• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible MCU Iron Fist Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
10-A for Iron Fist seems too low, as he was shown to be able to fight Bakuto (Here ), who could cut through a katana (Here at about 3:28), and is a Hand leader, meaning he apparantly has a higher rank than Nobu (Who was able to fight Daredevil and Elektra at the same time) did and should likely be comparable to him. Iron Fist also took a punch to the back of the head from a guard wearing brass knuckles and got right back up fairly quickly (Here at 00:56). It seems like Iron Fist being outmatched by regular people despite being able to beat highly trained Hand ninjas and leaders is likely PIS along the lines of Jessica Jones getting knocked out by a regular person armed with a wooden board despite being able to fight Luke Cage.

In addition, while using the Iron Fist, he does this to a room (skip to 2:15), which could be worth calcing as it seems to be more impressive than the door destroying feat listed on his profile. A speed upgrade may also be in order, as he seemed to dodge a bullet after it was fired in episode 7 (This was the only video I could find of the scene) He was shown to be proficient in using weapons such as swords and nunchucks, so some form of Weapon Mastery could be added to his profile.

So I think Iron Fist's base attack potency and durability should be upgraded to Street level and Weapon Mastery should be added to his profile, while his speed and his attack potency while using the Iron Fist may also be in need of an upgrade, though someone should likely calculate those feats to find out if that's the case.

DUDE i agree completely his rating seems a bit low taking into account what he idto the th steel door and the room he destroyed. i was even considering making a thread like this but you have done it so thanks

for the room feat thor wacking caps sheild in avengers 1 was 0.866 tonnes of tnt and they are bothshockwaves so can someone use that method to calc ironfists room feat or fragmentation of the concrete and glass of the room and other materials just tips for a calc to help. not a calcer but i think ill try myself

Street level seems fine for base. Bullet dodge definitely isn't getting anything above Subsonic, considering Hawkeye's (much closer) bullet dodge was only some 50-100 m/s.

Punching the floor is definitely gonna be Wall level either way. Not sure how to calculate the shockwave sending everyone into the air though.

Doesn't Danny manipulate his chi instead of something like Thor's raw physical strength? I mean you can't really punch the floor and not leave a gaping hole where you're standing, especially when you managed to fling several grown men in the air, unless of course, the entire floor dropped down to a lower floor.

I might remember it wrong though.

I agree with LordXcano. Street level attack potency, and subsonic speed seems reasonable.

I've only seen the 4 first episodes so i decided to play it safe when creating the profile.

That being said Danny has had problems dealing with regular humans, 2 dudes being able to overpower him in the hospital and the guy that burnt the x-ray of his broken hand was able to stagger him with a punch.

If he was street level physically he would have no problem dealing with these situations.(Remember Street level is peak to low superhuman level)

Also worth noting is the fact that he is a master in martial arts, he doesn't need to be strong to defeat his opponents.

Question. Was that one bullet dodging feat he had legit or was it aimdodge?

The scene showed the mook firing the gun and the flash was seen, then scene cut to Danny's head moving sideward. Can't remember much more of the details of the scene though.

Okay. Thanks. Given that it is such a basic calculation, I am not certain if we should wait until another staff member has checked it up before applying it.

Thanks for the quick answer Gwyn. I was hyped that we'd have a legit bullet timing feat from the MCU, sad that it's only superhuman though. Ha! At least it fits with Iron Fist being rushed and low budget, even the feat was disappointing. I still like it though.

@Gwynbleiddd It should be worth noting that the guard who destroyed the x-ray records was wearing brass knuckles when he staggered Danny with that punch, than Danny quickly shattered the brass knuckes with the Iron Fist and the guard only landed about two other blows afterwards that Danny looked far less phased by.

So, does anybody wish to link to the calculation within the page. It is a low level feat, so I do not think that it is controversial.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back