• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pinkie Pie vs. Majin Buu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, splitting his body wouldn't save him. The magic would permeate his entire body. Cutting off your arm to keep yourself from dying to poison won't save you when the poison is all over you.

That's not true at all, actually. The moment of petrification, Majin Buu could easily split whichever part of himself the stone isn't yet touching, and be perfectly fine.

If you're meaning to say that Pinkie Pie's petrification is instantaneous, then I'm going to require some visual evidence. Elsewise, there's nothing saying Buu couldn't split himself to avoid being turned to stone. To say nothing if Buu hadn't already split himself *before* Pinkie attempted petrification, in which he'd simply regen from that split-off part. Buu can split and clone himself ad nauseum, after all, with no visible detriment to his energy pool.

It's a shame that we never saw what would have happened if Dabura had managed to use his stone spit on Buu...

Ricsi-viragosi said:
the petrifzing magic is still whitin the body part that he splits off
Are the mechanics of Pinkie Pie's petrification stated to work like that? If not, then no, that's a fallacious arguement.

Okay, so...

A) Discord is clearly being petrified slowly, from the bottom up. Majin Buu would have plenty of time to split himself off and throw bits away from himself.

B) It seems to be something that Pinkie could only do with the rest of the Mane 6.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
but the magic still affect the entire body.
That literally doesn't matter. Dabura's spit works the same way--it eventually encompasses your entire body, but you have plenty of time to remove petrified pieces before total petrification.

Buu can split himself at will, and regenerate even from microscopic pieces of himself. Petrification is nullified at any point that either Buu gets blasted apart, or he splits himself off to avoid it.

AquaWaifu said:
@Korudo

Uhh but he is still INSIDE the magic rainbow cylinder.
Implying that Buu couldn't jettison a piece of himself outside of the magical rainbow fast enough to avoid that piece being petrified?

I'll grant you that...Childish fat Buu would probably just sit there and think the rainbow was pretty, and not realize he was being turned to stone until it was too late. :\

Which is why I'd say Super Buu (Gohan Absorbed) would be a better match-up.

That literally doesn't matter. Dabura's spit works the same way--it eventually encompasses your entire body, but you have plenty of time to remove petrified pieces before total petrification.

Buu can split himself at will, and regenerate even from microscopic pieces of himself. Petrification is nullified at any point that either Buu gets blasted apart, or he splits himself off to avoid it.

It's not eventually. You get hit by the wholr cylinder, your entire body is automatically covered in the magic. Yes the magic stones over time, but it is still inside Buu.

Lightbuster30 said:

It's not eventually. You get hit by the wholr cylinder, your entire body is automatically covered in the magic. Yes the magic stones over time, but it is still inside Buu.
There's nothing claiming that it works like that, and it very obviously takes an amount of time before full petrification happens. Visually, as the rainbow laser is maintained throughout the petrification process, it's clear that contact with the rainbow beam is necessary to complete petrification. Majin Buu could split himself off, have that piece exit the cylinder, and then even split again, if necessary.

But splitting apart will.

I'm not really gonna argue this point too much more, I'm just saying. The petrification isn't instant, and Buu can regen at a molecular level.

Korudo Daio said:
But splitting apart will.

I'm not really gonna argue this point too much more, I'm just saying. The petrification isn't instant, and Buu can regen at a molecular level.
It's pretty damn fast. And Buu isn't smart enough to do that. Ww aren't talking about the clever Super Buu here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back