• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

post schrodinger alucard vs dracula (castlevania)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dracula can interact with Alucard, because he can interact with Death, who also has Abstract Existence.

Dracula can also negate Alucard's immortality (Type 5 and 8) and regeneration (Low-Godly possibly Mid-Godly).

@DaReaperMan since when was that a thing? Affecting type 1 abstracts gives you the ability to affect type 1 abstracts.

also it’s simple, Dracula exists and Alucard just gets yeetus deletus.

@DaReaperMan since when was that a thing? Affecting type 1 abstracts gives you the ability to affect type 1 abstracts.

also it’s simple, Dracula exists and Alucard just gets yeetus deletus.
Uhhh, since before I can remember?

"Beware that the abstract nature of different characters can stem from different sources (rumors, concepts, possibilities,...), as such, being able to affect a subtype of a category does not mean a character can affect all types of abstraction." ~ Abstract Existence page

Not really implemented in any other vs debate when it comes to who affects abstracts last time I checked.

either way Dracula can affect concepts and has 4-D range and hax potency, Alucard isn’t doing shit against Drac’s literal existence ******* him over

Uhhh, since before I can remember?

"Beware that the abstract nature of different characters can stem from different sources (rumors, concepts, possibilities,...), as such, being able to affect a subtype of a category does not mean a character can affect all types of abstraction." ~ Abstract Existence page
Didn't know about that, thought it was a general thing. But it really is on the page. So Dracula can't interact with Alucard? Even with the 4D stuff?

Not really implemented in any other vs debate when it comes to who affects abstracts last time I checked.

either way Dracula can affect concepts and has 4-D range and hax potency, Alucard isn’t doing shit against Drac’s literal existence ******* him over
Uhhh, it's actually brought up a lot of the time. You probably don't deal with versus threads that deal with AE1 beyond the conceptual variety often.

Alucard is thoughts. Dracula is concepts. The two are different things. If you disagree feel free to make a CRT changing AE1.

@DaReaperMan so he’s an even shittier type 1 abstract if he’s based on his mind, which Dracula can affect easily, good to know.
Prove Dracula can specifically effect the abstraction of thoughts. If you can, put that on his profile.

It doesn't matter what you think is superior or inferior in this case, because it's abstract 1 all the same and you need the specific AE1 to do shit with it.

DaReaper would be correct it, unless Dracula can effect the abstraction of thoughts then he can't effect Alucard in any meaningful way.

Interaction with concepts =/= Interaction with thoughts. You need feats of effecting that abstraction in particular, being able to effect concepts is irrelevant.
Well, that's interesting.

oh sure if Alucard can resist higher dimensional hax that he has no answer to, I’d like to see some proof he’s able to avoid hax that is 4-D in range and potency.
First of all, drop the antagonistic tone there. Secondly I never said that Alucard resisted higher D hax, all I did was provide further clarification upon Alucard's AE and what it's based on.

Maybe don't assume things out of nowhere Glass, it makes the both of us look like asses. Never once nor implied Alucard resisted higher D hax, that's something you came up with out of nowhere by yourself.

@DaReaperMan Merriam Webster’s own dictionary would like to say otherwise.

@LordGinSama Literally what part of my text is antagonistic? I’m literally asking you for proof that he can avoid higher dimensional hax since you keep saying Dracula can’t affect him.

That’s not how you use the phrase but whatever. Alucard gets screwed the moment the fight starts so he loses.
"one of two or more words or expressions of the same language that have the same or nearly the same meaning in some or all senses"

Ya see that Glass? That bolded part there? The comparison of Thoughts and Concepts fall under that. They have similarities but at their core they are different. Just because being Angry and being mad are basically the same thing doesn't mean ALL synonyms are the same thing, unless you want to go make a CRT to say Endless=Infinite because they're synonyms. Get that shit passed and all I can do is grumble, until then you're wrong as ****.

@DaReaperMan Merriam Webster’s own dictionary would like to say otherwise.
Glass don't make comments like this whenever you yourself haven't even read what you've linked.

one of two or more words or expressions of the same language that have the same or nearly the same meaning in some or all senses.

Thoughts and concepts are not the same, we differentiate the two for a reason when listing the type of abstraction that Type 1 AE is based upon.
Literally what part of my text is antagonistic? I’m literally asking you for proof that he can avoid higher dimensional hax since you keep saying Dracula can’t affect him.
Your asking me for proof for something whenever I never made that claim to begin with? I'm addressing the argument of Dracula's interaction with Death allowing him to effect a different type of AE, not if Dracula can effect Alucard with 4-D hax.

