• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

plot manipulation vs layers

character A has plot manip

character B has layers where you need 4 layers of CM interaction to interact with him

can character A use his plot manip to make it so that character B is interactable?

No. I explained it simply above, haxs like plot, info and cm all work on the same principle. So we can't say that one is superior or influences the other unless it's a feat.

That's why plot hax couldn't interact with this 4 layered concept. So, a 4 layered AE type 1 ( type 1 cm)
You only have resistence to CM, not plot mainp, having resistence to CM doesn't give you resistence to all of the metaphysical aspects

btw if plot hax can't affect CM 1 4 layers (due to lack of feat) and CM 1 (4 layers) does not have feat to affect plot hax (0 layers), would that mean the battle is inconclusive ?
More precisely, if the character with plot hax also has a type 1 cm resistance, both cannot affect each other.

I mean that after the ctr that changes how plot manip works, If you want to use plot manip to affect concepts you would need concept manip.
If you want to use plot manip to affect laws you would need law manip.
Having plot manip doesn't give you resistance to the other hax either.

I don't understand what advantage plot manip gives you, it's literally garbage now.

I mean that after the ctr that changes how concept manip works, If you want to use Concept to affect plot you would need plot manip.
If you want to use concept manip to affect laws you would need law manip.
Being able to manipulate concepts does not give you resistance against concept manip either.

I don't understand what advantage concept manip gives you, it's literally garbage now.

Character A is interacting with B's plot or narrative not its concept, so yeah it should work irrespective of concept layers.
The problem here is that the character itself is the concept. So it has to interact with the concept first. If there were no concept, yes that would be true

but the concept manip is something much more common in fiction. The plot manip is something very rare. It's literally breaking the story you're in. I can't think of any story that goes depth into how this hax works besides scp that talks about narratives and all that shit. (adressed to livinmeme)

but the concept manip is something much more common in fiction. The plot manip is something very rare. It's literally breaking the story you're in. I can't think of any story that goes depth into how this hax works besides scp that talks about narratives and all that shit.
That depends on the context of the verse

Verses that use plot manip as something relevant to solving problems are a minority and normally powerscaling verses, characters that have plot manip will currently become useless since they have practically no advantage with them.
Let's use Arale as an example, she left her comic and rewrote it (or something like that, I don't remember very well lol). What advantages does the ability give her? Obviously the story doesn't focus on detailing how plot manipulation works, it wouldn't make sense.

The problem here is that the character itself is the concept. So it has to interact with the concept first.
So the dilemma is between a character B who is CM1 AE1 and a character A who has plot manip but not CM1 manip? Hmm, this is a bit blurry. CM1 guy's plot can still be manipped is what I would like to say regardless of his abstract status, but so can the AE be wanked. Well we do need a consensus on this.

So the dilemma is between a character B who is CM1 AE1 and a character A who has plot manip but not CM1 manip? Hmm, this is a bit blurry. CM1 guy's plot can still be manipped is what I would like to say regardless of his abstract status, but so can the AE be wanked. Well we do need a consensus on this.
I guess that's why a revision was opened. I mean, which metaphysical aspects the plot hax can affect in the verse. This can basically be categorized into different aspect types depending on the verse.

It would be healthier that way.

If this was CM 2 this would be different story since that's bound to reality where CM1 is kinda the latter. But I can understand the weird distance between plot and reality where certain Physiologies have a immunity to these types of hax. In this case bringing up layers is definitely irrelevant since it's just a AE vs plot manipulation question.

character A has plot manip

character B has layers where you need 4 layers of CM interaction to interact with him

can character A use his plot manip to make it so that character B is interactable?
I don't know about making them be interactable, but I always interpret stuff like this as Plot winning by simply affecting their plot. If your NEP doesn't include plot, I don't know how you would defend it.

wouldn't the guy with CM layers be within the plot regardless of layers
coz the plot exist outside layers..

Back