• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Plants vs. Zombies Discussion Thread: It's About Time! 🌱🧟‍♂️

nah, the zombies from pvz die if they lose their heads, they just stay alive a bit longer but removing the head is straight up how they die., What you could say trough is that is heavely implied that they straight up don't have brains sinse in the manual It's implied that the you become a zombie after your brain is eaten
Noted.
should we expecifie that they only have elemental non phisical interaction? sinse zombies can't interact with the likes of ghost pepper.... trough Ghost Pepper description implies she isn't a ghost... meh
I think this would just give ghost pepper resistance to NPI
I think zombies can have resistence to pain, after all they don't even realise they lost their heads before they die, can be pierced trough spikes and much more, in the FPS games they only take recoil from the attacks but have no expression change to indicate pain and on pvz heroes I don't think there is one zombie death animation that show them having pain, just being hitted really and the manual implies that you may not even realize your brain was eaten by the zombies what is probable the pain inibition of the infection taking place(Trough the more sentient zombies would not have that... so idk)
Seems legit. I'm not familiar with Heroes or GW
Zombies also can aparently eat people brains without opening their heads soo... maybe biological manipulation?
iirc the manual does imply they crack people's skulls
Zombies mainly use their mouths to attack so their teeth count as natural weaponary

You forgot super human phisical characteristics on the zombies, and ironically plants like sunflower would not have super human phisical characteristics(maybe only durability) so they shouldn't have It
Noted
Plants should have "plant manipulation" sinse they are plants then selfs, anything they do is plant manipulation(this may be not needed)
I don't think it's needed

Most plants have organic manipulation sinse they can generate their projectiles that are organic in nature

Plants probable should have sub classes here... ice plants have enchanted resistent to ice manipulation(can't be frozen by the cold wind or hunter snow balls), Fire plants are also resistence to ice and generate heat, thouse are almost universal traits among the plants on thouse categories, zombies do have something simillar with the ice age zombies being immune to being frozen by the plants, trough they can still be incased in ice blocks
Not sure if ice and fire plants have enough for a subclass, idk. Organic manip is common enough but i dont think its ubiquitous
everyone should have Acasuality type 1 as their time travel literally changed the evolution of the world and no zombies or plants where affected in the present(like, the comics show Pre historic plants found in the past and not a creation of dave, they made a mess with the time line)
Noted.
Plants probable should have immo type 2 thanks to the nuts and punpking that can have multiple chunks removed of them and still live, pumpking is the best exemple sinse It is alive even trough It1s literaly just the skin of the fruit there, maybe should only apply to wall plants trough...
I think that only applies to wall plants. I'm adding a subsection for them (although i guess you could argue starburst and bowling bulb could help qualify for immo type 2)
Zombies also have rage power with newspaper zombie becoming faster when enraged, Pharaoh being described as having the speed of a "hungry zombie" when the sarchopagos breaks, basically zombies get faster when hungry or angry but only some actually use It in combat
Noted. Also, maybe Empowerment is a better power/term? Given the zombies get more powerful via music in Neon Mixtape Tour? idk tho.
There is a lot of plants that have multiple selfs... do you think they all have the potential of gaining multiple selfs?
I don't think so.
Now for weaknesses, plants are over all unable to swin needing the ones with that especific power to be able to stay on deeper water, even a puddle can make then unable to stand there as seen in the new pvz 2 update that brought the sea shroon back

Zombies seen to overall be lacking on common human emotions or inteligence with some exeptions being more aware then others
I agree but idk if you can put weaknesses on a verse-specific power though.
also, most plants have small size type 0 being around the size of a averge dog in the comics.
It's common enough, but not really ubiquitous (see: Tall-Nut, Guard-Shroom)
IDK why put on a diferent section but all plants become stronger when on sunlight so this should just be in the normal plant powers as well
Noted.

I think this would just give ghost pepper resistance to NPI
NAH, there are 3 types of intangibility, you can resist one but not resist the other, if you can punch someone made of sand like he isn't this don't mean you can punch a ghost

iirc the manual does imply they crack people's skulls
Correct but there is no "open head" zombie too

Noted. Also, maybe Empowerment is a better power/term? Given the zombies get more powerful via music in Neon Mixtape Tour? idk tho.
I have no idea, but I think the music in Neon mixtape is a power exclusive to thouse zombies, especially sinse the piano music also affect the cowboy zombies but don't really make them more powerfull

I agree but idk if you can put weaknesses on a verse-specific power though.
Good question, I will make a post asking about this later

It's common enough, but not really ubiquitous (see: Tall-Nut, Guard-Shroom)
The biggest problem is that there is a lot of almost universal habilities that have some exeptions, this make things kinda hard...

