• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pontos Vs Lucemon Satan Mode

Of course you'll post scans of the Information Manipulation and Abstract stuff when you get home. But why Pontos for a vote now? Or have you not thought that far ahead yet?

Would it really make that much of a difference though? Both would counteract each other's information manipulation, both can seal each other and both would likely not die due to immortality. However, Lucemon has the crutch on stopping Pontos' Regen thanks to being a Demon Lord and using Nazar Nail to finish him.

This all happens in Saint Seiya Episode G, Chapter 48.

Link:

http://unionmangas.net/leitor/Saint_Seiya_-_Episode_G/48

TitansFeat1
"Para livr├í-la dessa dor, mostrarei a esses humanos todo o meu poder. O verdadeiro poder que possuem os Tit├ús!!! Est├í me ouvindo, T├¬mis!? Para o bem daquele que é mais precioso para nós dois... Libere os planetas!!!"
Translation:

"To release him from this pain, I shall show these humans all my power. The true power that the Titans possess!!! Are you listening to me, Themis!? For the good of he who is most precious to us... Unleash the planets!!!"
TitansFeat2
"Com o verdadeiro poder dos Grandes Deuses.... Com esse poder que comanda o mundo... O castigo divino recairá sobre os homens."
Translation:

"With the true power of the Great Gods... With this power that commands the world... The divine judgement shall rain down upon men."
TitansFeat3
"É o cosmo de um deus..."
"Mas nenhum que eu já tenha sentido antes... É o mais escuro... Profundo... Gigantesco cosmo já visto..."

Translation:

"It's the cosmos of a god..."
"None which I have already felt before... This is the darkest... Deepest... Most gigantic cosmos I've ever seen..."

TitansFeat4
"Esse é um convite meu para que venha ao meu mundo..."
Translation:

"This is my invitation for you to come into my world..."
TitansFeat5
"UM MUNDO DE TREVAS"
Translation:

"A WORLD OF DARKNESS"
TitansFeat6
"Toda a parte escura do universo... ├ë feita desse matéria que est├í sob seus pés. O poder extremo que expande o universo por todo o infinito. Essa é a fonte que alimenta a nós, que somo deuses. Um cosmo que somente as divindades que comandam a destrui├º├úo podem possuir..."
Translation:

"All of the universe's darkness... Is made of this matter which lies beneath your feet. The extreme power which expands the universe across all of infinity. This is the source that feeds us who are gods. A cosmos that only the deities who command destruction can possess..."
TitansFeat7
"Eschatos Dunamis... A Força Divina Extrema."
Translation:

"Eschatos Dunamis... The Extreme Divine Force."
TitansFeat8
"Quando dois dos pilares divinos dos Tit├ús se unem em matrimônio... Gera-se uma nova divindade... E a fonte de poder dessa divindade é o que constrói o mundo. Ou seja, o mundo só existe gra├ºas ├á exist├¬ncia dos deuses."
Translation:

"When two of the divine pillars of the Titans unite in matrimony... A new deity is generated... And this deity's power source is what constructs the world. In other words, the world only exist thanks to the existence of the gods."
TitansFeat9
"Na verdade... O mundo em si é a prova do poder dos deuses. Cada Tit├ú possui um universo e um planeta sob seu dom├¡nio."
Translation:

"Actually... The world itself is proof of the gods' powers. Every Titan possesses a universe and a planet under their domain."
TitansFeat10
"Este universo que nós criamos... ├ë inviol├ível."
Translation:

"This universe which we created... Is inviolable."

That isnt proof enough for an Abstract Nature, they seem just to posses their own personal Universes/dimensions.

Sure it is.

"All of the universe's darkness... Is made of this matter which lies beneath your feet. The extreme power which expands the universe across all of infinity. This is the source that feeds us who are gods. A cosmos that only the deities who command destruction can possess..."

The universe only has darkness and keeps expanding because Iapetus and his personal universe exist.

"When two of the divine pillars of the Titans unite in matrimony... A new deity is generated... And this deity's power source is what constructs the world. In other words, the world only exist thanks to the existence of the gods."

The world is constructed and only exists thanks to the power and existence of the gods.

This is consistent with the end of the Hades Arc. When Hades died, the Underworld, i.e the afterlife collapsed. Without the God of the Dead / Afterlife, there can be no Afterlife.

Similarly, without the god of darkness, there can be no darkness. Not to mention how Pontos is literally the ocean going by some descriptions.

