• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Poke/Digi Crossover

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Y'know, out of curiosity, and for fun, and be I wanna know what fans of both series would think of how a crossover between the two would go, be it an anime or a game. Just for funsies. Nothing like "Pokémon watch helplessly as MetalSeadramon rips through them" or anything, but how a legitimate crossover might go in your eyes.

A crossover? Well, assuming it's 1 brief event, & something, like, say, a movie... well, for one, it'd probably ignore our systems, because crossovers, drama, etc.

An encounter between the two settings.... I imagine the initial conflict would come after some discovery & interactions; The 2 settings finding out about one anothers' worlds & inhabitants, ways of life, ecosystems, etc.

Based on what I've seen, I imagine they might perceive each other as:

For how Pokemon views Digimon, too separated, as the Digital World is kept secret & separate from their setting's human world. Of course, this has its benefits, keeping out danger except from the bigger threads, & some prefer that way.

Whereas with Pokemon, the Digimon setting might perceive them as overly controlling & abusing; Most every human interacts with Pokemon, commanding them in battles, in contrast to the more independent Digimon. But most humans aren't malicious, some Pokemon prefer this, & their setting benefits greatly, with incredible technology, usually peaceful, & happy inhabitants.

The resolution of this conflict would probably be as they realize the benefits of one anothers' systems & why they are the way they are; Status quo is God, after, all. But that'd be a bit of an anti-climax?

Perhaps at some point, there may even be a tournament or such. Possibly for the spectacle to this crossover's viewers, & in-setting, as a show of goodwill & understanding towards one another in-universe.

Nonetheless, though, I think what's most likely is something like this:

During the tourney or learning of one another, the less kindhearted of both sides join & collaborate together. Amassing Pokemon, & using them to take control of more Digimon, striving to seize control of all three worlds: Human Digimon world, human Pokemon world, AND the Digital World!

As realization of this occurs, everyone realizes they have to set aside their differences, & band together to stop this common enemy. The Digimon must work with the humans & the Pokemon must work with the Digimon, who are so alien & differently thinking to them.

As they come to understanding of each other, & fight in combat, since this is a crossover of 2-merchandise-heavy settings, a new, super powerful, super merchandisable form appears. Likely, it would combine the elements of Pokemon & Digimon. Their battle readyness, bond with humans, & perhaps a new form of evolution. I imagine something that rapidly or reactively evolves during battle in small ways that it can revert, but in crisis, changes drastically, these changes being those that approach towards its final form, with the less beneficial discarded.

Perhaps during this conflict to stop the seizing of all 3 worlds, the "interdimensional pathways" that enabled this meeting of masses would start to... destabilize or the like.

As the conflict is resolved, & the settings come to resolution with one another's ways, & have survived a great conflict, they quickly realize that they can't stay together forever. Those that wish to leave or stay have to choose now, & most choose to go back to their own world.

As the connection ends, so, too, does the crossover.

(I hope I did good.)

I will assume that this would exist in an alternate reality from OURS, where the guys who made Pokémon and Digimon are the same people, then a fusion of the core concepts of the series that make everything so distinct from each other would be interesting. Pokémon training and capturing would kind of be similar to Digimon Taming (like what we see in Digimon World Championship). It could be a combination of the ball capture and using Digi rope— hell, there might just be different methods of capturing Monsters.

As for the "Digital World vs Real World thing" I would probably make it so that the Real World operated with the Laws of Physics of the Digital World or some kind of similar concepts that would make it so that Data and all this technology shit that applies to the laws of physics and stuff within the Digital World are preserved/explained away with the label of "Magic" or "Mystical Bullshit". Maybe the reason why the Monsters and humans are so close together is because they have some kind of special ability or technology that enables the weird shit going on in the Digital World.

Also, Humans would be casually and Blatantly Superhuman. Maybe some freaky hybrids too...! owo

I feel like the Digivolution System is better than standard Evolution, both in the ability for the Tamer/Trainer to be able to make their Beast practically immortal via De-aging them back to baby forms. And, I would prefer the gameplay to allow the human and the Mons to fight along side each other like in SMT, just because I like the concept.

After playing HM. Digimon generally feel that humans should not be involved in their affairs. And then there are the Royal Knight who have the likes of Crusadermon, Craniamon, Sleipmon and Duftmon who despise and look down on humans. It would be interesting.

I'd also like to see some Politics going on between the legendary/high tier factions in the camps of the monsters. Imagine the Royal Knights arguing against the CT and shit over something wild. Maybe Arceus and Yggdrasil are the same thing, or partners, or maybe Arceus is an avatar of it or God.

Back