• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

possible piccolo upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few things would make me happier than seeing Piccolo (-cough-truebestDBZcharacter-cough-) being superior to Goku, but we need much more solid proof than this.

TheMightyRegulator said:
Universe level+? Despite the God-tiers not surpassing uinverse level? What OP suggesting is ridiculous. This remains an outlier until there's any evidence that Piccolo has gained similar power to Goku
1. OBD uses a different system, they do not account time and try to do everything linearly

2. Goku did not train for 5 years, and he went from 6-C to low 5-B. And that is not strange and out of place?

Well, I haven't had time to watch the last few episodes of DBS yet. Did Goku fight Frost in his SSG or SSG2 forms?

If not, I don't think that we can assume that his regular SS1 form is of Multi-Galaxy level, and scale Piccolo from that, especially considering that Piccolo did not appear to undergo any special training during the 6+ months since Goku's first battle with Beerus, and was only shown to match weakened base Gohan just a few days previously.

If he had trained under Whis for several years, or fused with lots of Namekians to astronomically multiply his power, that would have been different.

However, somebody could probably at least place his current statistics at "Unknown (defeated Frost, who managed to fight SS1 Goku)" or something in that vein.

1. OBD uses a different system, they do not account time and try to do everything linearly.

The OP should have noted that and made the appropriate changes if he was going to powerscale using our system.

2. Goku did not train for 5 years, and he went from 6-C to low 5-B. And that is not strange and out of place?

The power of the Saiyans increase under duress of their emotional state, or recovering from near death. Training is only one way to get stronger to the Saiyans and is also used as a method to allow their bodies to handle the power of their transformations. Also, yes, Goku did train on his way to planet Namek, under gravity.

Piccolo >= Frost Third Form = Base Goku, right?

So ... At least High 4-A to 3-C, and can bypass 3-B durability with Special Beam Cannon.

Piccolo can't only SS now

He should be SS in Buu Saga

Picolo should be 3-C IMO

Remember that piccolo was holding his own against Frost in speed, and in DB if are as fast as someone, youre comparable in power too.

Well, the problem is that unless we can scale Piccolo to SSG Goku or higher, it is hard to place exactly where he would fit on our scale.

I don't know. Do we have any clear indication of how powerful base or SS1 Goku currently is?

can't just make up random tierings every week when something happens..

I'd suggest leaving Piccolo in Super as Unknown for now until we get more solid details

I say wait till next week if Frost does decent against Vegeta then it speaks volumes about were they think Piccolo is compared to the base Saiyans.

remember that Goku Base destroy the combination of the attack by Goku in SSJ Post God Ki and Beerus with a punch.

Frost maintain completely dominates a Base Goku in 2nd form.

and Piccolo survived attacks from Final Form Frost and was even able to neutralize Frost's punches with his hands, an impressive feat considering Third Form Frost is stronger than Goku base who destroyed the combination of the attack by he and Beerus with a punch.

Goku Ssj Post God ki > Goku SSG according to narrator and vegeta

Narrator: "Goku, is now beyond the level of a god. Faces off against the god of destruction,Beerus."

Vegeta: "He surpassed it. Super saiyan god. The level of Gods

Vegeta: "He evolved throughout his battle with beerus.

We have to take into consideration that Goku and Vegeta's base are stronger than SSG from Beerus saga. Was the point of introducing weak character's at this point, if we go with this DBS will be full of NLS inconsistencies. I agree with this upgraded. Piccolo deserves it after all.

The OP should have noted that and made the appropriate changes if he was going to powerscale using our system.

The power of the Saiyans increase under duress of their emotional state, or recovering from near death. Training is only one way to get stronger to the Saiyans and is also used as a method to allow their bodies to handle the power of their transformations. Also, yes, Goku did train on his way to planet Namek, under gravity.

I was talking about Dragon Ball to DBZ, Piccolo himself said Goku barely trained, yet Goku went from Island to Planet Level

FanofRPGs said:
I was talking about Dragon Ball to DBZ, Piccolo himself said Goku barely trained, yet Goku went from Island to Planet Level
Can you link this? I believe Piccolo was still considered to be on par with Goku so that would seem very weird because it implies Piccolo didn't train... Also, I'm pretty sure that Goku could have gotten a zenkai boost from his fight with Piccolo

SomebodyData said:
FanofRPGs said:
Can you link this? I believe Piccolo was still considered to be on par with Goku so that would seem very weird because it implies Piccolo didn't train... Also, I'm pretty sure that Goku could have gotten a zenkai boost from his fight with Piccolo
Seems the line was from Kai

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...4%29+%28Digital%29+%28Lovag-Empire%29+090.jpg

Piccolo implied Goku was lazy between DB and DBZ

He did some fighting with piccolo and got a zenkai, but after that he was mostly just tending his home and raising Gohan. Yet he went from 6-C to 5-B. And this power gap is not considered strange or an outlier.

FanofRPGs said:
Piccolo implied Goku was lazy between DB and DBZ

He did some fighting with piccolo and got a zenkai, but after that he was mostly just tending his home and raising Gohan. Yet he went from 6-C to 5-B. And this power gap is not considered strange or an outlier.
yet he was able to still be considered Piccolo's equal even then. It should also be added that by lazy, Piccolo means he wasn't trying to make any new techniques, just training and being a good father/husband for once.

Also, zenkais are pretty potent, I feel like you should know that just sayian.

I wouldn't find it that out there that maybe they're a bit stronger than the feats in the piccolo jr arc suggested? Just a thought.

I don't want this to be PIS or an outlier, but I think it is. The only thing to really do is wait and see if DBS explains it or if Piccolo does something similar again.

Wait, if Vegeta has some trouble with Frost, and Piccolo almost beat Frost, wouldn't that (through power scaling of course) put Piccolo near their level?

well if we went back a bit in the past, you can see that if piccolo has an opportunity and time to load your makankosappo, can become a threat to the enemy, as well as Genkidama that is just only dangerous when you have time to create it.

Tier: At least 4-A | Possibly 3-B (with time) or simply Unknow

Piccolo is fine where he is right now. Not only he received Zero power up, all he did was meditate for 3 days.

Also, SSJ Goku >>>>>>>>>>>>> Frost, we can't powerscale Frost from SSJ Goku. We have no clue where Base Goku stands atm. Base Goku punched Beerus energy ball after losing SSJ transformation and got KO within a second. So yeah, Base Goku is not 3B, neither is Frost or Piccolo.

This thread should be locked now, the reasoning for upgraded is ludicrous and no critical thinking was invovled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back