• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Post-Crisis Superman Speed Feat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I don't really mind using the feat. However, we would need to place the calculation in a blog post, and have it accepted by at least one member of the calculation group.

@Ant From the looks of it Xcano has accepted the feat earlier in this thread, not sure about AMM though

Matthew Schroeder said:
If you make a Blog Post, everyone can still see it. The general procedure is to make a Calc Blog and share the Blog on the "Calculations Evaluations" thread.
Where exactly is the "Calculations Evaluations" thread? Under Forum, I only see General, Content Revision, Versus Battles, etc.

X Heart of Steel x said:
@LordXcano
Did you read my reasoning above for why it should scale to reaction speed?

"As you can see from the scans though, they didn't just catch up to the missiles; they also circled them before making contact (at least evidenced in the middle missile that Superman destroys) using a rolling scissors maneuver often employed by fighter pilots with ships that have similar speed and thrust capabilities as their own.

To perform such a maneuver at such high speeds, the pilots (Superman, Overman, and Marvel) would have to be reacting to the very complex movements their trying to perform."
@Aceraspire

What sense does it overestimate Superman pre crisis? Read action comics 553-554 he dies in the big bang and after he is re-created by children authors. One more thing, the Big Bang is not an explosion but the beginning of the expansion of the universe's matter. But even if we consider it an explosion, this is just powerful enough to push all matter in the universe, but not destroy it. So resist or make a big bang NOT means having a power to destroy the universe. To destroy the universe it takes a lot more energy than the big bang.

He didn't neither 100 galaxy with a Magic power... Stop fanboy overstimate. Superman precrisis can die For an explosion that destroy Little planetoid shooted by a ship DC comics presents 27-29 please don't overstimate

Yes. It would be better if you create a separate thread. In any case, he is rated as 3-A for destroying a structure that withstood the entire Big Bang. It is admittedly not an actual explosion in real life scientific theory, but here it was portrayed as such.

Seeing as the feat in question exceeds prior ones by about 36k over; can be explained due to Superman progressively getting stronger. I don't have much of a problem with it. I'm fine with it applying to combat speed also, for reasons mentioned already.

I'm thinking a discussion regarding outliers within the MFTL+ tier should be held, I think we're far too accepting of feats within it. To the point where we won't even bat an eye if feats exceed others trillions of times over. However, this is a topic for another time and place; this is a thread exclusively for Supermans speed.

There's an obvious difference between you flying at 100,000c and Wally West's best feats.

However, when you have previously shown feats in the ballbark of 1 trillion c, and a new feat is discovered that puts you at 1 quintillion c, I don't think it's an outlier, but rather the character simply having a better feat.

People really think Superman's combat speed is that great?hell even Batman doesn't think that when he states WW is faster in combat than Superman

hell i don't have problem with Superman even being limitless in speed,since for him works that as long he's accelerating he goes faster.But that's for travel & flying speed,not in combat

Does the wiki have any rules for how many times a feat has to be repeated in order to be considered not an outlier, especially for Marvel and DC stuff?

It doesn't work quite like that, a character just needs to have feats that are considerably acceptable in relation to his other feats.

So, with several staff members now in agreement with the calculation of this feat, would it be proper to ask for it to be placed on the official Post-Crisis Superman page under the Speed section and replacing the power scaling to Mon-El, Karate Kid, and Green Lanterns?

Something like: MFTL+ (3.15 sextillion times the speed of light based on this calculation).

With a link to the blog post (given below) or something to that effect? Also, with the knowledge that the Green Lanterns' speed feat crossing the universe in 10 hours is now much larger based on the actual size to the DC universe, shouldn't their page be changed as well?

I will post the links to the blog posts below, both for Superman and Green Lantern that detail and calculate each feat.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...Post-Crisis_Superman_Speed_Feat?useskin=oasis

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...n_Lantern's_True_Cruising_Speed?useskin=oasis

Also, I have recently made a Cyborg (Post-Flashpoint) blog post that should prove able to replace many of the "Unknowns" on his page with quantifiable feats. If someone could give it a look, it'd be much appreciated.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U.../Cyborg_(Post-Flashpoint)_Feats?useskin=oasis

And finally, what are the rules with cleaning up grammar throughout the wiki? I would like to, but don't want to do so without the permission of the administration.

