• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Persona 5 Profile Creation

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktW7QIrw1GE

I have made a long ass post and I clicked out of it, peeved about that tbh\

Just know I will be referring to the above video alot for scaling. Since we scale alot of the Persona 4 main cast from Adachi, it seems to be fair to scale the P5 cast with Shido

The Verdict: Everyone Minus the MC and Yaldaboath should get At least 7-A in Cognitive World, Likely Low 6-B

We know he sunk at least the city of Tokyo in his congition, with a few references here and there sinking the country so I think this is fair.

As for the MC and Yaldaboath, same reasoning. But we have a weird feat that I will ask someone to calc later.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YeklrJJbOA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XA3oGm5u4Lk

He distorted reality for what seems to be the entire world, that part might be unquantifiable but the rain might be something we can look at.

At the very least, we can say that he is still capable of warping japan with his powers.

He and the MC will most likely get At Least Low 6-B, they are obviously beyond Shido, when the calc come back, I think we have a conclusive answer where to put the two.

Yaldaboath gets At Least Low 6-B with reality warping and the MC scales off him.

Again, when the calc comes back we can place the two conclusively in a tier.

I think the two will probably be in the 6-A range as well, considering how both P3 and P4 have final bosses that are High 6-A and are also gods, this will not be anything out of the ordinary

Anyway, this is a discussion, I want to hear your guys thoughts before I proceed.

Any questions that you may have regarding the feats above/scaling ask below.

Also if you dont like the scaling, please know P3 and P4 has this circular reasoning as well. If you dont like this scaling for reasons, then know we will have to fix the other two verses as well.

I was originally curious about Okumuru's Palace being a spaceport with blatant stars and other celestial objects, but Makoto stated that the space surrounding the spaceport wasn't a legitimate vacuum, so I'm hesitant to put them that far. Otherwise, some of the other Palace's are likely city level as well. Futaba's mirrors the Egyptian desert, has pyramids and a town in the distance (plus a sun, but refer to Makoto's statement). Kaneshiro's is a distorted version of an entire city (Shibuya I believe).

A few other small details is that one of Haru's grenade launchers says that it can burn down a town with its power, and model firearms become real in the Metaverse as it's a cognitive world. There still are some of the top tier spell such as Vacuum Wave that creates a tornado and Cosmic Flare which seems celestial in nature. Overall, decently powerful.

EDIT: Here's Yusuke's line about Shido's Palace to support the poster above's post-

Yusuke: "The entire nation is underwater in his Palace."

I wouldnt mind 4-A persona users. But we had a similar line with kaguya it seems. But we have mostly city size palaces The only exception might be Kamoshida. His palace was smaller and it was a castle, probably town to large town level range. But I dont want to calc the size of all the palaces, and those two references are the best we got sadly.

Going to bump this

Before I continue, the general outline would be for everyone

And I already did my attack potency earlier so I will skip that part.

Base | Persona

Speed: Athethic Human with Massively Hypersonic Reactions (Can react and dodge to natural lightning)

Lifting Strength: At Least Atheltic Human

Striking Strength; Class H, Likely Class KJ | At Least Class EJ, Likely Class ZJ

Durability: Street Level | At Least Mountain Level, Likely Small Country Level

Stamina: Superhuman (Can fight in the congitive world for multiple hours at a time.) | Unknown, Likely at the very least Superhuman

Range: Striking Distance, a few thousand feet with gun weaponry

Standard Equipment: (Insert character weapon of choice here. Yusuke is a katana, Ann a whip, Morgana a sword etc)

Intelligence: Ranges for Average (Ryuji is an example of this) to Genius with Futaba, since she is a hacker and knowledgable of many fields of research.

The Key is above btw

I might be willing to scale Ryuji to most of the main cast, who is probably Above Average in intelligence. Futaba is probably the only character in the main cast for sure that will be ranked Genius.

I might be okay with giving everyone a 9-C ranking in base with peak speed and strength.

