• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Dragonball upgrades

Piccolo lifting the pyramid while training for Nappa and Vegeta shows him training in an obvious analogue of Egypt. The smallest of the three pyramids of Giza has a volume of 235,183 cubic meters and the largest has a volume of 2,583,283 cubic meters. Limestone has a density of 2,711 kg/m^3. This puts Piccolo's TK lifting strength between 6.38E+8 kg to 7.00E+9 kg. This is a Class M feat.

So, why again do we not scale adult Goku to kid Goku? We scale telekinesis to lifting strength for Dragon Ball since Toei Goku is rated at Class G via scaling to Piccolo, and Perfect Cell lifted a huge chunk or rock rather effortlessly.

ChemistKyle89 said:
Piccolo lifting the pyramid while training for Nappa and Vegeta shows him training in an obvious analogue of Egypt. The smallest of the three pyramids of Giza has a volume of 235,183 cubic meters and the largest has a volume of 2,583,283 cubic meters. Limestone has a density of 2,711 kg/m^3. This puts Piccolo's TK lifting strength between 6.38E+8 kg to 7.00E+9 kg. This is a Class M feat.
This has already been calced and applied to the profile for toeiverse characters. This feat was only in the anime and can't be used for the manga or super.

Piccolo doesn't have a toeiverse tab. And that's not considering the fact that he has enough energy left after picking it up to make it explode (don't have a calc on the explosion). There's also an earquake associated with that, but I'm not sure if that was simply from lifting the pyramid out of place or because of Piccolo. Vegeta doesn't have a toeiverse tab either...actually most of the characters don't. Perhaps part of the problem here is the fact that most of the characters don't have the appropriate amount of tabs (why is Goku so special?).

Yes, but there exists no Toei Piccolo tab. If i'm looking for information about the anime characters, I'd prefer to be able to go to that anime character's tab.

I also thought the Toei tab was specifically for the movieverse since Broly has a Toei tab and the movieverse canon differs from the actual anime.

Because lifting strength in fiction is very rarely tied to power or AP. Unless they have feats rated at that level, you can't backscale energy to it.

This is correct, yes. Thank you for helping out.

This conversation is going nowhere, so I'll just say what my suggested revisions are and it can be decided whether there acceptable or not. My suggested revision for lifting strength for Goku is Class 50 w/o Ki(the calcs from the gravity formula and Goku's 40 ton feat) At least class M with Ki (calc from the video as well as the gravity calcs with the multiplier from super saiyan, which is >40×). As for the AP upgrades, I believe either anyone who is High 4-C (18, Ribrianne, Zoiray, Cocotte, Etc.) Should at leat be upgraded to Large Star+ If not 4-B, for 18 threatening to kill the supreme Kai as well as being a Threat to Tupper. Also they could scale to the Trio de Dangers, who can keep up with Buu.

Well, I personally prefer unknown lifting strength for the Dragon Ball characters, as we haven't been shown any massive lifting strength feats for them along the way while they have powered up immensely.

I've been thinking on doing a revision to DB LS. Having little feats isn't a good argument to rate them at unknown while we have enough to give them a proper rating.

I think "At least Class 50. At least Class M with Ki" should be a fine middle ground for now. Wwll as long as the Class M atuff has been calced and accepted.

Didn't they also tear pieces of the strongest metal in the multiverse via lifting strength during the Universe Survival story? Class 50 or Class M seem like far too low estimates to me.

That's why I think we need a big revision. One of the first DBS episodes showed Goku Lifting several weights that were really big, in a planet with 10x normal gravity. That and the feat where Goku and Vegeta used those clothes that sink in the floor by sheer weight.

Yes, but they have powered up with an unquantifiable amount since then. Unknown lifting strength avoids underselling them.

To be fair, the same argument would apply to a lot of stats. Other verses don't upscale LS a lot and even speed in some cases, yet we're not denying ratings to them.

If the purpose here is to rate them based on accuracy, we have to go by feats. Underselling a stat isn't an excuse as we have hundreds of profiles based on feats from people who don't show their true power or are featless and just scaling to weaker characters.

Okay then. You will have to give them "At least... , likely far higher" ratings though.

Okay.

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help later on.

Honestly, the 50-tons and 1000-tons anti-feats are massive outliers compared to all of the scaling presented in canon. I personally agree with the idea of providing lifting strength calculations whilst treating those instances as nothing more than outliers.

I mean, Goku lifting about 200-tons on (likely) 10x gravity in his base form, during the seven year timeskip, already makes SS2 Vegeta (Post-RoF) being incapable of lifting 1000-tons absolutely ridiculous.

Overall, I agree with scaling from calculations.

The Calaca said:
I've been thinking on doing a revision to DB LS. Having little feats isn't a good argument to rate them at unknown while we have enough to give them a proper rating.
The main issue was the little feats were either unquantifiable or wildly inconsistent. I mean, when even the media or writer doesn't know how much it is, then the best we can do is unknown.

Antvasima said:
Okay then. You will have to give them "At least... , likely far higher" ratings though.
I think this makes the most sense as well, what about the upgrades for AP?

CryoTheMayo said:
Honestly, the 50-tons and 1000-tons anti-feats are massive outliers compared to all of the scaling presented in canon. I personally agree with the idea of providing lifting strength calculations whilst treating those instances as nothing more than outliers.
I mean, Goku lifting about 200-tons on (likely) 10x gravity in his base form, during the seven year timeskip, already makes SS2 Vegeta (Post-RoF) being incapable of lifting 1000-tons absolutely ridiculous.

Overall, I agree with scaling from calculations.
On top of that being able to move in the Gravity Chamber should be a feat of strength too

So, has anything been agreed upon? Cause I don't know, my suggestion would be at least class M w/ Ki, Likely far higher

What are the conclusions here?

Back