• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon and Digimon Parallels

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
This is gonna be fun. Let's see how many Pokemon and Digimon parallels we can make. And by parallels, I mean design, abilities and basis/inspiration. I'll start.

Solgaleo the sun legendary by tomycase-da24zep
Lion of the Sun that is Tier 6.

Firamon crusader
Lion of the Sun that is Tier 6.

How about we not try to compare two franchises that have little in common and are trying to do completely different things just because they both have the word Mon in the name and have slightly similar art styles?

LoyalservantofInti said:
How about we not try to compare two franchises that have very little in common just because they both have the word Mon in the name?
The franchises have little in common. But the monsters are the little that's in common....kinda. ovo

At the core idea, Digimon and Pokemon are similar, but in the sense that both share the same basic premise but have wildly different design philosophies. Simply put, both are V-Pet franchises that extended way past their initial concept. Both now have manga, western comics, anime, video games up the wazoo and so on.

It's just that Digimon is actually willing to take chances and do new stuff all the time while Pokemon stagnates

To this day, I'm still not sure what Dobermon's purpose in Tamers was..

I guess one of the most blatant parallels would be the (former) dub name of the second Digimon movie and the name of the second Pokemon Movie.

Diaboromon Strikes Back and Mewtwo Strikes Back, not even trying to be subtle there Saban..

Edit: Apparently Diaboromon Strikes Back is the original Japanese name and it was changed to Diaboromon's Revenge in the west. Weird I could've sworn I remember it the other way around.

@Darkanine

From what I remember Dobermon's purpose in Tamers was to transfer some kind of special data by sacrificing himself to allow Takato and the others to evolve to Ultimate/Mega in the human world.

Could you consider Arceus and God comparable because there both the gods of there respective series lol

Back