Going to wait and hear more thoughts before I do so, otherwise they will be getting 10-A in base and ranked appropriately.

Hmm. Didn't the MC dodge laser in one of the palace? But it might have been aimdodging and I'm not sure if it was real.

KuuIchigo said:
Hmm. Didn't the MC dodge laser in one of the palace? But it might have been aimdodging and I'm not sure if it was real.
Do you remember the palace this was?

I think that palace was either Okumura or Shidou's.

But I am not sure.

Found it. I think it's aimdodging since he said to stand back. So he probably knew it was coming.

Edit: There is alot of dodging in the palace IIRC. I'll try to find them.

KuuIchigo said:
Found it. I think it's aimdodging since he said to stand back. So he probably knew it was coming.
Huh no wonder, my least favorite palace

Yeah, no. It is probably aimdodging

I think there isnt any other speed feats for this game in particular.

But MHS reactions is still impressive.

I asked Cal nicely if the end game feat about creating rain around the japan/world is quantifiable.

If so, we will probably upgrade Shido and MC to At Least Low 6-B, likely (insert calc result here if it is any higher)

If you two agree with the general rankings, I will proceed to write the profiles by tomorrow.

If you guys have any objections lemme know

The only thing that might merit an upgrade is their base tier, I might upgrade them to Street Level with Peak Human speed.

That attack that broke the sound barrier in persona 3 and 4 wasnt put in 4 so it wouldnt be fitting to give them supersonic for no reason.

Antvasima said:
KinkiestSins said:
Probably shouldn't be directly admiting this, but I am just ripping off speed from persona 3 and 4.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Yu_Narukami

A few more charas have this, so this is the best I got.
Okay. "Unknown (Can avoid natural lightning)" speed ratings might be more appropriate for the moment though.
Fine by me.

I will wait until their is a tad bit more discussion before I start though.

If he merged it with the entire Earth, I think that Planet level might be reasonable.

I wanted Cal to calc the rain of the entirity of the earth caused by the merging. I did some questionable math and I got planet levelish. I just didnt wanna bring it up because I honestly am unsure if that feat in particular can be quantified.

I guess to make it simple, I dont mind Planet Level Yaldaboath. I will do the profiles tomorrow if that is not a problem with any of you guys.

Lemme ask now Ant, Do you mind me also creating a verse page for persona? Since it is now distinct from Shin Megami Tensei, i thought it would be a good idea to bring it up now rather then later when there is like, 8 other personas.

I think that should probably be okay, yes.

SO question

But Shouldn't persona's and there compendulum count Towards the power of Joker and them?

The reason i ask because one of the Persona Mada (the ultimate of the tower persona IIRC)

Says "this infinite well of power...

Which can swallow the universe...

Shall become your mask..."

What it says is in refrence to it's compendulum entry which says

"A giant hindu monster. it's mouth is so enormous it can swallow the earth and the heavens in one bite. it's name means "He who intoxicates""

Granted Mada isn't depected as this big in game so you could argue this is just hyperbole and shouldn't be accounted for

But Hence my question

(Plus it's good for future refernece.)

@Jesterofgames No. Personas are merely the manifestation of someone's true self. There are not actually demons or gods, they only take the appearance of them. So in this case, you are not summoning Mada, but a persona that looks like him.

Now I will ask. Can someone calc th size of this ?

I believe this is a worldwide change and Yaldabaoth Merged both Momentos and the Real World.

For my personal opinion on this(I've actually played through this game twice.). Yaldabaoth and the MC w/Satanael would possibly be 5-B due to Yaldabaoth's merging feat. And if I remember correctly didn't Yaldabaoth create the Metaverse? Something in which I believe is around Planet sized, if not slightly smaller.

