• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pikachu speed revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
I just want confirmation that I can do this. Pikachu has proven on many occasions that his is as fast as the lightning that it creates/summons. But Pikachu's speed is Unknown. While it could be faster, Pikachu at least has a minimum speed at MHS. That should be put up, as people don't know how fast he is in threads, which negatively affects the quality of Pikachu threads.

Has he shown to be as fast as the Lightning from the attack thunder, as Iirc that's the only one we consider real lightning

We need some proof that he is as swift as lightning, as you claim.

@TMR Well, if the calculation was accepted, I suppose that you can insert it into Pikachu's profile until we get some explicit references to go by.

iirc, doesn't Pikachu's lightning, and by extention, Raichu's lightning have the properties of true lightning, like powering up machines, and such? And I'm pretty sure that was true lightning by Pikachu in the first episode against all those Spearows. I'm not sure. It's been a long time since I've watched Indigo League.

The only electric attack considered lightning is Thunder, which is depicted as cloud to ground lightning and is also described as such.

Powering up machines isn't a requirement of true lightning.

• Lightning directly produced by a character is only considered as real lightning if it has demonstrated some properties real lightning has. Some examples are: making muscles of hit beings contract, having an (electro)magnetic field, being shown to actually move with a speed similar to lightning, flowing through conducting materials, the character being able to manipulate real electricity or electromagnetism in general, generating ozone or causing electrolysis.
  • The parts bolded are qualities of the pokemon Magnemite. If you recall in the anime, Magnemite was being attracted to Pikachu. How exactly? The pokemon is genderless. Well, that's because it was being attracted to Pikachu's (electro)magnetic field. At the very least, this would mean Magnemite's capable of producing real lightning. And Pikachu fought one before, even though it used Thunder Wave, a ligning based move. Pikachu explicitly dodges it from a close distance.
  • One more thing though is that paralysis should be muscle contraction, as it prevents movement. This I'm far less certain on, as I don't know what musce contraction really is.
  • And didn't Pikachu dodge a "Thunder" attack before? (The move)

It dodged a Thunderbolt. I don't recall him dodging thunder.Even so dodging lightning can range from subsonic to massively hypersonic speed depending on the distance the character is from the clouds.

Contraction is I guess the generation of muscle tension and paralysis from electric shocks are due to the inability of muscles to relax so...maybe?

Does Pikachu itself generate a magnetic field. Also, which episode did this occur so that we can possibly get a calc out of it?

Sparks Fly for Magnemite, for your final question. I was trying to prove that all of Magnemite's moves are true lightning. And if the character (in this case Magnemite) created the Lightning, and Pikachu was still capable of dodging it in a close range, would that be calced as Magemite producing "cloud to ground lightning" for lack of a better phrase?

And on the electric field thing, it was more Pikachu built up too much electricity (however naturally) and became magnetized. This revelation may be my salvation or damnation.

I'll download it now then. If Pikachu dodged the attack in the same storyline as the Magnetized (I use British English for reference) Magnemites then yep. I can probably calc it.

This occurred in the same episode right? We now have power scaling rules for this verse.

If it was done naturally then I see no problem with it.

No. It was done in two different regions. Kanto for the magnetized Pikachu (this just revealed that Magemites are always magnetized.), and Johto for the dodging a Magnemite's attack. At least it was the same series though. (Original, with Misty and Brock.)

The episode for the latter was Nerves of Steelix

"Given how extremely unreliable the series seems to be and that we would run the risk of rating lots of unwarranted characters as 2-C based on the Pokedex, base stats, and story events, we have decided that it is better to strictly go by the characters individual feats and by power-scaling if another character is shown to match or exceed the power level displayed by another character within the same story."

Pikachu is easily one of the most inconsistent characters in the series. I'm unsure about this. Perhaps we should wait for more input.

What you said makes sense. My only rebuttal is the fact that Magnemite is the equivalent of Napstablook in Pokemon (by that I mean he's mook tier. Much lower than Pikachu), and that is an innate ability that stay the same regardless of storyline. Heck, magnetism is how he EVOLVES. Also evidenced in the moves he learns (Magnet Rise). Magnemite's, or any of his family having their own magnetic field is pretty consistent imo.

Again Magnemite being Low tier doesn't really serve as a good logia due to the series inconsistencies. Still, if the magnetism is consistent, it should be fine then.

I'll download the episodes and see if I can get a proper calc out of them.

I forgot to post the calc here but it's been accepted, the changes to the profile have been made, is there anything else? (The result is High Hypersonic Combat speed by the way).

I don't think that there is anything else regarding this matter, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back