• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Devil May Cry revisions

That why i am asking , at least the Immortality part is legit since they said several times demons are ageless anyone who played DMC know this info so they all get type 1 "bar half demons" Argosaxs maybe type 3 but i am not sure

LOL! Hold on is that the guy who says Dante is multi universal? Ah that's rich :)

More along the lines of Gordon Freeman.

Mundus should also have type 3 as well because of his high mid Regenerationn and resistance to time stop

Dante should also have his soul manipulation hellfire manipulation resistance to mind control and illusions and transmutation as well as hurt intangible entities and invulnerablilty

Gargoyle 1 said:
LOL! Hold on is that the guy who says Dante is multi universal? Ah that's rich :)
More along the lines of Gordon Freeman.
Actually says that Dante is Multiversal and that SMT Dante isn't much more impressive than Mainline Donte.

Gordon seems smart enough.

Argosax shouldn't have type 3 as he doesn't have Regenerationn I think sparda should have type 3 because he should also have a healing factor

ZERO7772 said:
Okay all full demons are type 1 , mundus and Argosaxs are type 3 that seems right
I see that you added immortality type 1 to Sparda, so tell me how did he died?.

We don't know how he died we do know that he protected the human world for two thousand years unti he met Eva had Dante and Vergil then died

Dark649 said:
ZERO7772 said:
Okay all full demons are type 1 , mundus and Argosaxs are type 3 that seems right
I see that you added immortality type 1 to Sparda, so tell me how did he died?.
We don't know exactly how he died "it's heavily implied he was killed " all demons are know to be ageless in the verse anyway

Sorry for the bad edit xD

Gargoyle 1 said:
Who the hell killed Sparda?! Mundus and Argo were sealed. And I see zero implications.
I really don't remember where but it said after the the war he sealed the hell gate thus losing most of his power , my memories are really fuzzy I don't remember in detail , actually now i think about it was he stated official dead ? I may very well be wrong

demons are ageless he shoudn't die from age

btw shoudn't the savior be upgraded for fighting dante ? he had trouble dealing with him even after he freed nero , he was panting , jumping around and if he really could put him down so easily he wouldn't need to relay on nero so screw him from the inside

If he did fight the Savior seriously Nero would die.

Define panting, because if I'm panting while flying a roller coaster it just means Im having fun.

the problem is that Dante knew Nero was inside the Savior so he had to hold back so he doesn't outright destroy it otherwise everyone goes bye bye inside and was pretty much waiting for Kyrie and Nero to get out so he let him finished the job i suspect

Again my point doesn't stand on whatever Dante was going 100% or not because he obviously wasn't , anyone can tell he was holding back to not kill nero and kyrie insde BUT if dante was legs and bonus above the savior he won't have troubles taking him down and won't have to relay on nero from the inside

So pretty much Dante tried to beat him without killing him but it didn't work , it wasn't stated anywhere in the savior battle dante wanted to give nero another chance , he gave him one first and screwed up

dante is High 6-A and the savior is 7-A like really he could sever his limbs if that was the case but he's attacks barely had any effect unless he was attacking the weak points

short dante can't lolstomp the savior in base

hmm you make good points however i'm slightly skeptical on the savior to scale with Dante (may need to replay dmc 4 >_>)

Well actually he did break off one of its horns which was a similar width to its arm. I know it's not exactly the same thing but still.

Doesn't change anything the point stand still dante had a lot of troubles dealing with him witout going for kill 100% if he was tiers above the savior it won't been the case

remind you dante had yamato in the first round against the savior but even that wasn't enough to bring him down

You can't be a higher Tier then your opponent simply by stomping them.

Abigail's feat is calced at 7.21288596e26 Joules. High 6-A goes all the way to 1.24e29, so 171.914544 times higher than his feat.

For Dante to stomp Abigail all he'd have to be is around twice as strong, or a bit higher. The difference in strength between the energy you release every second just by existing and the most energetic punch ever thrown by a human is x10 times. People grossly overestimate stomp feats.

Sparda 20000000 said:
Should we also discuss speed for the god tier characters
I think Dante's sub-relativistic speed should be revised, not only did Dante never dodge the projectile (which got the speed rating to begin with.) It was only one result out of many, about three or two if memory serves me right. You can check the calculation for yourself on Dante's page.

Sparda 20000000 said:
I feel like Dante in his devil trigger form should be moon level because he one took out Abigail with it
You can't be in a different tier simply by stomping someone

Btw what about the savior ? should we scale him to base dante ?

yeah i think we should look more into the characters speed

btw about Sparda losing his power I saw info on the wiki :

In order to close the gateway, Sparda used his own blood, along with the blood of a human priestess, in conjunction with his sword and a mystical amulet. He poured his demonic energy into his beloved sword to close the door between realms, the Temen-ni-gru, though this also robbed him of the lion's share of his abilities.

Ok, I'm ba-

"13 Notifications"

Well. Uhhh. Anyway.

Nero can't scale to Dante at all, sorry. No one in DMC4 really can, with the possible exception of the fully powered Savior. Besides, stomping someone you scale to almost never results in being a tier higher than the guy you stomp. I'm actually putting together some revisions for the lower tiered characters since most of them seem to be scaled to DMC3 Dante who scaled to someone not even in DMC3. Just hold on a while, guys.

While we're here, could all us DMC fans be more patient with revisions, please? I love the series as much as you guys do, and I think some profiles need work, but let us not be a bother to anyone over it. I mean, this is a big, big wiki, and the staff (who are pretty much always the most learned folks here) are always busy with revisions, dealing with troublemakers, answering silly questions, you get the picture. There's no rush to get this and that revision. Let's all just take our time, give others a break in betwen revision threads, and not be worried about this or that being on a page on a wiki about fictional characters fighting each other.

On another note, I'm going to have a little revision relating to abilities soon. There's nothing major; nothing relating to stats, just abilities, mostly common knowledge. Don't sweat about the stats or the top tiers or anything like that for now.

Back