• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Post-Flashpoint Superman's possible upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assaltwaffle said:
It wouldn't. If it is literally straight-up condensed stars, then it would still have the exact same mass, and thus require the same durability to resist. Honestly we could probably get KE of throwing a punch with a star attached to your fist.

Although from a realism note even a small-ish star like our Sun would collapse into a black hole at around 5670 meters in diameter.
This star is not massive enough for such a gravitational collapse, it just turn giant and form a planetary nebula.

Well unless we have scans we can't assume.

Silver surfer is rated where he is because he can make solar systems go boom and match Thor.

not because he was simply stated to fly through a supernova, which at best is only a bit feat that supports his rating rather than being a legit feat that warrants a rating.

I remember N52 Supes saying that exploding suns is a piece of cake for him. Now whether we treat that as a hyperbole or take it on face value is up for debate. But I think the yield for that should be calculated.

@ProspectX

On its own, no, the Sun wouldn't collapse. But it were somehow forced into a diameter of 5670 meters it would become dense to the point of collapse, at least from the sources I have found. The Earth would need to be reduced to the size of a marble to achieve this.

Assaltwaffle said:
@ProspectX
On its own, no, the Sun wouldn't collapse. But it were somehow forced into a diameter of 5670 meters it would become dense to the point of collapse, at least from the sources I have found. The Earth would need to be reduced to the size of a marble to achieve this.
Oh you mean like that. Then yes.

tbf, the feat of lifting brainiac's space ship isn't calculable, as we never see the full size. it could be that atom condensed small ones batman created himself, it's a little to vague to put this as a proper feat. people will reach for outlier on the surviving exploding stars thing, i personally do not agree, cyborg superman would kind of want to test his limits, and powers, so it's possible that he actually tried this, plus, he could, if was destroyed, he could transfer his consciousness.

superman might actually be solar system level, he did tank a black hole (didn't behave like a real one though), and a supernova has such capabilities.

@Fankid Which brainiac ship feat?

The Stars came from dead solar systems which were shrunken via palmer tech and incoperated into the suit

I used a calculator for the GBE of red giant and I got 1.059×10^39 joules for a single solar mass with 1 AU radius which is High 5-A

AguilaR101 said:
Did you use UL or LL? We use LL ratings from Stardestroyer (assuming you used Stardestroyer).

Was the Braniac feat ever calculated, by the way? I haven't seen a calc for it.

I remember Proto calced it at 5-A iirc he also calced the black hole feat but that isn't accepted here for some reason

Is this going to go anywhere?

I assume at least High 5-A is warranted given that he destroyed the compressed suns on bat's gauntlet and their GBE should be on this level, and that's something he did while being weakened by them.

Guys, genuine question here. Since Post-Crisis and New 52 Superman are the same person now, how will future feats affect the character?

Matanuva135 said:
Guys, genuine question here. Since Post-Flashpoint and New 52 Superman are the same person now, how will future feats affect the character?
I think you meant to say post crisis/pre flashpoint and n52 and yeah not sure we figured out how to integrate them into rebirth profiles yet.

What is the issue here?

Can you provide a link please?

Okay, I suspected as much. I do not think that we can use that, but we likely need to merge the Post-Flashpoint profiles into the Post-Crisis ones anyway, so it may be a moot point.

Agreed. It is best if you handle it.

However, there aren't a lot of Post-Flashpoint profiles as far as I know. A few additional DC Comics character pages may have two sets of statistics columns for each continuity though.

Anyway, since we have talked about the black hole feat several times in the past, and this is an old thread, it seems best if I close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back