• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possibility for a Mario-Kun page

Marionaruto1 said:
@TheHadouCyberspaceWitch if you can post the images or explain the way he transcends the author's avatar for some clarification. it could just be more forth wall breaks that happen very often.
It is that one. Bowser defeats the author and then starts rewriting the manga and the author says something along the lines of "that won't work, because Mario always wins". Nonetheless, I can show you pictures from an earlier volume that shows he was a transcendent author avatar.

There are more pictures as well.

https://orig12.deviantart.net/4d59/f/2017/255/1/7/wariobeatsupmangaka_by_doctormoodb-dbn68vy.jpg ^ Wario beating up the Manga-Ka/Manga artist who made the manga after finding out that the manga had been cancelled at volume 4 and thus he won't be able to fight the shake king/conclude the arc properly. So, the Author is indeed a being that views a multiverse as fiction, and the characters can also match him in power/hurt him.

But not just that. Mario often talks to the Manga artist/Mangaka of "Super Mario-Kun" - When the manga artist was failing to draw new material, both Mario and Luigi popped into the real world to check on him -- Turns out he was too busy playing a Wii U to draw the manga - Mario can also travel through the manga panels themselves to get away from his foes https://orig00.deviantart.net/a1eb/f/2017/262/a/0/creatorlazy_by_doctormoodb-dbny25g.jpg https://orig00.deviantart.net/6691/f/2017/262/5/9/chasedthroughfalsewall_by_doctormoodb-dbny51i.jpg

So, the characters can also appearently manifest in the Real World, which means that they aren't restricted to the manga only. Another 5D feat.

To further prove my point, Yoshi once stole a Wii U from the Mangaka and used the Wii U to manipulate the plot and add many details to the story! https://orig00.deviantart.net/cd6b/f/2017/262/d/7/yoshiwiiu_by_doctormoodb-dbny270.jpg

Finally, in the Kodansha Mario Manga (which is connected to Mario-Kun) Peach and Daisy once manifested in the Real World and hurted the Mangaka as they were angry because the Mangaka didn't put in the story who was going to "steal Mario's heart" and marry him.

That's pretty irrelevant considering that a few volumes later Peach married Mario after a kart race.

maybe the page will be re-done by someone else (apparently) who seems to have a better idea on how the page should look.

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
High 2-A Homer simpson confirmed, for killing matt groening in a video game who views professor farnsworth as fiction.
1) Is the Video game even canon?

2) Well, i'd like to know why Mario-Kun isn't High 2-A for feats showed above. I mean, the argument "via that logic Homer should be 5D" doesn't really debunk the feats being 5D.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
Tori-Bot doesn't have a consistent involvement in the story, nor does he demonstrate transcendence to this degree on any occasion.
^This.

I mean, Mario-Kun has consistent High 2-A feats, and his body isn't restricted to his multiverse only, but he acknowledges the existence of an higher order being (4th Wall Awareness) and can manifest in said place of existence, where the multiverse is viewed as nothing more than fiction. And yes, the Manga is 2-C/2-B in size. The arc about Super Mario 64 has many different timelines as Bowser had to reset the game many times in order to finally create a timeline where he could win (he did that with the N64. He was also trying to delete Mario from existence). And in the final timeline, Bowser had the chance to prepare himself and use all his minions against Mario, though Mario beated him at the end.

Then, there are the many different worlds from the Super Paper Mario arc. Then there are other separate worlds like Subcon and etc.

Basically, Mario knows that his limits aren't the boundaries of the Manga, he can surpass said boundaries and manifest in the Real World.

He can also harm and even beat the Manga

What about making two keys then? One about "Mario-Kun in the manga" or "Mario-Kun's manifestation in the manga" and the other "Mario-Kun's true power" or "At peak power" or "Mario-Kun's true manifestation".

Of course, not everyone scale to Mario's true power (who doesn't simply scale to Mario in the manga, who has 7-B feats like the Mini Sun feat), however, Peach, Daisy, Bowser, Yoshi, Luigi and Wario do, since they all manifested in the plane of the Mangaka and each of them can harm or even beat the Mangaka.

>High 2-A Mario

I had a feeling this was coming sadly if anyone from that Character Stats and Profile Wiki would find this page considering everyone who is a self-proclaimed Mario expert from there seems to think that Mario for whatever reason is High 2-A even though the reasoning is completely nonsensical and about as logical as having Universal DiC Sonic.

