• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Post-Timeskip Zoro CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
Introduction:
The purpose of this thread is to revising Roronoa Zoro's Post-timeskip profile; these revisions will be his scaling (although not an actual tier change) and his Powers and Abilities section. Currently we scale him to "being superior to Pica" when in fact this probably his lowest feat and not an accurate place to scale him considering he one-shot Pica.

Superb Swordsmanship -> Master Swordsman:
All I'm suggesting here is for his post-timeskip profile he has his Weapon Mastery be called "Master Swordsman" rather than "Superb Swordsmanship" as his vivre card says this about his improved swordsmanship "In name and actuality, he has acquired the skill suited for a master swordsman."
(Source)

Haki Revision Section:
Observation/Kenbunshoku: I'm not sure why Zoro was ever listed as Rudimentary but I'll be making a case for Zoro's observation haki to scale to the "Proficient" by listing off some of his feats;
  • Was able to sense the pressence of the tonnatta's while Luffy, Sanji and Kin'emon were cluesless and continued to follow it and track it down over Dressrosa.
    (
    Source)
  • Was able to sense the pressence of Caribou just like Luffy and Sanji with seemingly no issue.
    (Source)
  • Was able to sense how powerful Kikunojo was.
    (Source)
  • Sensed the pressence of Carrot before she was in visble sight and knew she would attack him before she appeared.
    (Source)
  • Sensed/foresaw the Arrow sent at Tsuru and blocked it before luffy noticed it or Batman.
    (Source)
  • Knew Franky would "cover his back" before he did so, this was also immediately after Zoro came out of his daze.
    (Source)
Armament/‎Busoshoku: Nothing to actually change here since it's already accepted Zoro has Advanced Armament via "Mighty Blade Swordsmanship" however he does lack his other applicantion off this advanced haki on his profile in the form of barrier creations which would need to be added to his Armament description as something he's capable of doing.
(Source)

Removing "Higher with Shishi SonSon" for the Post-Timeskip:
Although it's fine for pre-timeskip it shouldn't exist for post-timeskip since the sole reason it's such a strong attack is due to the haki it utilizes. Which is fine for the pre-timeskip since he seemingly could only do it with Shishi sonson or Rashomon. But Zoro in FMI and PH showed he can seemingly cut steel with no trouble now in the post-timeskip and seemingly with any attack.
(Source)

Scaling him to the 420 megatons range:
This will probably be the longest section of the CRT however I felt it neccessary since upgrading Zoro to this has been controversial in the past (Although I'm not sure if it still is given developments in Wano), essentially there are an assortment of feats since the start of the time-skip to the end of Dressrosa that quite comfortably put Zoro in the 420 range or even over it (However I won't be argueing upscaling to the next tier in this thread). I will now go through the feats Zoro has accomplished that will scale him to the 420 megaton range:

Hyouzou Scaling:
  • At the start of FMI Arc Luffy and co were intercepted by some of the fishman island pirates, among them was Hyouzou. All three were hit with a Jet pistol from a serious Luffy. Hyouzou blocked it and was unharmed and even poisoned Luffy. Luffy after hearing that Hyouzou withstood his attack called him strong.
    (Source)
  • Hyouzou wouldn't scale under Hody since he isn't technically apart of the crew and rather was hired by Hody. In retrospective Hody Jones was severely damaged (even after taking so many energy steroids that he got white hair) by both Gear Second and Base Luffy's attacks. Hody treats his white hair increase from his energy steroids as a massive boost to himself.
    (Source)
  • Hyouzou then took a similar amount of energy steroids as Hody and gained the white hair transformation, meaning he got a similar amp that Hody got. Yet he was treated as a far inferior opponent to Zoro who viewed the difference between them similar to Mihawk and Zoro in East Blue. He then proceeded to one shot him.
    (Source)
  • Hyouzou in base would be comparable to Gear Second Luffy, After taking energy steroids he would be amped massively putting him above Gear Second Luffy. Zoro one shot him putting him massively above him.
Punk Hazzard's Dragon Scaling:
  • The Punk Hazzard Dragon was tough enough to take a Jet Bullet to the face, with Luffy even commenting on it's toughness. It then proceeded to Smack Luffy away in Gear Second. Zoro with his Shi Shishi sonson was able to cut it's head cleanly, effectively one shotting it and held it back with his blades.
    (Source)
  • This would mean once again Zoro one shot an opponent relative to Gear Second Luffy, thus putting this version of Zoro massively above Gear Second Luffy.
Fujitora Scaling:
  • 1st Encounter: Fujitora intercepted Ittoryu Zoro who was about to attack Doflamingo and applied gravity which sent him far into the earth. Zoro then overpowered that same gravity with an ittoryu air slashed (produced with his weakest sword), which Fujitora sensed and what he sensed made him shiver in fear. Fujitora was pushed back from the attack. What's notable is that Fujitora didn't react in this manner when he was attacked by Luffy, Doflamingo or Sabo.
    (
    Source)
  • 2nd Encounter: Fujitora later then intercepted Luffy and Zoro again and attempted to attack them, yet once again Fujitora was blocked by Zoro using ittoryu.
    (Source)
  • 3rd Encounter: Despite just witnessing Fujitora casually lift up an entire country (the 420 megaton feat), and then witness his Captain utilizing both Gear Second and Third get defeated. Zoro was completely confident in fighting Fujitora and even told Luffy to switch spot.
    (Source)
  • Conclusion: Zoro had fought Fujitora twice with just Ittoryu and proved he was comparable to him, we know Ittoryu is far inferior to his Santoryu or Nitoryu. Zoro after his encounters, after witnessing Fujitora's greatest feats was confident in defeating him alone. Zoro should scale at least equal to Fujitora (420 Megatons) or above.
Minor Supporting Feats:
These are merely supporting points to show that the scaling is consistent in Verse:
  • Against some Sea Kings both Luffy and Zoro had a competition on who could capture the largest fish. Luffy used Gear Second to take down his (the smallest), which was then eaten by a far larger fish, which was then eaten by and even larger fish which Zoro one shot with Ittoryu 360 pound pheonix.
    (Source)

