• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Dark Souls upgrade?

So was doing some research (Being a nerd) and i found this and i think nobody really talked about it.

UCScreenshot20180516232927

This item description seems to imply the first flame created time itself and this does make a lot of sense since when the fire weakens time and space distorts and eventually it breaks down completely, like it was said and demonstrated several times in the series and there is a infinite amount of timelines in dark souls since you can get into other player's worlds.

UCScreenshot20180516233530

Not so sure, considering the generally screwy nature of time in souls to begin with. This doesn't seem like it would be a low 2C feat or anything, at best I can maybe see time manip.

@Wokistan

It seems to imply that the first flame created time though and by just using logic the first flame created a bunch of separate timelines since every player has their own timeline and the time distortions like is stated in that item description lets you go into other worlds.

Yeah, but "every player" is not infinite is it?

Millions to billions if its one for each player, but that's meta-scaling anyway.

Also, every player's world has its own First Flame, so it would be low 2-C at best anyway.

@Monarch Laciel

Each new character you make has a diferent timeline and even if it's not a infinite amount it's still a lot of characters with their own worlds.

So you get the idea of what i said with 'infinite' worlds there isn't a limit to it.

@Monarch Laciel

So if that gets accepted the verse goes from 4-C to low 2-C which is still a huge ass upgrade.

It still wouldn't be infinite timelines, i.e. 2-A, even if the first flame created every timeline.

Which is disproved by there being a different first flame in every timeline

And that's assuming the first flame actually created time anyway. Which may or may not be true.

Edit: If the upgrade goes through. See the above sentence.

In DLC of DS3, ringed city or something, it is stated that the time is ending and the DS has took over, the reason why Gael is finding the DS to paint a separate dimension to the normal dimension, like printed world of Ariamis. I'm not sure when I heard that one, but I agree that DS multiverse is 2-B, not 2-A.

The multiverse might not even be 2-B

You'd need a in-game statement of how many worlds/timelines there are, you can't say "oh well there are a million dark souls players in the world so there's a million timelines"

That's not how many people died, that how many deaths there were.

When I play offline, mine says 129,000, that doesn't mean there are 129,000 worlds.

In any case, that is a bit of meta-multiplayer stuff, not saying how many worlds there are. It doesn't even say "in other worlds" it says "worldwide" so it could easily be interpreted to just mean how many people have died in the history of that timeline.

Description of the Stone uused in summon like White Sign Soapstone, stated that you can summon another person from another world. Also some time fuckery in Lordran. I dunno I just wanted to say it.

Edit: NVM, changed my mind. More like distorting time of just one Universe rather than anything else.

"Possible Dark Souls Upgrade"

This would literally trigger Unholy

BTW, a bit of downgrade but I suggest replace type 1 to longevity for DS. In ringed city, even lords and Pygmys were died probably because of old age.

I remember when I argued for something like this, it's not completely dumb, but I now realize after looking on a page with the stats that it looks pretty stupid. I mean it has a little merit but not as much as I originally thought. (It pretty much falls in the same boat as bloodborne they say the Great Ones are higher dimensional but don't show it)

There are evidences that Great Ones are Higher-Dimensional entities. Many of them in fact, they just don't act like one. By the way, this will not upgrade any of the characters, just adding limited Time Manipulation for distorting time for summoning. An upgrade using this is like upgrading High 2-A Sailor Moon or Sonic because they harness the power.

In Dark Souls 2, Light is stated to be time its self.

http://darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Repair_%28Dark_Souls_III%29

The First Flam created Light, Dark, Heat, Cold etc.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ylFzJ3wRgHw

According to Solaire and Soap Stones in generalx there are multiple worlds, each with different time flows.

http://darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Orange_Guidance_Soapstone

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/solaire-of-astora

As such, i believe they should be upgraded to Low Multiveral, Potentially Multiversal.

That's seriously ********, youre saying everlasting dragons have infinite speed because they existed before the flame.

I gave proof that implies heavily that the first flame created time. So in order for you to debunk anything you'll have to prove that the first flame and time are completely unrelated and when the flame weakens time and space distorting and eventually starts breaking down like it did in the end of DS3 is just a concidence.

That is when you do that you can say something is ******** or not.

Akira1298 said:
I gave proof that implies heavily that the first flame created time. So in order for you to debunk anything you'll have to prove that the first flame and time are completely unrelated and when the flame weakens time and space distorting and eventually starts breaking down like it did in the end of DS3 is just a concidence.

That is when you do that you can say something is ******** or not.
There is nothing except a single statement that says light is time, which you can not use if the game doesn't support this statement with feats.

For example, sunlight spear is explicitly stated to be light, yet it is not light because it has no properties of light whatsoever.

So Id really like to see scans of feats that are supported by the statement.

Did you ever play the games?

Everytime the flame is fading time starts to **** itself up and eventually breaks down like we see in the end of DS3 until it regnites and spawns a new age of fire. If time wasn't linked to the first flame why time distorts and eventually breaks down everytime the age of fire is ending?

╬á¤ü╬┐╬┐¤Ç¤ä╬╣╬║╬« ╬á╬▒¤ü╬▒¤Ç╬┐╬╣╬À¤ä╬«¤é said:
http://darksouls.wikia.com/wiki/Repair_%28Dark_Souls_III%29

"Lost sorcery from Oolacile, land of ancient golden sorceries. Repairs equipped weapons and armor. Includes weapons with exhausted durability. While the effects of this spell are rather subtle, its foundations are a well-guarded secret. Light is time, and the reversal of its effects is a forbidden art."

"Light is time"

It was dierectly stated.
It was also stated that sunlight spear is light when it's not.

How does that apply to any upgrade? This was meant in a way of light magic reversing time on broken weapons lmao.

Dark Soul is capable of creating new Space-Time continuum so first flame creating time isn't far fetched. Many people considered the end of ringed city as "end of time", when everybody even lords and Pygmys died except for the few. There are evidences supports this as well, like everybody that made it to the end of time remembering you even Gael. If it is separate dimension you ended up to then it kinda cements that DS has a multiverse. The whole plot in ringed city is that you ****** the world by releasing the dark soul, everybody hates you now, the flame is ending, and Gael searching for Dark Soul you released to create a painting like painted world of Ariamis, except that it doesn't rot like any other painted worlds and not connected to the main dimension, escaping to the world in order to escape the Dark Age of man. AoA being gray makes sense because gray is associated in fiction for a lack or stopped time.

Reinhardthrowhisspear said:
Dark Soul is capable of creating new Space-Time continuum so first flame creating time isn't far fetched. Many people considered the end of ringed city as "end of time", when everybody even lords and Pygmys died except for the few. There are evidences supports this as well, like everybody that made it to the end of time remembering you even Gael. If it is separate dimension you ended up to then it kinda cements that DS has a multiverse. The whole plot in ringed city is that you ****** the world by releasing the dark soul, everybody hates you now, the flame is ending, and Gael searching for Dark Soul you released to create a painting like painted world of Ariamis, except that it doesn't rot like any other painted worlds and not connected to the main dimension, escaping to the world in order to escape the Dark Age of man. AoA being gray makes sense because gray is associated in fiction for a lack or stopped time.
Don't even bother trying to explain to this Guy. He's in denial or something lol.

Back