The biggest problem is that there is a lot of almost universal habilities that have some exeptions, this make things kinda hard.
True lol
NAH, there are 3 types of intangibility, you can resist one but not resist the other, if you can punch someone made of sand like he isn't this don't mean you can punch a ghost

[...]

I have no idea, but I think the music in Neon mixtape is a power exclusive to thouse zombies, especially sinse the piano music also affect the cowboy zombies but don't really make them more powpowerfull
Makes sense.

I mean, can't we just put "pvz plants phisiology exept: (list here habilities the plant lacks)" for the eceptions sinse there are so much almost universal powers?

also, just remenberd that plants don't need plant food to use their plant food hability, the garden zen let them use their plant food ability the moment they are placed down(meaning ever pvz 2 plant can start with their ultimate attack the moment the battle start, imagine fighting a peashooter just to be desintegrated by peas the moment the fight start, or instantly getting poisoned by a shadow shroon, or desintegrated by a fire pea, this is funny

I mean, can't we just put "pvz plants phisiology exept: (list here habilities the plant lacks)" for the eceptions sinse there are so much almost universal powers?

also, just remenberd that plants don't need plant food to use their plant food hability, the garden zen let them use their plant food ability the moment they are placed down(meaning ever pvz 2 plant can start with their ultimate attack the moment the battle start, imagine fighting a peashooter just to be desintegrated by peas the moment the fight start, or instantly getting poisoned by a shadow shroon, or desintegrated by a fire pea, this is funny
I agree. I'll add the second thing later

I agree. I'm not familiar with GW or Heroes though
That's fine, we can just discuss what they should have and then you can just add it to the page.
Maybe just make a "heroes" power profile on It's own?
Nah the Zombies and plants have different resistances, we can just have there be "Basic" and "Heroes" rankings, and types like "Regular" and "Sun Producers" for Plants.

Abilities for Plant Heroes:
All previous abilities from Basic Plants.
Abilities for Zombie Heroes:
All previous abilities from Basic Zombies.
There are also bosses so I'll include those too

Abilities for Plant Bosses:
Abilities for Zombie Bosses:
Notes/Explanation Section:

Last edited:
That's fine, we can just discuss what they should have and then you can just add it to the page.

Nah the Zombies and plants have different resistances, we can just have there be "Basic" and "Heroes" rankings, and types like "Regular" and "Sun Producers" for Plants.

Abilities for Plant Heroes:
Abilities for Zombie Heroes:
There are also bosses so I'll include those too

Abilities for Plant Bosses:
Abilities for Zombie Bosses:
Notes/Explanation Section:
  • All of the playable Plants and Zombies in PvZ Heroes/Garden Warfare/Battle for Neighborville are categorized as "Heroes" and have shared abilities across all characters. The Bosses are also categorized.
  • Variants of Chomper do not have Further Enhanced Sense as they are unable to "zoom in" to distances.
I think that's good enough... but wouldn't chomper still have enchanced senses for being able to know where the oponents are even trough they are underground? and even trough they lack eyes... what is reforced by chomper being stuned longer by the engenier zombie stun attack in GW1 and 2

I think that's good enough... but wouldn't chomper still have enchanced senses for being able to know where the oponents are even trough they are underground? and even trough they lack eyes... what is reforced by chomper being stuned longer by the engenier zombie stun attack in GW1 and 2
Yeah that makes sense

Are there any consistent weaknesses with Plants and Zombies?
Plants get whean they can't get sunlight

Non aquatic plants can't be planted on even feet deep water

Even trough they may have immo type 2 zombies will die if losing their heads

Even trough they are undead zombies are affected by poison

Defensive plants get immo type 2 too, so they can enter too

And yes that's all I think
Yeah we already got those
I just notice, the same scan I took of the manual for torchwood also say that zombies don't need to breath when talking about tangle kelp
Another thing we can add

Also just to get this out of the way, would you guys like it if the types section was sorted into tabbers? Maybe also the "Basic/Heroes/Bosses"? (Imo I think it's only necessary for types section)

Yeah we already got those

Another thing we can add

Also just to get this out of the way, would you guys like it if the types section was sorted into tabbers? Maybe also the "Basic/Heroes/Bosses"? (Imo I think it's only necessary for types section)
Ye, that probable would be a nive way to put It