Your hyper focused on a point that I'm not even arguing for.
That’s not how you use the phrase but whatever.
Wasn't using a phrase but whatever.

one of two or more words or expressions of the same language that have the same or nearly the same meaning in some or all senses

Maybe read the first part as well before you jump the gun that it doesn’t mean they have the same meaning.

@DaReaperMan you mean the thing that’s been accepted for a long time on the wiki now about how endless and infinite are treated? That job’s already done for me since DMC uses those statements in spade so yeah.

@LordGinSama you literally said Dracula cannot affect Alucard in any meaningful way, maybe double check what Dracula has in the first place before you make claims like this.

one of two or more words or expressions of the same language that have the same or nearly the same meaning in some or all senses

Maybe read the first part as well before you jump the gun that it doesn’t mean they have the same meaning.
Practice what you preach Glass. Definition is directly in your face, yet for some odd reason that being an ulterior motive most likely you only highlighted one part of the definition as opposed to the whole.

"The same or nearly the same." key words being nearly and or. Thoughts and concepts are not the same thing Glass, make a CRT if you think otherwise.
you literally said Dracula cannot affect Alucard in any meaningful way, maybe double check what Dracula has in the first place before you make claims like thisZ
I've read the profile, and again stop ******* hyperfocusing on one aspect. Context matters? I was obviously referring to the discussion of Dracula's NPI effecting Alucard's form of AE.

Again I never once said Alucard has a counter to Dracula's higher D manipulation, the discussion was about if Dracula can effect Alucard's form of AE using his interaction with Death as a basis. Doesn't take a genius to put things together Glass.

Again I never once said Alucard has a counter to Dracula's higher D manipulation, the discussion was about if Dracula can effect Alucard's form of AE using his interaction with Death as a basis. Doesn't take a genius to put things together Glass.
I have a doubt. Even with Alucard's specific AE, can Dracula affect alucard with the superior D hax?

Could you tell me?

I'm new to these things.

I have a doubt. Even with Alucard's specific AE, can Dracula affect alucard with the superior D hax?

Could you tell me?

I'm new to these things.
4-D hax would affect Alucard just as any 3-D character.

Just simply addressing the argument that effecting one type of abstraction = Effecting all types of abstraction which is inherently false.

@DaReaperMan you mean the thing that’s been accepted for a long time on the wiki now about how endless and infinite are treated? That job’s already done for me since DMC uses those statements in spade so yeah.
Hey Glass, guess what. You're hyperfocused on the wrong part of the definition. The relationship between Thoughts and Concepts are the ladder part of the definition objectively unless you can say that, to a tee, Concepts and thoughts are the same exact things. Which they aren't.

I'd love to see this because I can recall like 5 CRTs using Endless that got rejected, plus I'm pretty dure DMC has more context.

It's literally so simple. All it takes is a simple read from the Abstract Existence page to understand how it works. Concepts are not thoughts. They may be synonymous (in very specific circumstances anyway), but they are not the same. It's literally not rocket science.

@LordGinSama Same to you when it also is in your face, but ok sure, what exactly are thoughts stemmed from again? The mind? Something that Dracula’s magic literally consumes by its mere presence? So Alucard is still ****** regardless?

It’s almost like you didn’t look up what the actual dictionary meaning for infinite is, which is Endless.

@DaReaperMan So thoughts are just a weaker form of abstract as it stems from the mind, something less abstract than a concept and that Dracula’s magic consumes easily?

Literally any major DMC CRT has endless be used as an argument for the Demon World being infinite, if you think it’s rejected by all means make a downgrade thread on it because that’s one of the arguments for the god tier stats DMC has.

Like I said Glass you can make a CRT if that's what you think. Until you do that and get it passed your wrong, end of discussion.

Yea no, thoughts and concepts by no means are the same, we don't give everyone conceptual hax just because they have mind hax for a reason, and vice versa.

Like, I don't care if Alucard got ****** since 4-D shit likely just ignores all of these incorporeal forms and Drac's magic can still devour victim's mind according to his profile, but well nowhere in our current standard says that concepts and thoughts are same and everything in AE pages point out otherwise. Arguing about this just a waste of time

@LordGinSama It’s been accepted for a while on this site, otherwise DMC wouldn’t have gotten the higher ratings if endless wasn’t even a statement to use.

@Robo its literally tagging the game version of Dracula, not the Netflix version.

either way this thread is done, closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back