• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possibly 1-B Q?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Seed

I think that is a compelling case, actually. Coupled with the "limitless dimensions," thing, this may actually be High 1-B. Which...may put Nagilum at 1-A like originally discussed.

Potentially all of them. But I can definitely see a 1-B, possibly High 1-B rating.

Awrsomd. It makes sense, considering I remember there was a statement stating all the Q's separately are comparable. I would like Azathoth's response. I can help you with some pages for some of the lesser known Q's.

Have you asked Azathoth to reply here?

"In 2367, a Cytheria-enhanced Reginald Barclay discussed the cosmological constant with a holographic Einstein. Barclay wondered how Einstein included quantum principle into the Theory of General Relativity without adjusting the constant much more, which according to Einstein would lead to twenty-six dimensions instead of ten. (TNG: "The Nth Degree")"

Based on the above, here is what I am OK with.

"At least High 1-C, possibly 1-B"

High 1-C based on the fact that there are apparently ten dimensions which exist, possibly 1-B based on the implication that a change in the cosmological constant could potentially lead to twenty-six dimensions, instead.

I am not OK with extremely high-end 1-B or High 1-B based on a throwaway "limitless dimensions" line on a website which isn't directly based on anything said in the actual show.

Okay, that seems reasonable.

Now, how to scale Nagilum, who very likely transcends Q?

@Azathoth

Okay. Thank you for the evaluation.

@Aeyu

Are you willing to perform the edits according to Azathoth's instructions?

@Ant

Yes, I can provide the edits, but it would be helpful to find out where to scale Nagilum, who exists at a higher level than Q, currently rated at "At least Low 1-C" whereas Q is "High 2-A". Keep in mind that Nagilum (as mentioned on its profile) is a being which lacks spatial dimension and possibly temporal, and has far superior hax to anything Q ever demonstrated.

What do you think Azathoth?

Okay. If you could unlock those two profiles (and potentially the Traveler, though I don't know how he scales) that would be very helpful.

The Traveler is listed as At least 2-C, possibly High 2-A due to his affecting subspace, but he may roughly compare to a Q, albeit at a lower level. He is directly called higher-dimensional.

I will unlock the Q and Nagilum profiles. Tell me here when you are done.

What do you think about the Traveler Azathoth?

Promestei has brought up an excellent point, which is: Should the Q Continuum be a separate page from Q? Since one involves a civilization and the other does not?

Given that we have a lot more civilization profiles now, I think it would be best to move it to its own article now.

I am also fine with two separate pages.

Okay. Promestein has instructed that I should make separate pages for the Continuum and for the Q-Prophet, which I will now do.

Okay. Should I lock Nagilum and the original Q page?

Nagilum, yes, but I'm still separating the original Q page from the Q Continuum and Q-Prophet pages, the latter of which is still needing quite a few categories.

If I could receive help with adding categories to the Q Continuum and Q-Prophet pages, that would be quite helpful. Additionally, I don't know if I should carry over the original Q's ability categories over to the Q-Prophet, who simply says on his AP that he possesses "all the abilities of the Q to a much higher degree". Finally, I worry that the Q Continuum page may be formatted improperly, as I have looked at various profiles and templates, and many have been contradictory with their setup.

It's not that, the profiles were merely separated. The Q-Prophet is, like Vegito, a wholly separate being. That being said, maybe it should be discussed if the version of Q which combined with the Calamarain in the books should be given a profile or not.

prophet Q looks like a stronger version of himself type (like piccolo with nail and kami) while him and the calamarain could be a wholly new being type kinda fusion

I've made the page; could you change the examples in Civilization Type and Kardashev level where the Q are mentioned as being a lower level than what they logically would be, given their dimensionality and higher existence?

I do not know what to write, and am very busy. Sorry.

I understand, I can have someone else take care of it. Well, you can lock the pages of Q (Star Trek), Q Continuum, Nagilum and Q-Prophet if it will help this become less of an issue, and then all there is to do is wait for Azathoth to address the situation regarding The Traveler.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I am not OK with extremely high-end 1-B or High 1-B based on a throwaway "limitless dimensions" line on a website which isn't directly based on anything said in the actual show.

Q: After Farpoint, I returned to where we exist: The Q Continuum.

Riker: Which means exactly what?

Q: The limitless dimensions of the galaxy in which we exist.

Riker: I don't understand.

Q: Of course you don't. And you never will. Until you become one of us.
~ Q and Riker's conversatio​

Now this is much better.

Though with full context, yeah, it's definitely not as usable as the justification for the ratings we have, now. Kinda like those first four or so "infinite dimensions" 40k quotes, way back when.

It sounds more like a more solid 1-B or At least 1-B case to me, if it's usable at all. Anyway, how should the Traveler, who was a higher-dimensional being that the Q were impressed by who had similar control over subspace, scale? I was thinking At least High 2-A, possibly High 1-C to 1-B could work.

What do you think Azathoth?

@Ant

I don't think it's nearly good enough on its own, in context. Especially with Q responding to Riker by basically just brushing it off as "you wouldn't get it", and not exactly clarifying anything.

Could be alright support for "significantly higher-dimensional Q" though.

Okay. So do the Q profiles need to be updated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back