• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possibly FTL MLP

So something that I had in mind recently MLP was recently downgraded because the sun is moved at FTL speeds consistently however this also raises the question if this is true shouldn't they be FTL in reactions? ( or if not maybe in Attack speed/TK)

Yes https://www.narutoforums.org/threads/discord-moves-the-sun-my-little-pony-fim.1130168/ Some examples of FTL feats from Discord and Storm King with his staff

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Darkanine/MLP:_Twilights_Magic_Speed All Alicorn Twilight moving the sun also FTL

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Darkanine/My_Little_Pony:_Celestia_lifts_the_su Celestia also being a little over FTL with TK

So I wanted to hear your thoughts if were gonna accept the MLP sun as most consistently FTL shouldn't the characters speed scale for moving it that fast?

Moving an object at FTL speeds via telekinesis from a far distance is not remotely the same thing as moving at those speeds with your physical body.

MLP sun really isn't a luminous ball of gas, mostly hydrogen and helium, held together by its own gravity.

But yes, there should be insdtances where TK'd objects were dodged

Just because Celestia and 4x alicorn Twilight can move the MLP sun does not mean that anything they would throw with telekinesis would automatically be FTL. This seems speculative and unreliable to me.

Isn't this like giving someone who performs a storm feat in one second, hypersonic+ attack speed?

Antvasima said:
Just because Celestia and 4x alicorn Twilight can move the MLP sun does not mean that anything they would throw with telekinesis would automatically be FTL. This seems speculative and unreliable to me.
Why wouldn't it be? If you can telekinetically move 1 object ftl, then why not another? Especially when "another" is much lighter and easier to work with? That being said, I'm not sure if I even remember anyone dodging TK in the first place, so it'd be redundant.

HomestuckLover1 said:
I believe if you look though, there's bound to be instances of people dodging Twilight's magic or something being TK'd in their direction
It can't be from Twilight. She doesn't scale anymore.

If they threw something full force rather than casually perhaps, but it still feels like comparing somewhat unrelated cases.

I'm mostly neutral on this, I can understand both sides. Leaning towards for since magic tends to equal physical in MLP however. Plus, there was that tie when supercharged Twilight stopped the sun on a dime.

@Homestuck. Closest thing I can think of is Discord casually reacting to the EoH in The Return of Harmony - Part 2, but that's only a 0.40c~ feat iirc.

Okay. Is there any instance of dodging telekinesis from Celestia or 4x alicorn Twilight to scale from?

Well something that i thought of since magic is everything in MLP and there telekinesis is casually FTL shouldn't this scale to there magic blasts?

( like both come from the same magic source of power and one is done more seriously and with more effort then there TK so it logically should be > that) and several characters have reacted to there blasts before ( like IIRC Tempest reacts to blasts from Storm King's staff which also has FTL feats)

I mean, why wouldn't Twilight scale to the alicorns? If it were even a simple fraction of any of their power she would still be like multi solar system, and in secondary canon, she can attack and harm alternate versions of Celestia who could deal with her Daybreaker form.

HomestuckLover1 said:
I mean, why wouldn't Twilight scale to the alicorns? If it were even a simple fraction of any of their power she would still be like multi solar system, and in secondary canon, she can attack and harm alternate versions of Celestia who could deal with her Daybreaker form.
Not even. She'd be small star level. The alicorns themselves aren't even large star level, yet. She doesn't scale because she doesn't think she can replicate their feat. At most she'd scale to a low 4-C character.

So is there any proof of FTL movement speed here, or should we close this thread?

Back