guess we can start with the basics, aluminium and steel.

Which one is more prevalent, steel or aluminium? I'm betting it's a mixture of both steel and aluminium.

Well, that's not a lot to go on but I guess we can start with the basics, aluminium and steel.

Which one is more prevalent, steel or aluminium? I'm betting it's a mixture of both steel and aluminium
Going by the sources i posted further up. 15% of the train is normally steel and an average of 5 tonnes of aluminium is used on lightweight carriages. Google does say zinc can be involved as well

Back