• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Striking Strength Uprgrade for Cole MacGrath

I know this one is a bit of a stretch, but hear me out. In his final battle with David, we see Cole punching David, and Davod recoiling in pain. David is at least building level in durability. Now, I'm not sure about this feat because we can see that Cole's hand is covered in lightning. Even though David absorbs bio-electricity, we have seen Cole injure David with electrical attacks before (grenades and lightning storm, gigawatt blades). So, not sure about this, but remember that Cole can punch out Swamp monsters and Ice Men, bit of with can tank numerous grenades and rockets. The David feat is below.
Cole punching David

Duuuude where do you get these scans? And seems legit imo considering Conduits that are new have superhuman strength already. Building level Cole seems legit and it doesn't look like too much electricity. Consider the fact that he uses a giant metal amp to fight against giant mutants.

Thanks for the feedback! Also, yeah, I know Cole uses the Amp when melee fighting in inFAMOUS 2, but remember, during the combo he would do a punch, kick, or a headbutt as a finisher, so that means that his striking strength alone can knockout mutants and superhumans who can tank numerous rockets and explosions. Hell, he could even melee Crushers and Ravagers if he wanted to (I don't recommend it, it's not that effective). I'm getting these scans from a website that lets me read comics online. I could give you the site if you want.

And yeah not recommended, but still effective! Though that's before he got his final upgrade too. Do you think there's a possibility one can scale the beam of light he summoned in the end of infamous 2 btw?

That would be awesome! Yes please! I could help you out in finding feats too, maybe even calc one.

Thanks! Glad to see another inFAMOUS fan. I'm not too good with calcs, but one thing to note about the beam from the end of inFAMOUS 2 is that it went WORLDWIDE. That means that Cole had enough power in him to send an energy wave around the PLANET. Now many say that he was only able to do this because of the RFI, but remember, the RFI was POWERED by Cole. That's why he used all of those Blast Cores. All of that power came FROM Cole. Just a thing to note.

I'm looking at a feat for his lifting strength, though. Might need some help with that. In inFAMOUS 2, if you are at full health and you get caught in the Devourer's tongue attack (that sounds wrong)and you get caught in the Devourer's mouth, instead of getting eaten and dying, you can pry the Devourer's mouth open. That's right, Cole can BENCH PRESS his way out of a kaiju-esque monsters mouth. Now I'm not sure how much pressure the Devour can exert with a bit, so I need someone who can calc that kinda stuff. I can send a pic if you like.

I could say the same! And only getting started but yeah, thinking that could showcase the amount of energy he could summon... That has to be multi continent at least which is considerably big but then again considering he was unleashing a wave of energy all around the world.... He may have had help from the city but come on, that's like Cole + City's worth of power = Multi Continent

I remember that. That thing is the heaviest creature in game too next to the Beast probably. Imagine the strength necessary to beat that... And it can go to war too. But I'm not sure how to calc that honestly since we have no definite idea of hte weight.

Thanks!

Thanks for help on the Devour feat. Besides that, the only other lifting strength feat is that time he lifted steel beams so that Zeke could get across.

Also, I'd argue that Cole is physically stronger than most new Conduits. I mean, the only thing we've seen Delsin do is rip off a chain from a door, slightly hurt Reggie, a normal human, when he grabbed him, and judo-flip guys.

Nothing in the original post appears to be quantifiable. Also, when starting a content revision discussion, stick to the topic.

In addition, a city's worth of electricity is nowhere near multi-continent.

Kinda why we moved it to another thread ^^;

That said it's more like Cole charged the RFI with a city's worth of electricity and then used his own output to create the electricity that covered the surface of the world. Or at least a surge that affected the surface so it might be less than that if it's possible. But I'll move that to the other topic.

I mean, it seems pretty legit to me. There he is, duking it out with a guy who survived a building-leveling bomb, and in the next game he's punching out mutants and superhuman who usually tank numerous explosions before going down. That's definitely somewhere between causal room level to building level.

I do not know what would be appropriate ratings. There is too limited concrete information to go by here. However, multi-continental range is not the same as multi-continental power. It would be helpful with some form of calculations for the feat.

At a casual glance, going by what PTS mentioned, building level seems fine, yes. Multi-Continent level does not seem acceptable, however.

So we're good to go on the striking strength upgrade? Also, did you check out my Cole MacGrath reaction speed upgrade board? I could really use your feedback. Thanks for your support.

Building level striking strength is rated as "Class GJ".

However, which of the following versions would be upgraded?

"Key: Infamous 1 Cole | Infamous 2 Cole | Good Cole after charging the RFI"

I think all of them get the upgrade, no? Cause the feat from the comic takes place directly after the first game, and all the stuff about fighting mutants and superhumans happened in the second game. For that last one, I think you should just leave "at least GJ, potentially higher". Thanks for your support.

I do not know. I am not familiar with the series.

So basically, Kessler is a alternate future version of Cole who went back in time to give past-Cole powers at an earlier time and also to mold him into the perfect weapon to stop the Beast. Kessler had his powers activated naturally, and spent a longer amount of time developing them, which is why he had abilities that Cole had never shown, or had upgraded versions of Cole's powers. That's why he marked as stronger than inFAMOUS 1 Cole, and since they are the same person, most levels for Cole can scale to Kessler, though they would be higher for Kessler, since it is assumed he is stronger, and only lost to Cole because he wanted to die and went easy on Cole.

I have modified his striking strength to Class GJ as well.

Back