• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread lV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe creating wind strong enough to destroy Houses yields higher results then you'd think, but since we don't have much to go on "At least Small Building" shiftry is a good start.

First up, I think we should drop seismic toss if it throws opponents out of orbit. We don't want any more Tier 6 Poke-fodder. I'm leaning more towards Dark's calc.

Anyways, just from looking through pokedex entries:

Swanna can fly for thousands of miles.

Vanillites breath is -58 degrees F. Vanilluxe can cause straight-up blizzards.

Escavalier was stated to move around at "High speed". Could possibly make it scale to Ninjask by virtue of how fast it should be. Plus, Accelgor was stated to have "Ninja-like movments". Since both of their pre-evolutions require being bathed in electrical energy when in the presence of each other to evolve, I think they could both at least scale to Ninjask in speed.

Frillish drags opponents 5 miles below the surface. Jellicent was heavily implied to have caused shipwrecks.

Ferrothorn can destroy boulders, unless we already have that feat.

Chandelure can bypass durability by burning up the soul.

Cyrogonal can freeze prey at -148 F.

Mienshao should possess Subsonic combat speed.

Excadrill can dig 300 ft below the surface, and can dig tunnels in similar fashion to Onix, as described by Druddigon's pokedex entries.

Gurdurr has no trouble taking on an entire group of wrestlers.

Palpitoad can create "Earthquake-like vibrations". Although it's likely not that impressive, as Seismitoad only has the common boulder feat.

However, the sound Sawk makes by punching boulders is stated to be "heard from the mountains in which it trains from".

Krookodile can crush automobiles with its jaws.

Darumaka's internal flame DECREASES to 1,100 F when it sleeps.

Darmanitan's internal flame burns at 2,500 F, allowing it to destroy a dump truck with one punch.

@Gimmy. I tried but I think I messed up royally.

Density of Ice: 0.9340 g/cm^3

Block would have to weigh 9340 kg to be 10 Tons.

Volume of the block would be 10 Cubic Meters to weigh that much.

10 m^3 = 10000000 cm^3

Violent Fragmentation Value of Ice is 0.825

10000000 * 0.825 = 8250000 Joules

8250000 Joules = 1.9 Kilograms of TNT, 8250 kilojoules

I think that's Wall level+

Darkanine said:
@Gimmy. I tried but I think I messed up royally.
Density of Ice: 0.9340 g/cm^3

Block would have to weigh 9340 kg to be 10 Tons.

Volume of the block would be 10 Cubic Meters to weigh that much.

10 m^3 = 10000000 cm^3

Violent Fragmentation Value of Ice is 0.825

10000000 * 0.825 = 8250000 Joules

8250000 Joules = 1.9 Kilograms of TNT, 8250 kilojoules

I think that's Wall level+
...Not gonna lie, was hoping it'd be higher. XD

Like, I though it'd be very low Small Building. Oh well...

His other big feat (Crushing Icebergs) yielded much higher results (Roughly Small Building+ on a huge low end). My PC crashed before I could save it though. I'll make a blog post later compiling a few basic Pokemon calcs like Weekly did.

Also, like I said earlier, I think we should ignore Seismic Toss if it throws opponents into orbit.

I'm gonna give up on this verse if I see one more Tier 6 Poke-fodder upgrade.

@Arb. I'm pretty sure the KE Calc I did was them being thrown into space, its just low orbiting space so the reults aren't very high. Even if they went to the moon and back it probably wouldn't be higher than Town level.

The dex describes the feat as "flipping the world", which as a low end would require overpowering the Earths Rotational Kinetic Energy, which is Moon level, the high end would be like Large Planet level+/Dwarf Star level
SkullKnight

Also:

Reuniclus can crush boulders physically.

Milotic can survive at the bottom of large lakes. Does that count for a durability feat due to being capable of putting up with the water pressure? Can it scale to Gyarados?

Castform can alter the weather. Does that count for anything? Maybe we can use the TM Rain Dance calc for it because that's Castform's forte?

Frosslass has -60 F breath.

Would Rotom be lightspeed due to being composed entirely of elctricity? Or is that MHS+?

Did we already accept Sharpedo's 75 mph speed via water jets? Because I think he should be able to use those same water jets to get an AP feat as well. Also, Sharpedo can tear apart a supertanker on its own. That's gotta be a Multi-City Block feat. Sharpedo weighs 88.8 kg. Put that into a KE calc and that should get you ~50,000 joules, which is Wall Level. Mega Sharpedo weighs 130.3 kg, and since it should be much faster than base Sharpedo... let's assume it's about, let's say, 90 mph? That should get you 70,500 joules, which is still Wall Level.

ArbitraryNumbers said:
Also, Shiftry can level houses with gusts of wind.
Well ,100 ft /second winds would equate to 68 mph or a Cat 1 Hurricane. your average 90 mph. The Ratio between the two is (68/90 or exactly 3/4's)

The 90 Mph Hurricane yields an energy of 1.3 x 10^17 Joules/Day just through Wind Speed alone assuming we need it for seconds we can convert it by doing

1.3Joules/Day * (1 Day / 86400 seconds) we'd get 1.4 x 10^12 Joules/Second

Multiply it by 0.75 and we get 1.05 x 10^12 Joules of Energy / Second which would be Tier 8-A for Shiftry

1) Average Boulder Size is 27 ft^3 which would be 764555 cm^3 * 69 j/cc (Violent Fragmentation) = 5.3*10^7 Joules, Tier 9-A for Reuniclus

So... Is it okay if I make an edit to Breloom's profile with the Mach Punch thing? It seems that everyone is okay with it.

Pretty sure moves like Seed Bomb would be wall level regardless, so Wall level Breloom seems perfectly fine.

Also, if we use Bullet Punch in the same was as Meteor Mash and Mach Punch, what bullet speed would we scale it to?

Not bad, whose Marc?

And I've yet to play much Omega Ruby in awhile. Just beat Roxanne and haven't had much time to play.

So I got a question.

For the Keys should I put the form of media the feat comes from instead of just the form?

Key:pokedex entry| Pokemon adventures manga

Also i've updated some of the starters profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back