• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Quotes

Meant to make this a long long time ago but it always kept slipping my mind. And when I do remember it I was never sure to bring this up due to it maybe not being worth it (but am now) Anyways, while not important, i'd like to discuss this as it is a problem i've had with some pokemon here. Not a complaint btw, just something personal.

I don't really like how some pokemon here only have their pokedex entries as quotes. Obviously, some pokemon can't really, well...say anything other than their names lol. But there are some mon here who have more than what the average mon don't really get. They have actual character and personality to their names (the ones from the anime I mean, like Jirachi, Lucario, Arceus even, etc.). Im not really liking how they only get their dex info as a quote as it just makes them look like they don't have any of what I mentioned and are just normal creatures/pets who appear to be, well, just that. So if it isnt too much trouble, i'd like to know if we could try and give a quote to any of the appropriate pokemon to try and make them stand out from their wild counterparts. Just something I thought of asking and its no harm if its shot down.

Thank you

I wish I had pants
~ Slowking​
I kind of like using dex entries as quotes, especially the more mythological sounding ones. It feels kind of grand, but I see no harm in replacing them with actual quotes.

With SMT, I tend to use the Compendium Entries as summaries.

Unfortunately, the Pokedex entries are much shorter, but they tend to work well as quotes.

Oh yeah ofc I never intended on trying to get them removed since they supply info on the pokemon. And for some pokemon they dont have an actual quote (unless we wanna give Pikachu a quote of just saying its name over and over lol). But for some, I feel we should add actual phrases to their pages so that it makes them look more special than just average pets.

The only profile I can think of with this type of quote is Chocobo.

But as you said, the vast majority of Pokemon aren't exactly quotable and I'd find it weird if we inserted some weird onomatopoeia to match their in-game voice.

In addition, I'd prefer it if we wrote our own summaries.

"Gugyugubah!"

~ Dialga (Pkmn Diamond)

"Gagyagyaah!"

~
Palkia (Pkmn Pearl)

"Giygogagohgwooh!"

~ Giratina (Pkmn Platinum)

"Dogogyuuun!"

~ Arceus (Pkmn D/P/Pt)

...2deep4u :^)

Back