• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Marioverse Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but there was also an explosion afterwards, which should be quantifiable unlike the black hole that destroyedd the universe. The explosion was pretty much a Big Bang, so Bowser would still be Universe level.

I still agree with Saikou, it's a massive outlier especially when he needed an amp to reach galaxy level.

Azathoth decided against placing Culex that high. He cannot be used to scale from.

Really? Well, regardless, At least Bowser's durability should be Universe level as he survived the universe's destruction (and rebirth)

We had long discussions involving Dino Ranger Black regarding the current ratings. I do not think that they should be upgraded further without clearance from him.

Hmmm......you made an interesting point. All things considered, I find it valid for the most part. As most people notice, since it happened more than once and the officially supported, the claim that these are outliers are completely debunked. However, this goes back to my problem, which is that is wouldn't be fair to the other characters who also achieve the same feats but didn't get scaled from it. And considering Kirby just got downgraded again, it means we still have to withdraw from scaling him for now.....

Well, doesn't Mario have a variable tier, due to his sheer inconsistency from game to game? Perhaps we could use LordXcano's calculated low ends as a lower border, and use Dreamy Bowser as a high end?

I would need more staff input to approve this though.

It's not a good idea to scale Mario to any of Bowser's amped forms. This would have to scale back to base Bowser, which would make him as strong as his amped forms, which wold make little sense.

@Ant I believe it's fine the way it is. We already noted about it in page anyway. Like I said, we should wait until another character gets the same treatment.

Well, a variable tier acknowledging the sheer inconsistency of Mario from game to game, might take care of that.

@Ant Actually, it makes things more difficult, considering we already have characters scaled from him already. I believe his page for now. We should wait until futher notice.

But that's only ONE MSS feat from Antasma/Luigi. Why would that be a base for anything?

In the same game, we have a Multi-Universal feat. In another we have a Universal feat. Why would they be outliers?

Because scaling Mario to Dreamy Bowser is literally infinitely above any of his other feats and would have to scale back to base Bowser, which would make him as strong as Dreamy Bowser, which is illogical.

@Dino Ranger Black Okay. Never mind then.

The word, outlier, is horribly misused here into the point it lost it's meaning.

@DarkLordofShadow Nothing is considered an outlier for whatever incorrect information Crop provided. Considering these feats are not only officially stated but happened enough times. Official sources for SMG1 already supported the fact Bowser survive the blast that would erradict the universe and he defeated Dark Bowser, who copied his abilities and DNA. That logically shares his durability. The main reason we haven't given anyone the scaling is due to the issues it might bring with other verse having a similar problem. It would also be an issue of scaling other characters but not for the reasons provided above.

The MSS scale isn't limited to Antasma only. In Paper Jam, Paper Mario can execute a special move called Trio Attack where he turns the enemies he's fighting against into paper and creates a realm for him and the Mario Bros to attack him in. One of these attacks, called Trio Meteor, has him creating a realm with mutiple stars in the background and yes, they aren't made of paper. ShinyRoboBowser can counter this attack with his own variant as long as his armor is intact.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask us.

Why this...:

Paper Mario can execute a special move called Trio Attack where he turns the enemies he's fighting against into paper and creates a realm for him and the Mario Bros to attack him in. One of these attacks, called Trio Meteor, has him creating a realm with mutiple stars [...]
...aren't included on Paper Mario's profile?

Dino Ranger Black said:
The word, outlier, is horribly misused here into the point it lost it's meaning.
@DarkLordofShadow Nothing is considered an outlier for whatever incorrect information Crop provided. Considering these feats are not only officially stated but happened enough times. Official sources for SMG1 already supported the fact Bowser survive the blast that would erradict the universe and he defeated his Dark Bowser, who copied his abilities and DNA, meaning he logically shares his durability. The main reason we haven't given anyone the scaling is due to the issues it might bring with other verse having a similar problem. It would also be an issue of scaling other characters but not for the reasons provided above.

The MSS isn't limited to Antasma only. In Paper Jam, Paper Mario can execute a special move called Trio Attack where he turns the enemies he's fighting against into paper and creates a realm for him and the Mario Bros to attack him in. One of these attacks, called Trio Meteor, has him creating a realm with mutiple stars in the background and yes, they aren't made of paper. ShinyRoboBowser can counter this attack with his own variant as long as his armor is intact.

Then why isn't it on his profile? (Paper Mario).

Also, I was joking previously... You can notice this by the "┬»\_(Òâä)_/┬»". Obviously Mario isn't Wall Buster Level...

@Dino

In the link that you sent it is written that this character is based on Paper Mario series.

Paper Mario is a paper form of Mario, based on his appearances in the Paper Mario series, that came out of a magical book in Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam. Paper Mario is an independent character from Mario and interacts with him, Luigi, and various other characters from both the real world and the Paper world within the book in the game.

I don't see where he suggests it isn't the same as the original series.

@Kevyn

Exactly....his appearance AKA his design is based of the PM series and the character is entirely independent. That means this character is completely unique to the story. He's simply Mario but made of paper and not the one in the PM series. Hence:

Paper Mario is a paper form of Mario, based on his appearance in the Paper Mario series.

Along with the fact his official debut is Paper Jam, not Paper Mario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back