• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible upgrade for OFF

Untitled-7

Considering the fact that the English translation renders "quite powerful special attack" as "special attack of important impact", it seems like this may be a possible content revision.

Thoughts?

I would be hesitant on adding these buffs tbh. I remember there being an issue like this with Getbackers but reverse.

Anyway wot any French-speakers out there? Help us out on translating?

Luckily I know a few people who know French, I will try fowarding important scans to them. See if they have anything interesting to say on the matter.

Depends. If the "universe" in OFF is only what we see in the game (which it probably is considering it's surrounded by nothingness), the Queen and Batter are probably fine where they are.

We can't blindly trust Vivi, that's the problem

They trusted Suggs on Getbackers, look what happened there

HIT IT said:
We can't blindly trust Vivi, that's the problem
They trusted Suggs on Getbackers, look what happened there
Agreed, maybe Vivi has some scans/translations?

So, I finally got around to checking my inbox on NF (sorry, I forgot til now). He had this to say.

" I don't speak French (well, not fluently at least) so I'd have to forward you to Gia, or find the conversation between the Batter and the Queen in a French LP and ask somebody to translate it for you. I would do it right now but not on my PC."

Well, I don't know Gia so I'm gonna look for a french LP and see if I can find some scans there.

Darkanine said:
So, I finally got around to checking my inbox on NF (sorry, I forgot til now). He had this to say.
" I don't speak French (well, not fluently at least) so I'd have to forward you to Gia, or find the conversation between the Batter and the Queen in a French LP and ask somebody to translate it for you. I would do it right now but not on my PC."

Well, I don't know Gia so I'm gonna look for a french LP and see if I can find some scans there.
ArachnoGia? They are an admin on DBF wiki

I'll send them a message. Hope its them because finding a French playthrough of OFF was really damn hard, and when I finally did find one, it was incomplete.

As I said before, message the scans on my wall so I can get them translated. Getting slightly frustrated someone wants a translation but wont do much to get it done.

I totally forgot to message the guy Vivi asked me too, sorry (I was busy in that week). I'll get to it soon.

So uh I watched Afro's video and I haven't seen any universal statement. In fact the queen mostly refer to it as her "kingdom" and "country". Only Judge mentions it's a "world", but it's vague too here.

Aaaaaaaa not linking me the time again?

I just watched what I think is important yet nothing of note really.

If anyoe care, I'm the process of playing the game. I am currently in the end of Zone 2, I'll see if there are any universal statement.

Aaaand nope. I've played through the whole game and unless you can scale the OFF Switch to the Queen, there isn't anything about universal stuff.

In fact, it seems more likely that the Queen just built new Zones over the ashes of the old ones. So she didn't just create an universe out of thin air but rather like several planets.

So in the end no universal OFF.

Just a question, but does traveling outside of real space is any speed feat or otherwise?

Back