• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Persona Range Upgrade

Edwellken

RP Elder
I was originally gonna save this for the massive revision thread that I plan to make when I finish playing through the series, (mostly due to this being far from the only inaccuracy currently on the profiles) but it came up in a thread earlier and I said I'd make a CRT.

Basically, the majority of Persona characters have their range listed as something along the lines of "Extended melee range, higher with spells", which would be fair assuming they lacked a single feat. However, this isn't the case. Persona users are consistently shown to be able to use magic within the Hundreds of meters range in every game where the party or enemies use guns and/or bows, etc, to Kilometers in Persona 1, where the magic they use is comparable in range to sniper rifles (specifically the Gepard M2 in this case), as well as in Persona 5 as shown where they can attack gigantic bosses such as Wakaba and Yaldabaoth from such a range.

Given how consistently the range is shown by average Persona users in general, and like every Megami Tensei series, Persona recycles mostly all of the same exact spells through each game, the Kilometers range feats should scale with Persona users of the other games as well.

Conclusion, upgrade the range of Persona users and those who fought them and use the same spells to "Extended melee range with x weapon, Several Kilometers with Persona skills".

Back