Aridwolverine said:
@Jesterofgames
No. Personas are merely the manifestation of someone's true self. There are not actually demons or gods, they only take the appearance of them. So in this case, you are not summoning Mada, but a persona that looks like him.
But persona's in this game are also's people cognition of said mythiologic being's

hence why persona's are also shadow's in the metaverse a place that is Nothing But cognitions (also possibly why you can swipe shadow's as persona's though i don't think it's ever explained why in game)

I believe the metaverse is identical in size with the planet, as its only an altered version of reality based on the human cognition.

Although personas are people's cognition of mythology beings, they do not share the same power level (otherwise we'd have multiversal persona characters, which I wouldn't mind)

Also personas are the same entities as shadows. Shadows are malevolent beings that attack others, while personas are those same beings but tamed and controlled by the user. IIRC they do explain it in game, but if you want an in depth explanation, you have to go the velvet room. When you sit on the bed, I think, you'll be given the option to ask the velvet twins questions about personas and shadows.

Why shouldn't they scale to the being's In mythology if they are what people think of said being's

I mean in the congnative world Fake Guns are dangerous Simply because They are precived as dangerous

Why shouldn't a being which people see as being able to destroy worlds Be able to destroy worlds Since people think of it as being able to do as such (at least in mythology)

ANd i know Shadow's and persona's are the same being (i've played persona 4 before)

I admit I Worded my self Badly in my comment What i meant to say was

Hence why shadow's Instead of being http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Magic_Hand

stuff like this

they are instead http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Titania

Stuff like actual mythological being or well not the actual mythological being I mean people's cognition of said mythological being

Considering that it would contradict the overall scale of the series too much, and left no damage to the environment, I do not think that we should take the visual effect seriously. 5-B seems fine though.

@Antvasima

No. That attack happens in the Metaverse, more particularly in one of the palaces. In the metaverse, reality is dictated by your mind / perception. For instance, a fake toy gun could actually work as a real gun in the metaverse if it's perceived as real and dangerous.

As for the palace's, their theme is determined by their ruler's mind and is formed from their cognition. Basically, they function as pocket dimensions that reflect their selves. Okumura's Palace is space themed.

And it is not a contradiction to the overall scale of the franchise. Persona 1 and 2 has Low 2-C entities in Philemon and Nyarlathotep, and the protagonists can face them. At the end of Persona 2 the universe is recreated, and Persona 3 onwards take place in that universe.

Due to that universal reset, it seems that Persona Users have become greatly degraded in power in comparison to 1 and 2. In the original PSX Persona games, every character can control multiple Personas and switch them at will. In Persona 3, the only character who can do that is Makoto Yuki / the Protagonist, and it is due to the special "Wild Card" ability. Also in Persona 3 and 4 the characters need emotional catalysts to summon Personas for the first time, while in P5 they can do it just by concentrating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T95iU5EMtfE&feature=youtu.be

I would also like to say during The attack morning star it appere's as if The persona is moving stars

Though I would also like to say i'm unsure of this And hence why i linked a video

Also Sorry for the crappy quality I'm forced to record off of my phone since i lack a capture card and atlus has blocked sharing or recording from the PS 4 for persona 5

Also during the attack comsic flare it looks like the persona's are causing a Supernova or something like that

However i don't have a video on hand about that sorry

Well there is also the fact of whether we should accept the protagonist of canonically having Lucifer with Morning Star. He'd have Cosmic Flare due to Satanael learning it naturally though. Also should we account attack animations?

@Dragon

We account Special Move animations for virtually every JRPG, from Final Fantasy to Disgaea. We should for Persona.

Specially since the fights take place in the Metaverse, where reality is what your mind dictates so there's no reason for the special moves to not be considered literal.

Okay then. I have no problems with scaling from Cosmic Flare and such. How would the normal party members scale? It is clear the MC with Satanael if far superior to them.

Well, from what I can gather...

Yaldabaoth = Embodies all 7 Sins.

Previous bosses = One sin each.

Only the protagonist with Satanael can defeat Yaldabaoth. The party should scale from the feats of all the other bosses' special moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back