• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Magnus laughed. "You don't want to know? That's always been your weakness. I know it all, now. I could tell you the Emperor's name, and it would surprise you. I could tell you that the fates decreed Fulgrim to be sent to Chogoris and you to Chemos, and I could tell you which arcane force in the universe prevented it."

He took a step, then another, towards the Khan.

"Do you wish to know here you will die, Khagan? Do you wish to know on what world, and in which dimension, your soul will find its ending?"

"These things are not known."

"All is known."

The Khan looked at him warily, "You told me I had a choice. My fate - all fate - is still to be written."

Magnus grinned. His eye seemed to be weeping, though it was hard to tell whether it was with tears or blood.

"Stories may meander, but the endings never change. Believe me, I have witnessed the authors."

He shuddered. "They are terrible", he whispered
~ Scars​
Is this legit?

I could honestly see a "possibly" plot manip. Since there's no mention of the skein, which is how fate is usually controlled in 40k, and that Magnus is also seems to be talking about the Warp here as well, where there isn't any fate. And plot manip is a very Tzeentch type of power.

Im gonna have to agree with Ogbunabali, it seems like its at least a possibly and it absolutely fits Tzeentch.

I don't quite understand why skein needs to be mentioned. I don't see how Magnus is talking about the Warp, he's talking about how everything has already been written even though there are a few changes in the "plot" (presumably changes by people who can see the future) the ending never changes because of the "authors" who keep it in check and Tzeentch is the guy who basically plots everything.

This could be "possibly" since we don't know if it's Tzeetch he's referring to but I think we all know it's Tzeentch, I mean he literally is Change

I think possibly seems fine enough. Basically every other mention of fate powers mentions messing with the skeins that are interconnected to everything, and that's a thing waaay more people can be messing with as opposed to just these higher authors.

Though sometimes it isn't skein but it's "twist", "divine", "strands", etc. As for higher authorities, you don't get much higher than the Chaos Gods. This could even be Nurgle since he's like inevitability.

And if it helps Magnus was talking about Tzeentch in this exchange with Khan.

'You know, of course, that Nostramo is already ashes. Olympia lies in ruins, and the Lion's home world is headed the same way. You can see what happened to mine. What, do you suppose, will stop Chogoris being consumed in the fire?'
'All things pass.' Magnus looked scornful. His face seemed to be distorting, as if locked underwater.

'Change. That is the only constant. Change, change, change.'

The quote is really interesting, although perhaps it refers to Tzeentch as an architect.

Back