I finished adding everything for the types
you forgot the enchanced resistence to ice manipulation fire plants have(For some reason It's kinda random witch ice plants are resistent to the freezing wind from ice age)

Should ice age zombies get a especial mention too? sinse they are not frozen by the likes of iceberg lettuce

If so then I guess music zombies from neo mixtape can get a section for them too, also just remenberd, isn't only the "especial zombies" from that world that get affected
Punk jam for exemple makes all zombies go 1.5 times faster then normal and pop jam makes then go with only 80% of their normal speed, trough I have no idea if only neo mixtape zombies are affected, like only cowboy zombies are the only ones affected by the piano or how only medieval zombies can be "knighted" by zombie king, or not

I'll do that. Also I forgot three types: Mushroom, Electric and Toxic, I'll add those later
you forgot the enchanced resistence to ice manipulation fire plants have(For some reason It's kinda random witch ice plants are resistent to the freezing wind from ice age)
I'll add that
Should ice age zombies get a especial mention too? sinse they are not frozen by the likes of iceberg lettuce
idk too be honest, but I'm leading to saying yes
If so then I guess music zombies from neo mixtape can get a section for them too, also just remenberd, isn't only the "especial zombies" from that world that get affected
Punk jam for exemple makes all zombies go 1.5 times faster then normal and pop jam makes then go with only 80% of their normal speed, trough I have no idea if only neo mixtape zombies are affected, like only cowboy zombies are the only ones affected by the piano or how only medieval zombies can be "knighted" by zombie king, or not
I think Zombies that have an effect with their music should have a type, Disco Zombie can use music to summon Zombie, Piano Zombie can do the same, etc. I disagree with medival it only applies to one Zombie type.

Another type I think could be added for Zombies is a machine one for Zombies like Gargantuar Prime, Robo-Zombie etc.

I'll do that. Also I forgot three types: Mushroom, Electric and Toxic, I'll add those later

I'll add that

idk too be honest, but I'm leading to saying yes

I think Zombies that have an effect with their music should have a type, Disco Zombie can use music to summon Zombie, Piano Zombie can do the same, etc. I disagree with medival it only applies to one Zombie type.

Another type I think could be added for Zombies is a machine one for Zombies like Gargantuar Prime, Robo-Zombie etc.
Meh, I wasn't really sugestsugestinng a separated one for medieval zombies was most usig as a esemple of "only affect one kind of zombie" effects, and I think the music powers are too diferent from one another to count here, some vreate music that affect other zombies and others are affected by the music

About robot zombies... I don't think It should, they are all or regular zombies operating machines or straight up just robots(like the bull) so there isn't really something especiall to apply to them, the only thing they share is a weakeness to E.M.P, It's not even consistent if they are immune to ingestion based plant powers or citron plant food "bfr" effect, so I don't think they should get especial treatment here

Same thing with eletric plants, the only thing they have extra is eletricity manipulation, to get a section of their own I think there should be at least one resistence or 2 new abilities, otherwise we could put explosive plants sinse they have explosion manipulation and poison plants having poison manipulation

Also, the plants still lack small size type 0 for the "base" tabber

Also, there still a lack of the previously mentioned weaknesses and zombie teeth being considered natural weaponary sinse they use It ofensivally to est plants

Also, I don't think bosses in GW universaly have the hability to heal then selfs, only the heroes really

Also, let me add here some things: gargs are resistence to transmutation(not transformed by witch hazel, at least in pvz2, you can make a argument for heroes but I thing witch hazel in heroes don't use transmutation but death manipulation and summoning to grant the same result) but mech zombies and bosses(pvz 2) also resist It

Pvz 2 bosses also resist mind control(can be hipinotized) bfr (don't affected by powers that trow zombies out of the law or any power that would launch then out of the ground, gargs too but they can be moved)... there is more but I'm kinda blanking right now (note: when talking about bosses here I'm not only talkig about zomboss but also cardio zombie, ceassar zombie, etc. Any zombie that is affected by "do a huge damage to boss zombies" on penny pursuit")

Same thing with eletric plants, the only thing they have extra is eletricity manipulation, to get a section of their own I think there should be at least one resistence or 2 new abilities, otherwise we could put explosive plants sinse they have explosion manipulation and poison plants having poison manipulation

