• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Post Time Skip Base Asta vs Post Time Skip Gear Fourth Luffy

Shadowbokunohero

VS Battles
Content Moderator
maxresdefault.jpg

• Both are in character
  • Speed is Equalized
*Battle takes place on Turtle Island (Naruto)
Asta:
Luffy:

I wouldn't say mana and Baki equalized its a bit tough being that the way its used. I mean luffy has light observation haki to see his attacks, if luffy doesn't beat him with conquers haki but to also say Asta couldn't resist it might be tough. I really think it comes down to durability. Either luffy runs out of haki anf loses before he can charge it up again. Or Asta can't surpass his limits to beat luffy down before luffy gets his haki back.

So Luffy got much better Range, better Senses which will easily dodge astas attacks, better Stamina and Endurance, can tank nearly all of Astas attacks via being Rubber and using Haki, Dura neg if we using Wano Luffy or via Red Hawk, Lifting advantage...

Voting Luffy FRA

Yes it does... Via haki and normally his swords aren't that sharp at all
His swords gets sharp by manipulating Anti-Magic inside them. Also only his largest sword is too dull to cut anything without Anti-Magic

Assuming his DF does help him resist Asta's sword slashes, I'm not sure if it's enough to easily overcome the AP/Dura gap

No limit falacy against someone who is vastly stronger than him using Haki, has amps and you are forgetting Cracker almost cutting his arm despite him having Haki
I know that, but none of them were that much stronger to Luffy compared to Asta
Because he has stronger or equally as strong haki... Luffy with his Rubber can tank High 6-C to 6-B attacks while being Low 7-B

What reasons? Using Red hawk in gear third? Ignoring the massive ap difference?
Gear 3rd is just 1 attack... He'll start with that attack, that's it... luffy can also combine 2nd gear and 3rd gear. Not sure if it works but if he goes down to base and then goes gear 2nd it most likely is a blitz, maybe

• First of all, AP: Aster definitely holds the AP advantage (basically 6x). So even if Luffy amps himself with Haki he won't overcome the 6x difference.
  • Second, Notable Abilities Aster: Aster has precognition, Attack Reflection, limited magic homing, resistance to heat (red hawk is not an option)
  • Second, Notable abilities Luffy: Luffy has Precognition, Future sight, Danger senses, Emotion senses, Durability negation via Ryou, Homing in Snakeman/Bounceman, Afterimages creation, Resistance to blunt force trauma (If Aster only uses the blunt side of his sword), Faster attack speed via Python in Snakeman/Bounceman.

1) Now, that we have established these things, now i'll tell my reasons why Luffy wins, despite Aster's overwhelmly AP advantage. Luffy has fought against plenty of strong swordsmen, the most notable ones are: Zoro and Cracker. Why does that matter? it's because of the fact when Luffy sees a swordsmen he'll be especially wary of Aster due to the sharpness, further ampflied with his future sight and danger senses, meaning he will waste no time to immediately go into bounceman (because his instincts are alerting him to not underestimate him).

2) Although, aster is definitely ap-wise stronger and has his own precognition, the problem is he needs to constantly land a hit on Luffy (at least more than 2-3 times), which doesn't happen in almost every scenario, almost like a cat and mouse game. And while Aster is thinking of new ways to even hitting luffy, luffy has no such trouble hitting Aster, since it's painfully clear whose precognition is better (But i'll say it anyway about luffy’s ken haki. This basically allows him to sense the intentions, emotions, and the presence of his opponent with near-basic application. He doesnt even need to see the future to read Aster’s movements).

3) Luffy in this key has access to Ryou, an actively durability negation ability, coating his arms in Busōshoku Haki + Ryou, as to protect himself from the pierce damage and can also destroy inanimate/people from the inside, to make matters worse. Python is faster than Luffy and Aster (since Speed is equalized), meaning Luffy will strike faster than Aster and then bombarding him with durability negation punches, you could argue Aster "would" tank it. Except, it's not "limited durability negation" but Durability negation! that potentially damage your internal organs, you are not simply taking internal damage without regen.

main-qimg-e05cb47aed57774a4353fdde01a04805

Last edited:
I assume we are using 6-C asta not 6-C+. If yes then asta scales to 26.5 gigatons while luffy scales in AP 1 gigaton base, and 4.3 gigaton in G3, and 4.3 in durability, Asta's AP advantage is ridiculous and he also uses swords (dweller, destroyer and slasher) which bypasses luffy's blunt force stuff, luffy can amp with haki but it's not really gonna be effective and his AP in normal (high 7-A 1 gigaton) is no where near the same level as asta so he needs g3 to even damage asta (not including durability negation but IDK how that would work with G3) but he's a far bigger target in G3. Luffy has undoubtedly better precognition though asta also has intent sensing and analytical prediction so he still can keep up. Asta has range with anti slashes be able to power null luffy's devil fruit (maybe haki but I don't think so). Asta can also fly with the demon slayer and dual wield the dweller and destroyer which actually bypass luffy's rubber body. So Asta would be able to win against luffy with only a few attacks while luffy will have an extremely hard time even damaging asta, though asta will probably have a lot of trouble with luffy's precognition. So I'm voting asta mid to high difficulty.