Good feat man. I'd agree with the numbers, don't see anything wrong with them. Although since timeframe is not made clear I'd go with the low end of 1 day to be conservative. I know OBD actually accepted this feat to as 1 day timeframe, so that seems acceptable by most others to.

SSJRyu1 said:
Good feat man. I'd agree with the numbers, don't see anything wrong with them. Although since timeframe is not made clear I'd go with the low end of 1 day to be conservative. I know OBD actually accepted this feat to as 1 day timeframe, so that seems acceptable by most others to.
Thank you very much. I disagree, though, about using the lower end calculation, as I am already low balling this feat to begin with.

The reality blitzing missiles weren't just going to blitz one universe (as I calculated), but blitz all 52 of them at once. As stated previously, to blitz is to overcome without the adversary being able to react, implying that these missiles were so fast that the very universes weren't going to have time to react to them.

Also, Mandrakk states that Superman (Cosmic Armor) is too late when the missiles have already launched. Since he expected to absorb all of the blood from the multiverse moments later (before being defeated), he obviously was not expecting to wait a full day. More like seconds.

Finally, the high-end (but still lowballed calc) fits with the revamped Green Lantern speed and Wonder Woman shattered god feat. Superman has always been able to blitz both characters and proven he's one of the fastest in the universe under the Flash.

If accepted, I believe it would be much more logical to use the high-end calculation, as it is still a low ball and for all the reasons outlined above.

I am fine with using either the Mid-End or the High-End. However, I don't agree with stating that Superman is >>> Wonder Woman and Green Lantern, rather they are all equal-ish.

12cheeper said:
Hey Tonathon,it's been a while.
Tonathan is globally banned across wikia last time I checked, and he used to argue for Multiversal+ Reality Warping Superman with immeasurable speed. This guy isn't Tonathan.

I am okay with saying that as well based on their individual feats. Each scales higher and higher each time. However, I only provided the other estimations as a scale of proof that DC characters (most of them) are faster than originally thought.

I still believe the High-End is the most reflective of the true calculation, as I did not take into account the other 52 universes, which would make the distance the missiles would have to "blitz" considerably higher (~5,200,000,000,000,000 light years).

Well personally with lack of a given timeframe still, despite mandrakk intentions, i'd use the low end of a day, maybe mid end if it really was an immenent thing with Mandrakk I suppose, high end just seems unnecicary to assume and WAY beyond all Superman's other feats, also it would fit better for him to jump from billions to quadrillions instead of billions to sextillions imo, also fit better with other feats that scale to similar characters the vast majority of the time. Either way though still an impressive feat.

Thank you again, SSJRyu. Another reason I would like to scale him to sextillions, though, is because, with the actual size of the DC universe revealed, other characters like Green Lantern and Wonder Woman have feats in the quadrillions and quintillions respectively (with WW possibly in the sextillions herself given a high-end of her shattered god feat). And as Superman scales to them already, it only makes sense to scale them upwards instead of maintaining the same speed.

That combined with the fact that this is a lowball calculation to what the missiles were actually intended to do (wipe out 52 universes within the breadth of a heartbeat) inclines me to use the high-end. Though I suppose, technically, I could recalculate to include wiping out all 52 universes in an hour or a day.

Not true. I have some other feats from other DC characters that scale to this one. I am just trying to establish myself on this wiki before trying to write too much at once and bombarding everyone. I have three threads open right now and this is the only one that has garnered any attention. Going slow and steady seems to be the best course of action.

People do not realize how massive Post-Crisis really was. There is a plethora of material to draw from between 1986 and 2011 with new storylines, tie-ins, character appearances in other stories, etc. My goal will be to ultimately uncover the most important, a task made relevant again with the introduction of Rebirth.

If it is not an outlier, and everyone agrees with this, i suppose i have no problem woth this.

and i agree with the thread thing, some verses just don't get the attention they deserve.

Miles Romero12 said:
I still think its an outlier, it clearly puts supes above any other feats by other characters exept green lantern and the flash.
You're trolling right? Superman is one of the fastest characters in DC comics and a recognized speedster. He's supposed to be fast

I don't think he's trolling; I think it's just a huge jump to make when one isn't aware that the DC universe was stated to be more than 100 trillion light years large many years ago. To most on here, I seemingly took Superman from billions x c to sextillions, and it's just too large of a gap for most fans to reconcile.

However, as shown above, the gap was never that large. It was only believed to be. Most upper tier characters were already in the quadrillions and quintillions times faster than light range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back