• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possibly 1-B Q?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Would you be willing to handle it?

Thank you for the help.

I'm sure there's no need to keep bringing it up, but what about The Traveler, who may somewhat scale to Q? They have a very vast control over subspace and are directly stated to be from a "higher dimension", the Q are also said to be impressed by them to some degree. Also, Nagilum may need a little edit added to its profile, as it is stronger than Q, and does not mention the possibility of "countless," higher dimensions in its AP.

well the traveler could probably be at least high 1-C, likely higher given the incorporation of quantum principles and being impressed by Q or somewhat scale to them.

Q could just be plain 1-B given the statement and also further in that conversation he referred to it as "the true nature of the universe".

Nagilum could be at least 1-B or just High 1-B based on data's analysis:

DATA: Difficult to make a judgment, sir, based on the absence of information.

PICARD: Speculate.

DATA: This void has a total lack of dimension. Therefore, by any accepted standard, it does not exist, yet being within it denies that conclusion.

RIKER: Might we have moved into another dimension?

DATA: Could a lack of dimension be another dimension in itself?

PULASKI: That's an interesting question.

I agree with Crzer as far as the Traveler bit goes, though more context should be given with the "true nature of the universe" thing.

@Aeyu

Yeah, that should just be added under the Nagilum's 1-B possibility.

The rating you suggested for the Traveler is likely fine, I would think.

@Crzer07

That no more makes the Nagilum High 1-B than it makes literally everything inhabiting 40k's Warp High 1-B. We would need vastly more solid proof.

Okay. I can perform the edits for the Traveler and Nagilum, if needed. Traveler's also missing a few abilities which I outlined in this thread. When those two things get cleared up, this thread can be closed, I think.

@Ever

Also, remember when he had almost no abilities? Equally good times.

Yeah, he's definitely come a long way. It's a shame that Trek hasn't explored more dimensions than 5 (The brief glimpse of the Continuum was made so that Humans could comprehend it, so that doesn't count really, and the Traveler's "higher existence" was never explored). Tom Paris did a holodeck thing with 9-dimensional aliens, but I don't think that counts either because the 5-D beings actually were from a higher dimension, and not the holodeck itself. Fluidic space is also another dimension, but it's another 3-dimensional "plane of existence," so that doesn't really count; it's more like an alternate third dimension. Then you have beings who are considered close-to-the-Q in power, but are never given an "extra-dimensional" designation, nor have they demonstrated controlling subspace (Creatures like the Douwd, Trelane and the Organians would probably be something like....At least 3-A, likely far higher, for instance). The only other really high tiers I can think of are possibly the Federation as of like the 30th-31st century (They can edit big portions of the timeline or possibly even erase timelines that have gone awry) and the Sphere-Builders (Same thing). Then in the apocryphal, technically non-canon books, there is 0, The One, and Them (All popular in VS debates across the web) who could be even higher than the Q and Nagilum (Especially Them, who created all concepts as well as multiple multiverses and even existence itself, and are described as being as high above the entirety of the Q Continuum as the Q Continuum is above humanity)

So which pages do I need to temporarily unlock for you to edit?

So Azathoth what would the difference between 'possibly 1-B' and 'likely 1-B' be to fit better with the statements?

so 'good times' as in the profiles were better staying as Low 2-C or as in they've come a long way?

I may be able squeeze in little more abilities in that case. given that he is described as "onmipotent" in the show I don't think a few more would be far fetched.

Earth Manipulation given that Q junior was shifting planets' continents and messing with plate tectonics

Air Manipulation

Quantum Manipulation given that quantum mechanics is a thing in the show

Statistics Reduction

Magic: its a shame that the TOS pages are locked and forever remain tier 10, otherwise they could be granted some due to being in the Magus-Tu universe. Magic in ST is an art which proposed to make use of the supernatural to control or overcome natural events.

More questionably farfetched ones may be

Probability Manipulation as Comic Vine listed it there

Conceptual Manipulation given the Q continuum is an abstract place and Q made it seem like 9th century america to the voyager crew

Causality Manipulation via there being a "backwards universe" where literally everything flows opposite to the normal one where the Kirk crew visited. it also says this be achieved via law manipulation.

Fluid Manipulation via there being fluidic space

Also mortals were able to wield Q weapons and able to harm other Q's would they scale with it? This would make people like Harry Kim, Tom Paris 1-B with Q weapons (or would you rather attribute that to PIS)

@Ant

The Traveler and Nagilum.

@Crzer

He means how far the profile's come. He's told me in the past he thinks it's much better now.

Also, I agree with the abilities to be added, but Q never interacted with fluidic space, nor did he deal with the Megan universe (backward universe) in the canon that I know of. So I don't know if I agree with causality, fluid manip and magic unless there's other examples.

The rest seem fine though. Though Q's manipulation of the gravitational constant is quantum manip, so you may want to put that by the gravitational constant thing.

I will unlock the pages. Tell me here when you are done.

I will add the abilities Crzer listed above (minus the ones I'm unsure about) to Q (Star Trek), Q Continuum, and Q-Prophet's pages as well, if the abilities seem okay to add.

Alright. Please write a list of the exact titles of the pages that should be unlocked, so my automatic script can handle it.

Q (Star Trek)

Q Continuum

Q-Prophet

Additionally, I have finished the edits for Nagilum.

Okay. Tell me here when you are done.

I have finished with all the edits. You can lock all of the aforementioned pages.

Okay. Should we close this thread, or are there issues that still need to be discussed?

I think this thread can be closed. I may start a general thread involving the creation of some new profiles, but I don't see any more really-high-tiered revisions being discussed for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back