• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Corvo Additions

A friend of mine asked me to post this here.

"New Game + (or New Game Plus) is a game mode for Dishonored 2 introduced in Game Update 1. This mode imports all runes spent on supernatural abilities, traits of crafted bone charms and upgrades from a finished playthrough to a new one, while also giving the possibility for Corvo Attano and Emily Kaldwin to access each other's powers."

http://dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/New_Game_%2B

This means Corvo Attano can get similar Powers to that of his daughter, Emily Kauldwin.

Her powers include Domino, Far Reach, and Shadow Walk.

http://dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/Domino

http://dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/Far_Reach

http://dishonored.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Walk

This would be a significant hax boost. Or should this only apply to composite?

Iirc, canonically, Corvo is the one who gets petrified by Delilah, so he never goes on the mission to defeat her, and never gains any new powers in Dishonored 2. Plus, I'm pretty sure NG+ modes are almost always purely game mechanics.

Technically both are "canon" as Dishonored 2 made differing actions and events all canon by having them be in different timelines

Most of Death of the Outsider, the Wyrmwood Deciet comic, the Corroded Man book, and i believe it was refererenced in both games as the Outsider wondering how different actions could lead to different outcomes

A god figure wondering about cause/effect doesn't equate to the existence of various timelines. As for the other sources, I don't recall anything from Wyrmwood Deceit confirming multiple timelines, and as for the others, you'll have to be specific, since I have neither DoTO or Corroded Man.

No, he doesnt just wonder about cause and effect, he has foeat of physically manipulating timelines and gives Billie Lurk the ability to go to alternate timelines

Wyrmwood Deciet has the first appearance of Billie from an alternate timeline

DotO has the Outsider directly manipulating alternate timelines and giving Billie the ability to shift between alternate timelines, and Corroded Man has the main antagonist using he Outsider's power to travel to an alternate timeline so he could become a hero instead of going to prison

WeeklyBattles said:
No, he doesnt just wonder about cause and effect, he has feat of physically manipulating timelines and gives Billie Lurk the ability to go to alternate timelines

Wyrmwood Deciet has the first appearance of Billie from an alternate timeline.

DotO has the Outsider directly manipulating alternate timelines and giving Billie the ability to shift between alternate timelines, and Corroded Man has the main antagonist using he Outsider's power to travel to an alternate timeline so he could become a hero instead of going to prison
Ah, I see. But as NG+ is game mechanics, I fail to see how that validates the changes.

Agreeing with Sheev here, however this might work for composite versions. While the lore supports multiple timelines, there is nothing that supports Emily having Corvo's powers or vice versa past NG+, which is a game mechanic not grounded in the lore at all.

Although, if you guys want to stretch really far, the E3 trailed did showcase Emily using Timestop, so idk if that counts as evidence for NG+ being counted in the lore.

coukdn't NG+ be treated as a timeline where they teach each other their respective skill set :thinking: I get each marked individual has their own but if the powers come from the same source what exactly inhibits them from learning more? Was that ever discussed or addressed?

I mean, the issue isn't the logic behind them being able to acquire the powers, it's mainly that it can only be done so through a game mechanic that is largely detached from the story/lore.

For example, we wouldn't consider an Early Game Ashen One to be star level because NG+ allows them to carry over weapons and spells.

That said, I think it could work for composites, although I doubt that would warrant an entire key or profile.

If I'm not mistaken, Domino only works for Humans and Canids, at least in Emily's use of it.

You're not wrong. But I always took that as game mechanics since I don't think there's any reason you couldn't do it with a rat.

Although if for whatever reason it is actually that limited then R.I.P

Back