• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Boros's AP is as follows:

Attack Potency: At least Town level (As the most powerful member of the Dark Matter Thieves, he should be superior to Melzalgald, Groribas and Geryuganshoop), possibly Multi-Continent level (Was confident in fighting Saitama even after he had seen him breaking several parts of his spaceship, which is this durable) | At least Multi-Continent level (Stronger than before. Destroyed several sections of his spaceship's interior. Stated to be the strongest in the universe, with his fight against Saitama being described as "Strongest vs Strongest", which would make him stronger than the likes of Tatsumaki), higher with Energy Bullets (Releases more energy from his body than his normal attacks. Vaporized a large portion of his spaceship) | At least Multi-Continent level (Far stronger than before. A single strike from this form caused as much damage as the energy blast from his previous form. Saitama regarded him as almost being a real fight, later describing him as strong and maybe even the strongest person he'd ever faced), higher with Collapsing Star Roaring Cannon (Expends all of his energy into a single attack. Stated that his attack would incinerate the Earth's surface)

The main thing I'm looking at is the following:

At least Multi-Continent level (Stronger than before. Destroyed several sections of his spaceship's interior. Stated to be the strongest in the universe, with his fight against Saitama being described as "Strongest vs Strongest", which would make him stronger than the likes of Tatsumaki)

If Boros is stated to be the "strongest in the universe" besides Saitama at the time, wouldn't this include Blast?

If so, then Released Boros, and by extension Meteoric Burst Boros, should be superior to whatever Blast is rated at, which is "At least 5-A, possibly High 4-C"

It was discussed on the CRT that Blast was in another dimension, so it wouldn't be counting him. But if you can prove otherwise, then it could probably happen (or not).

Blast was not in the universe, god is also sealed in another dimension, not to mention it was shown that only 2 years prior to the Boros fight, blast had taken damage from a weaker and smaller elder centipede, so it’s highly possible that he was significantly weaker by the time this statement would have applied and might have some kind of AD (may make a crt for that)
Anyways the statement doesn’t apply to him, he was outside of the universe.

Don’t worry, we’re gonna save this type of scaling for when Boris returns along with the rest of the blast team
for now, we simply wait a few arcs for whenever that happens.

This whole Boros statement scaling sucks but it's hard to argue why it sucks. So I will hold my peace.

This whole Boros statement scaling sucks but it's hard to argue why it sucks. So I will hold my peace.
It’s hard to argue why it sucks because you’re wrong about it and don’t have any argument, it’s that simple 🗿
This kind of thinking is why it took years before Boros was able to get the absolute bare minimum here.

By the way if anyone still wants to debate the tatsumaki scaling stuff, feel free to hit up the Boros discussion thread (it’s banned in the opm general discussion thread) or my message wall, those 2 options would probably be a lot easier.

Blast wasn't in the same dimension at the time

Also his fight against a literal God level threat by default places him vastly beyond a Dragon+ like Boros

Need I say more?

It’s hard to argue why it sucks because you’re wrong about it and don’t have any argument, it’s that simple 🗿
This kind of thinking is why it took years before Boros was able to get the absolute bare minimum here.
Well, fair enough. I just don't really like the use of these old statements because I feel like there's simply outdated. Murata and ONE seem to change the story on a whim nowadays, so I doubt they even know what their statements entail in the future. Then again, that's just my personal opinion.

I do think CSRC should absolutely be 5-B now, though. If you scale him above Tatsumaki.

It makes absolutely no sense for his ultimate attack that uses all his energy to scale to 11 Extatons or any multi continental tier when all of his basic attacks should be absurdly stronger than 5 Extatons, especially in Meteoric Burst.

Well, fair enough. I just don't really like the use of these old statements because I feel like there's simply outdated. Murata and ONE seem to change the story on a whim nowadays, so I doubt they even know what their statements entail in the future. Then again, that's just my personal opinion.
Okay so I'm not gonna keep pretending like you're stupid for thinking this, and I do completely see where you're coming from, but I'd say in this case it's more fair
the Boros fight was indeed a few years ago, but it does seem clear that ONE still thinks about him and is conscious of him being a fan favorite to this day
he was nearly name dropped in the pre redraw orochi fight, but also the fact that we have a new Boros on Blast's team (something that is manga exclusive) does show that he has retained a fair level of awareness, and that Boros related things are likely still yet to be retconned
but if it's something like "darkshine is the toughest hero" then yeah, that's very obviously outdated and I'd agree with your logic on stuff like that.
I do think CSRC should absolutely be 5-B now, though. If you scale him above Tatsumaki.

It makes absolutely no sense for his ultimate attack that uses all his energy to scale to 11 Extatons or any multi continental tier when all of his basic attacks should be absurdly stronger than 5 Extatons, especially in Meteoric Burst.
the moment they rejected an anime Boros profile it was over, sadly.

If I had to provide another reason it would be that up until that point, Tatsumaki never actually revealed her true power because she never had a reason to.

And because of that, the statement could have been written from a non-omniscient viewpoint, where Tatsumaki's "strength" relative to the statement was just what she had shown up until that point.

Though again, it's hard to prove or argue for. So it's basically just a matter of opinion.

Last edited:
If I had to provide another reason it would be that you until that point, Tatsumaki never actually revealed her true power because she never had a reason to.

And because of that, the statement could have been written from a non-omniscient viewpoint, where Tatsumaki's "strength" relative to the statement was just what she had shown up until that point.
The databook is in this limbo between omniscient and non omniscient source, where sometimes it comes from the hero association, sometimes it comes from genos, but sometimes it comes from things that genos and the hero association both were completely unaware of in canon, mainly saitama
I heard someone say that it's just accepted that the S class profiles are kind of just propaganda, especially now with the added context of flashy flash basically disproving multiple stats on there
Although it does seem to be non omniscient when it comes to saitama since it's always like "could beefcake mean trouble for saitama?!?!" and stuff
more than anything I'd like to see a more modern one, but hey, it's all we have for now and as long as we just pick the more reliable stuff in there, it's safe enough I'd say
So it's basically just a matter of opinion.
Wise powerscaling take...
metal-gear-rising-raiden.gif

but sadly we are destined to be foes on the battlefield of the crt, where nuance, grey area, and opinion will simply not cut it
it has to be this way....

I believe there is a calc out there that found the energy required to "Shave" off the surface of the Earth which is the wording used in the manga if I'm not mistaken

Actually I found it here: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Qawsedf234/Some_Boros_CSRC_calcs

We should probably have another discussion about what ends are best tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back