Real World feats should be taken with a grain of salt. Mr. Mxyzptlk, for example, can enter the Real World and affect it by even talking to the writers, but you don't see Mxy getting a special tier because, by the logic we're using right now, he should be above the Writer for the fact The Real World > DC Comics' as a fictional story. Tier -1 Mxy confirmed OvO. There is a similar case for Archie Sonic where he interacts with the Real World where he is considered mere fiction to humans, but it doesn't affect his tier as well. Or is Mickey Mouse at a new special tier for entering the Human World like Mario? Real Worlds in fiction obviously view copyrighted material stories as mere fiction. All Mario is doing here is getting some of the best 4th Wall Breaking that a character can get in fiction this doesn't justify him being High 2-A. Not remotely when his best feats involve him doing something 4 infinities below what you are suggesting him at.

The feats you are showing don't put them at a quantifiable tier since they are quite literally the definition of 4th Wall Breaking and nothing beyond it with you both even giving the context that it is. Even if 4th Wall Breaking of this level isn't all that common in fiction, a variety of characters including the ones mentioned above along with Bugs Bunny, Popeye, etc. have all done the exact same thing. We can't give Mario special treatment if we treat feats like the ones above as just really good 4th Wall Breaking with the exact same realistic implications you are just mentioning here. The only thing you have given us is the degree of his broken Toon Force, 4th Wall Breaking, and some Plot Manipulation. Also, even if there were 4D feats, that wouldn't justify them being at 5D.

Also, regarding the sun feat. It burnt down a forest which is usually treated as a Town level feat. That is why Slenderma, for example, has a 7-C key on his profile, not a 7-B feat. In general, having the idea of "Mario's True Power" sounds like a bad idea like an "Unrestricted Pucca" because there are inconsistent feats but are somehow justified with ideas like these by fans. It doesn't work when you scale characters to one of Mario's lower feats but say his "true power" (which is something that is never even confirmed as a canon thing) is 4 infinities greater for no rhyme or reason. Also, we really don't need two keys like that, to begin with. There is a reason Saitama doesn't have a "Restricted" and "Unrestricted" key to his profile anymore.

I think our current keys for the page are fine right now as well. Diving into a High 2-A Mario is going to derail the thread past what we're focusing on which is making the pages. Even if you don't disagree with the current reason, would you rather not like to have a page then make a content revision for Mario ratings later? It makes this easier considering we don't need to debate this out until one of you does a Content Revision Thread when the page is made. You would effectively negate the purpose of this thread and cause an unwanted debate for the moment considering we're still just trying to get even keys and stuff organized. Jumping 4 infinities from where we are rating them right now is a mess.

That's not even the argument being made, I only see mainly strawmans in that large wall of texts. I'm not particularly invested enough in this to make a refutation, though.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
That's not even the argument being made, I only see mainly strawmans in that large wall of texts. I'm not particularly invested enough in this to make a refutation, though.
>Strawman

>"It is that one. Bowser defeats the author and then starts rewriting the manga and the author says something along the lines of "that won't work, because Mario always wins". Nonetheless, I can show you pictures from an earlier volume that shows he was a transcendent author avatar."

>Talks EXACTLY about how 4th Wall Breaking of this caliber works and explained in a general synopsis why your foundation logic doesn't work Okay.

>Your entire point relies on Reality - Fiction Interaction for justifying a tier

>Ignores the incredible amounts of CLEAR implications of 4th Wall Breaking and Plot Manipulation

Neat that you don't care. It means we don't need anything ridiculous like High 2-A Mario intruding into this thread. If you don't want to refute, you don't even need to make a comment considering you gave no reasoning to why it was a Strawman and didn't care just because I went into great detail to debunk you and your friend whom together typed more than double than what I did. Please do go on though on how that argument is wrong when that's the exact thing your scans show yet you express the contrary because it doesn't align with your views.

Oh, true. Well, i didn't know VSBW had a Reality - Fiction interaction page.

Well, sorry. I do think you make sense. The feat is High 2-A indeed, it's just that, as you said, Real Worlds in fiction obviously view copyrighted material stories as mere fiction.

alright, so does anyone have an idea on how we're making the page. oh, and someone probably should let Dark649 know the reasons for the stats since I don't know if he's read this journal and so that he doesn't just delete the page again. so if someone feels like making the page either the tiers that seem correct can be placed or we can leave most of them as unknown.

just so that the page doesn't get taken down again for the same reason.

when I checked the reason for deletion it said that the stats weren't accurate without being calced.

I don't doubt that the formatting was an issue but it wasn't the reason that was placed when the page got deleted

I know this is years old, but I'm actually working on a Super Mario-Kun page in my blogs if anyone was interested.

Back