I assume we are using 6-C asta not 6-C+. If yes then asta scales to 26.5 gigatons while luffy scales in AP 1 gigaton base, and 4.3 gigaton in G3, and 4.3 in durability, Asta's AP advantage is ridiculous and he also uses swords (dweller, destroyer and slasher) which bypasses luffy's blunt force stuff, luffy can amp with haki but it's not really gonna be effective and his AP in normal (high 7-A 1 gigaton) is no where near the same level as asta so he needs g3 to even damage asta (not including durability negation but IDK how that would work with G3) but he's a far bigger target in G3. Luffy has undoubtedly better precognition though asta also has intent sensing and analytical prediction so he still can keep up. Asta has range with anti slashes be able to power null luffy's devil fruit (maybe haki but I don't think so). Asta can also fly with the demon slayer and dual wield the dweller and destroyer which actually bypass luffy's rubber body. So Asta would be able to win against luffy with only a few attacks while luffy will have an extremely hard time even damaging asta, though asta will probably have a lot of trouble with luffy's precognition. So I'm voting asta mid to high difficulty.
OP said, Luffy can go into Bounceman and Snakeman. He just starts with G3

wait what, G4 isn't restricted? I though it was... now that's a different story.
  • First of all, AP: Aster definitely holds the AP advantage (basically 6x). So even if Luffy amps himself with Haki he won't overcome the 6x difference.
  • Second, Notable Abilities Aster: Aster has precognition, Attack Reflection, limited magic homing, resistance to heat (red hawk is not an option)
  • Second, Notable abilities Luffy: Luffy has Precognition, Future sight, Danger senses, Emotion senses, Durability negation via Ryou, Homing in Snakeman/Bounceman, Afterimages creation, Resistance to blunt force trauma (If Aster only uses the blunt side of his sword), Faster attack speed via Python in Snakeman/Bounceman.

1) Now, that we have established these things, now i'll tell my reasons why Luffy wins, despite Aster's overwhelmly AP advantage. Luffy has fought against plenty of strong swordsmen, the most notable ones are: Zoro and Cracker. Why does that matter? it's because of the fact when Luffy sees a swordsmen he'll be especially wary of Aster due to the sharpness, further ampflied with his future sight and danger senses, meaning he will waste no time to immediately go into bounceman (because his instincts are altering him to not underestimate him).

2) Although, aster is definitely ap-wise stronger and has his own precognition, the problem is he needs to constantly land a hit on Luffy (at least more than 2-3 times), which doesn't happen in almost every scenario, almost like a cat and mouse game. And while Aster is thinking of new ways to even hitting luffy, luffy has no such trouble hitting Aster, since it's painfully clear whose precognition is better (But i'll say it anyway about luffy’s ken haki. This basically allows him to sense the intentions, emotions, and the presence of his opponent with near-basic application. He doesnt even need to see the future to read Aster’s movements).

3) Luffy in this key has access to Ryou, an actively durability negation ability, coating his arms in Busōshoku Haki + Ryou, as to protect himself from the pierce damage and can also destroy inanimate/people from the inside, to make matters worse. Python is faster than Luffy and Aster (since Speed is equalized), meaning Luffy will strike faster than Aster and then bombarding him with durability negation punches, you could argue Aster "would" tank it. Except, it's not "limited durability negation" but Durability negation! that potentially damage your internal organs, you are not simply taking internal damage without regen.

main-qimg-e05cb47aed57774a4353fdde01a04805

Asta has range with anti slashes be able to power null luffy's devil fruit
No... Devil fruits aren't magic at all
Luffy has undoubtedly better precognition though asta also has intent sensing and analytical prediction so he still can keep up.
Luffy before fighting katakuri had better senses then Asta.... The same luffy who couldn't touch katakuri because of future sight... It will be like that or worse.
Asta has range with anti slashes
Extended melee range with swords, at least several dozen meters with Anti-Magic and Black Divider (very short range)

Oh okay then, G4 speed amps, plus durability negation with AP enough to actually damage asta. So a significant speed amp, durability negation via hitting organs, and precognition, so luffy mid difficulty then.

Btw, DFs and Haki cannot be equalized. I thought that's known knowledge in this wikia. Haki is not a life source if someone runs out of haki they don't die as shown plenty times in dressrosa arc. Dfs's origin is still unknown, furthermore it seems more like an in-verse thing anyways.

Back