• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Roronoa Zoro resistances

After doing a little more research I've come across a few interesting things that could give Zoro some resistances.

1: Resistance to Fire Manipulation seen here.
3774658-5575897702-0126-
3774660-6218519205-0126-
3774661-3454650940-0126-

2: Limited resistance to Lightning Manipulation. Back in Skypeia Zoro was able to take a few attacks from Enel without getting KO'ed. Dropped him definitely but it didn't knock him out.
3959487-7692732677-0275-
3959488-1999804130-0275-

3: Resistance to Gravity Manipulation. Now I'm aware that Zoro being able to fight Fuji is considered an outlier however i do believe this still justifies gravity resistance for Zoro since he was able to launch an attack despite being pinned down.

4: Idk about this one but it's worth noting Zoro can hold his breath underwater for awhile.
3968834-0541257434-One%2
3968835-1343780568-One%2

5: Also i wanna suggest adding "Extremely High tolerance to pain" i don't feel as if i need to explain why at this point.

6: This applies to Asura. Maybe limited power nullification / dispersion? Seen here.
OPCVHnL

1. EDIT: Well, he was damaged, but i guess thats fine, don't know.

2.The fact the attacks didnt KO him doesn't give him resistance on lightning(He was screaming in pain lol). Something like that would give every person that took a lightning attack a resistance.

3. Don't know, i never understood resistance on gravity manipulation to be honest. I mean it looks like something that should depend on ones strength. example where Natsu got pinned down by Blue note during tenroujima arc, but durin avatar arc ones he got stronger he didn't even flinch. I am fine with whatever.

4. Agree that should be added.

5. Fine by me.

6.If he simply disperesed a water attack thats not power null or anything. It's just dispersing water, fire etc something that anyone in a certain sense can do. Tho @Cin would know better for that feat.

Yeah I'm skeptical on resistance to lightning manipulation and power nullification myself but I think the rest looks fine.

1. Fine

2. High Tolerance to Electricity Manipulation..sure? Not resistance tho

3. Neutral. Got think about this.

4. Yeah, fine by me

5. Fine by me.

6. Overtaxed his abilities thus his df turned off and also, same thing with dispersing water.

I think most of these resistance should not be given since it's his durabilty surviving the attacks, otherwise a lot of characters would have a lot of other resistances.

0 resistances here.

Zoro didnt resist anything, he tanked everything in there. Resistance is what luffy has to electrical attacks.

Yeah, this actually reminds me to add pain tolerance to Erza as well lol. I wonder why I didn't remember that before.

4 and 5 are indeed fine.

Kaltias said:
Pain tolerance is more a stamina thing
Is it tho? There are people with great stamina, but doesn't mean they have insanely high pain tolerance and even those with a little lower stamina but great pain tolerance like Kilu from HxH.

"Stamina is an attribute that allows a certain character to remain active, exert itself to prolonged periods of time, and recover from ordeals."

Being able to run for five days is a stamina feat just like being able to walk with your bones broken. It covers both

Well, for Erza it was explained in the stamina part about her pain tolerance and I think it should be done for Zoro as well if it isn't.

PaChi2 said:
0 resistances here.

Zoro didnt resist anything, he tanked everything in there. Resistance is what luffy has to electrical attacks.

I smell downplay. The first showing is literally Zoro being set on fire without any burns.

3: 3 Is him literally him resisting gravity and i don't see how you can say otherwise.

4: Is something worth noting in his profile.

3. It's just strength, he basically was strong enough so that the Gravity wouldn't effect like it would a weak person.

By this logic, Goku and the other Saiyans have resistance to Gravity because they train in increased gravity environments.

Gravity Resistance would be if Fu decreased the gravity and everyone began to float up except for Zoro

Again he was set on fire and wasn't burnt PaChi. At the very least that's limited or possible resistance.

Also, Im positive those flames are much weaker than zoro's durability at the time. He wouldnt get burnt anyway thanks to his dura.

I see no burns on him. I do however see cuts and marks on him from the fight. And here's more resistance feats. IF MY PHONE WOULD LET ME UPLOAD THING'S

Back