• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible new Fallacy

so we allready have an extensive page on fallacies but I feel that a new one has poped up in recent years that we should make mention of. That being arguing for a character based on the apperent iintention the creator had for said character or there role in cannonical material.

A prime example of this is Saitama who has had people argue that he could defeat anyone because his character is a joke where he is meant to be OP and the strongest so he can never not be the strongest.

another semi-recent case is Screwattacks arguement that Superman is potrayed as this stoic font of good and thus could defeat Goku who is often potrayed as an underdog and needing to improve.

and this isn't even limited to super heroes, on youtube there is a video called something along the lines of "how video games get Cthulu wrong" that states that since Cthulu is meant to be a being beyond all human comprehension, the idea that there is someone who can harm him or even kill him should be impossible.

Now, I'm not sure if this is enough proof or if I somehow missed a fallacy that already covered this genre of missunderstanding already, but I feel this type of arguement bares specific mentioning as a fallacy due to its recent popularity and general missunderstanding.

Well IIRC the Cthulhu thing wasn't about VS Debating, just that the whole point of Cthulhu is to create a unkillabled evil and things, so being able to beat him kinda ruins the point.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Well IIRC the Cthulhu thing wasn't about VS Debating, just that the whole point of Cthulhu is to create a unkillabled evil and things, so being able to beat him kinda ruins the point.
Then we should make sure that people don't get the wrong idea and take this then to vs debates

Back