Also, the plants still lack small size type 0 for the "base" tabber
I'll add Small Size and remove electric plants

I'll add specific weaknesses for some plants but not all of them, idk about zombie weaknesses so someone else would have to add that. In general I'm not an expert on Zombies if you wanna add types go ahead

Also, Poison Plants actually have this ability:
We see this with Goop Pea, Goop shroom and GW Chomper's goop, so we can add poison since that's +2 abilities

I also think Mushroom/Aquatic Plants can still stay due to their additional but minor weaknesses

that's just because the bosses don't eat the hypnoshroom
images

Magic mint and caulipower say hello
I'll add Small Size and remove electric plants

I'll add specific weaknesses for some plants but not all of them, idk about zombie weaknesses so someone else would have to add that. In general I'm not an expert on Zombies if you wanna add types go ahead

Also, Poison Plants actually have this ability:
We see this with Goop Pea, Goop shroom and GW Chomper's goop, so we can add poison since that's +2 abilities

I also think Mushroom/Aquatic Plants can still stay due to their additional but minor weaknesses
1-thanks

2- Undeads are normaly resistent to poison for simply... not having functional organs, but thinking here this might just be a thing that poison plants haave sinse their poison also can damage robots and the 8-bit zombies, both who shouldn't even be able to be damaged by poison, and... will zombies have immo type 2 or not?

3- that's fair actually, but how do we considere the likes of puffshroon, fume shroon, scared shroon and sea shooron? All are considered poison plants in pvz 2 even trough they don't apply poison

4- what is the weakness of mushroons? Sleep on day light? This is only a thing on pvz 1 so I don't think It is considered cannon anymore. Also agree aquatic plants should stay but their ability should just be underwater breathig instead of self sustenance :V also I'm sure we still missing things, probable from pvz heroes

Undeads are normaly resistent to poison for simply... not having functional organs, but thinking here this might just be a thing that poison plants haave sinse their poison also can damage robots and the 8-bit zombies, both who shouldn't even be able to be damaged by poison, and... will zombies have immo type 2 or not?
A poison effect being able to affect characters who have resistance to poisons is either:
1. A far greater poison
2. Resistance negation, which is way more plausible
That's fair actually, but how do we considere the likes of puffshroon, fume shroon, scared shroon and sea shooron? All are considered poison plants in pvz 2 even trough they don't apply poison
They operate on another unknown poison so no, this can also be renamed to "Goop Plants" which imo is more fitting
what is the weakness of mushroons? Sleep on day light? This is only a thing on pvz 1 so I don't think It is considered cannon anymore. Also agree aquatic plants should stay but their ability should just be underwater breathig instead of self sustenance :V also I'm sure we still missing things, probable from pvz heroes
Yeah underwater breathing would be better. That weakness for Mushrooms can still be canon, that just means later on that no longer became an issue, it's just the accelerated development that we normally see in the series

Hypnoshroom is used in the Wild east's Zomboss's battles, and the other 2 can be used in the Zomboss's battles in the Penny mission
I was mostly talking about thouse bosses.... I guess they are considered mini bosses trough....

beacuse the perk "Boss Buster Perk" actually affects this 3 too
Advantagess: Depletes Zomboss' health during the boss fight which is useful, especially when you are struggling or having low-level plants. It also works on Zombie Generals like Cardio, Z-Mech, and Caesar, if any of these appear.

Disadvantages: Doesn't target other zombies.

A poison effect being able to affect characters who have resistance to poisons is either:
1. A far greater poison
2. Resistance negation, which is way more plausible
It's poison capable of affecting things that should just be unable to be affect thanks to not being organic, a robot can't be poisoned, but the bulls(they are robots) and the mechs can for some reason, this is just greater poison that can somehow affect inorganic things and alread dead things, Dragonite007 has worked on some verses that this is the case
They operate on another unknown poison so no, this can also be renamed to "Goop Plants" which imo is more fitting
Yeah underwater breathing would be better. That weakness for Mushrooms can still be canon, that just means later on that no longer became an issue, it's just the accelerated development that we normally see in the series
sure

Removed the puff-shroom example for normal plants (puff-shroom would fall under mushroom plants)

Also should Torchwood count as a wall plant?

Added that the powering Shadow Plants isnt exclusive to Moonflower (plants like Conceal-Mint and Noctarine can power them too) and added the Empowerment ability for Shadow Plants and PF

Not sure what the sentence "Long-term effects are partially permanent most of the time." means.

Back