Conclusion:
Zoro would have "Superb Swordsmanship" changed to "Master Swordsman", have his Observation haki upgraded to "Proficient" from "Rudimentary" and his Armament Haki description to include the fact he can create Ryuo barriers, the removal of his higher AP rating with Shishi Sonson and changing his scaling to 420 megatons & his speed scaling to "possibly Relativistic+".

Last edited:
Armament/‎Busoshoku: Nothing to actually change here since it's already accepted Zoro has Advanced Armament via "Mighty Blade Swordsmanship" however he does lack his other applicantion off this advanced haki on his profile in the form of barrier creations which would need to be added to his Armament description as something he's capable of doing.
> (Source)

I don't think that's accepted as being a Haki barrier there, when it seems more likely to just be him blocking with his swords extremely quickly.

Here is the official translation of that page.

I think we'd need more evidence on that being him manifesting Haki away from himself.

The rest of the changes seem fine.

> (Source)

I don't think that's accepted as being a Haki barrier there, when it seems more likely to just be him blocking with his swords extremely quickly.

Here is the official translation of that page.

I think we'd need more evidence on that being him manifesting Haki away from himself.

My opinion on it being done with Ryuo barriers is due to Zoro's language referring to it specifically as a barrier, the fact the swords impact the air instead of closer to Zoro and the fact the swords that made impact started dismantling and we're told by Hyo that the whole swordsman cutting steel stuff is also done via Ryuo.

Regarding the Viz calling it "his reach" I'll look for the Japanese text of the scene later but the term he used was Kekkai which means barrier and is the same word used for the Ryuo barrier.

Regarding the Viz calling it "his reach" I'll look for the Japanese text of the scene later but the term he used was Kekkai which means barrier and is the same word used for the Ryuo barrier.
It seems to only appear like he's hitting air. There's motion lines around each of Zoro's swords.

Contextually speaking, "escape from my barrier" doesn't make a lot of sense. How does one escape a defensive barrier? "Reach" from the official translation makes a lot more sense.

And I think we'd need more confirmation that this is Haki specifically, considering we have visible movement on Zoro's blades.

Contextually speaking, "escape from my barrier" doesn't make a lot of sense. How does one escape a defensive barrier? "Reach" from the official translation makes a lot more sense.
Because he stopped fighting Hyouzou for a small amount of time yet Hyouzou attacked and hit the barrier losing his swords.

Anyways here's the Japanese version, he does indeed say barrier but there's no mention of reach:

I thought we don't primarily use Viz if another translation contradicted it?
Fan translations aren't automatically right just because they contradict Viz.

But anyway, in this case, I don't think the mention of barrier is enough for Zoro to get this application of Haki. I would rather we wait until we see him do it again for more conclusive evidence.

Anyways here's the Japanese version, he does indeed say barrier but there's no mention of reach:

Regarding this I've had it translated by a human and basically yes the term barrier is used and it can be used to refer to a barrier/forcefield but it can also be interpreted to mean a seperation of zones; basically saying everything within this zone is under Zoro's control.

So since it can and probably was referring to that I'll remove the "barrier" portion from the CRT.

I agree with everything. Great job. It's about time Zoro's Observation Haki received the buff it deserved.
Everything looks good, for the barrier we'll see what comes out of the japanese raw, I guess.
Agree with all except the Barrier portion
Since the barrier has now been covered and the rest seems fine should I apply the changes now or should I wait for more input?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back