• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Block Story speed upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmbalmerMaster9000

VS Battles
Retired
I am not too much of a fan of the game, but I decided that I should suggest possible speed upgrades for the verse based on some experience. I might be lacking some detail due to not playing it for too long (Given how slow the progression is at the start).

There is a boss named Ashkore in the game that attacks by breathing lightning out of its mouth - which the player can avoid.

Now, I specifically believe that this is actual lightning for this reason in specific:

The angelic swords (Also shown in use during the video) seems to be summoning thunder from above the opponent every time the player strikes an enemy with it . This leaves me to believe that it is summoning cloud-to-ground lightning.

The angelic swords are crafted with electrite - which is a material dropped by Ashkore. Assuming Ashkore gains his electrical powers from said material, it should not be way too outlandish to assume this is actual lightning, given that swords crafted with electrite can summon CTG lightning at will.

To add onto this, electrite can be used to craft the generator block (Ctrl + F, then type "electrite") - which could possibly imply that it produces electricity to power machines, given that the generator is used to craft the elevator.

As stated before, the player can avoid Ashkore's various attacks, so - using 440,000 m/s (Mach 1,294) for the lightning's speed - the Dragon Rider's speed should be upgraded to Massively Hypersonic+ along with any character comparable to the Dragon Rider's speed.

TL;dr. RWBY has some brutal competition.

Avoiding lightning is usually only Massively Hypersonic, due to the distance from the discharges.

Antvasima said:
Avoiding lightning is usually only Massively Hypersonic, due to the distance from the discharges.
Looking back at the video, I can agree that Massively Hypersonic should be used instead of Massivelt Hypersonic+.

Dragon Rider can not only dodge, but also block a lightning attack with Saw Shield.

Well, I suppose that Massively Hypersonic should probably be fine then.

Ogurtsow said:
Dragon Rider can not only dodge, but also block a lightning attack with Saw Shield.
From what I remember, since he can do it at point blank range, it would mean that he would have MHS+ reactions/combat speed alongside MHS movement/flight speed.

He would have to be able to dodge at less than roughly 1.2 meters distance to qualify for MHS+.

I cannot make sense of your screencaptures. Sorry.

Antvasima said:
I cannot make sense of your screencaptures. Sorry.
Apologies for that.

To put it into simpler sense, BS uses varying animations for attacks that generally have the same effect. From what I know, I think it was the breathing (Referring to the electrical attack, given how it lowers its neck or something).

In this case, the range would have likely been quite less than 1.2 meters (Judging by the second image below the first one - which was the closest I could get to the enemy).

Is it possible to dodge the lightning at that distance?

Antvasima said:
Is it possible to dodge the lightning at that distance?
If you're referring to the player moving at a faster velocity than said lightning (E.G, moving backwards faster than lightning can catch up with the player), then possibly yes if my knowledge serves me right, but I won't treat this as a fact as - unfortunately, I do not know how to record it in game, so any help with this would be wonderful.

I finally realized just now that having a singular short movement would be reaction speeds as compared to combat speeds, which is why I said "combat speeds" prior to this post. It should only be 'reaction speeds', given that the player would've only required a singular movement to block the lightning from reaching them in said period of time.

Basically, I'm changing it from MHS+ combat speeds and reactions to MHS+ reactions, I thought that combat speeds would mean that you could perform movements while being able to react to it rather than reactions referring to perform singular movements at first. Apologies for the confusion there.

Well, combat speed means being able to fight other characters with comparable reactions.

Anyway, perhaps it would be better with "At least MHS" instead, to stay on the safe side?

Antvasima said:
Well, combat speed means being able to fight other characters with comparable reactions.

Anyway, perhaps it would be better with "At least MHS" instead, to stay on the safe side?
That actually works, so I am fine with "At least Massively Hypersonic"

Okay. Feel free to adjust the profile pages accordingly then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back