• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Perry the Platypus upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol that's what I'm talking about.

However let's not spite poor TOAA by putting him against Perry. o v o

But anyways, are we upgrading him or no?

So 8-C AP/Dura, lots of people seem to agree on that

And since cannonballs are typically launched at 200 m/s, this would put Perry at Subsonic+

While Doof does have some Large Building feats, Ant seems to think that 8-C is more reasonable.

And the top portion of the building that is typically blown up following the "Curse you Perry the Platypus!" seems more like 8-C to me.

Depends on what other staff have to say. But I'm personally fine with either 8-C or High 8-C.

Well, I am uncertain if Doof's highest feats reach Large Building level, but if they do, I suppose that High 8-C might be in order after all.

Do you wish to make the changes to Perry's page Ryukama?

I linked to Doof getting stomped on by a robot that could crush other large buildings with his foot and rip them out the ground. But once again I am fine with 8-C as well. Your call.

Also what should I put for his speed? The cheese thing is unusable, but I think dodging a cannonball and catching a rocket can at least qualify for Superhuman. What about you?

I'll also keep his lifting strength as "Unknown" until Arbitrary's Class 1 calc gets more feedback.

We could go with high 8-C if you like, I just thought maybe it wasn't as consistent as his smaller feats but high 8-C could definitely work.

I am uncertain. Did the robot truly demolish entire large buildings in a single step? If so, I suppose that Doof qualifies.

I am also uncertain about the speed of dodging cannonballs and catching a rocket. It depends on their distance from Perry when he became aware of them. Subsonic perhaps?

It would be useful if we had an official page listing the speed of various projectiles for easy reference. I recall that somebody started a blog post for some archaic weaponry a few days ago.

@Ant the robot was about to crush a large building by stepping on it but was then stopped. Considering it actually was shown to casually rip large building out the ground with its bare hands, I believe it is reasonable to believe he would've sucessfully stomped it if not stopped.

According here cannonballs vary between 100 and 200 mps and Perry wasn't too far away from them.

Well I don't think anyone who wasn't superhuman could do such things, but if it'd be better to have an exact value or calc, I guess leaving it as Unknown for now is fine.

Well, "Likely at least Subsonic (Dodged a cannonball, and caught a rocket)" seems reasonable to me.

Sure thing thank you very much.

Sorry for being a bother but before I close this thread and conclude this. Do you think 8-C or High 8-C is better? Personally I believe both are fine and somewhat consistent.

I suppose that "At least 8-C. Possibly High 8-C" with added explanations, seems reasonable.

Sure thing then. Thank you. I'll adjust all the stats to your suggestions and keep LS unknown until the blog get's more input.

EDIT: Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back