GigantomachiaBackstory
As Vontades dos Deuses, liberadas pelo Universo no momento de seu nascimento, chocaram-se contra as fagulhas da vida espalhadas por toda a eternidade, e se abrigaram nas Estrelas.
Em Uranus - o Céu - refugiaram se as estrelas.
Em Pontus - o Oceano - teve inicio a vida.
Ao som e ao ritmo suave do Tempo, o Mundo se desenvolveu - e nele todas as pessoas nasciam, morriam e tinham seu destino determinado pelas Estrelas. E seguiram as estrelas o seu fluxo pela vida, e a vida, pelo fluxo das estrelas.

Translation:

The Will of the Gods, liberated by the Universe in the moment of its birth, collided against the sparks of life scattered across all of eternity, and housed itself in the stars.
Within Uranus - the Sky - the stars took shelter.
Within Pontos - the Ocean - life began.
To the sound and soft rhythm of Time, the World developed - And in it all humans were born, lived, died, and had their destiny determined by the Stars. And the stars followed their course in accordance to life, and life, in accordance to the course of the stars.

Saint Seiya is just being faithful to Greek Mythology, where the gods are concepts personified.

So what pray tell is Pontos? Concept of Oceans? At the end of the day it kinda makes this more inconclusive than anything. That just gives him Type 4 immortality which I'd think he already has.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
So whay pray tell is Pontos? Concept of Oceans? At the end of the day it kinda makes this more inconclusive than anything. That just gives him Type 4 immortality which I'd think he already has.
He is two things: The primordial ocean where life has its start. And the course (As in, a running river's course) of Fate. He is two concepts that can be metaphorically associated with waters.

So does he come back as long as Fate or Oceans exist in the world? Or is he like Hades in which the Oceans and Fate collapse? (Which would ******* suck for the humans tbh)

More like Hades, but he is far more intrinsically tied to his concept than Hades, since he is a Primordial.

Also, btw: Uranus is the concept of the Universe as a whole. The skies, the heavens, the stars that dictate fate, etc. Which is fitting as he is above all the 11 Titans which all have aspects of existence tied to then.

And it is Uranus' position as the God of the Universe which was usurped by his son Cronus, and later by Zeus.

Both Cronus and Zeus are considered to be "Almighty / Supreme Gods". Essentially, the god who controls the universe in its totality is the head of the gods, and thus Supreme / Omnipotent. And this is fitting since Zeus is given many characteristics of the Judeo-Christian God.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
So what pray tell is Pontos? Concept of Oceans? At the end of the day it kinda makes this more inconclusive than anything. That just gives him Type 4 immortality which I'd think he already has.
Are you sure that wouldn't give him Type 8 Immortality too? Or Concept Manipulation

I mean technically Dialga, Palkia and Giratina embody their concepts, but they only got Type 4. The reason for the Demon Lords Type 8 is because they will return unless their concept is gone.

Pretty much like Dracula.

GodRespectThread2
GodRespectThread3

Well, Saint Seiya has something like that. Humans who raise arms against gods have their attacks turned against them due to their sins of defiance.

I remember that happened to Seiya and the others as well during the fight with Poseidon. Also to answer that second question. Yes Pontos should gain manipulation over the concept of Water and Fate.

Sure it's not Low 2-C? (I really want Virgo Shaka vs Shakamon)

Also is your vote still the same?

Personally I don't see either killing each other. That Abstract stuff kinda stopped Lucemon's chance at winning. I mean Lucemon could seal him, but Pontos can do the same... So I say inconclusive...This also means that Pontos still hasn't suffered his first loss...Same with Lucemon...

This also means Pontos vs Ogudomo would be redundant...

For some reason I see Lucemon having the upper hand with Pontos' edging in AP.

Eh. Not really Lucemon likely can't kill Pontos. He could seal him, but Pontos can do the same. And their abilities can counter each other.

@Dragon

Okay, so which Saint Seiya Gods should have Concept Manipulation and Abstract Existence added to their profile?

Obviously the Primordials and Titans. But should any Olympian have? Hades' death and what's implied about Zeus suggests that some do.

I'd say any Olympian that embodies something more..."material". Something like the Afterlife but not like War or Wine. We can talk about this on my message wall of course cuz y'know, vs thread.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Eh. Not really Lucemon likely can't kill Pontos. He could seal him, but Pontos can do the same. And their abilities can counter each other.
The number of haxes you listed made me think that.

Anyway, Pontos seems too strong for that. Inconclusive.

I thought the abstract thing wasnt important for Lucemon? I mean, all the SGDL are abstracts, so why should it be a problem for him?

I mean I guess you can argue Nazar Nail would beat Pontos. Thing is Pontos needs his soul to be destroyed and he has resistance to that.

Back