• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Alright so looking at past matches for this lad, Headless said the following in the Jason vs Slender fight:

"He only starts with his hax when angry"

And since this Slendy doesn't get mad when someone knows more about them, then he won't get angry until the fight drags on.

As I said before, Pennywise always leads with Clairvoyance so he would know Slendy is a big problem and would lead with Deadlights or Mind Hax.

My vote goes to Pennywise.

Funnily enough I was waiting for Headless or that other guy that likes Slenderman to come around and vote for Slendy just so I can use that argument.

Anyways, 1 vote for Pennywise

Penny fra, Grey summed up my thoughts exactly.

Edit: Though assuming he doesn't fear anything seems like something you should prove, rather than the debaters, as he shows various human attributes such as anger, joy, disgust, curiosity, and sadness (though it was overshadowed by anger). Fear wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility, and is rather likely tbh. doesn't change the winner, just saying this though.

Slender in MBK's Lore is Ruthless but far from invincible. I guess the same could be said for movie Pennywise too, except Movie Pennywise seems to be effected by belief and fear. I don't believe MBK Slenderman has that same weakness. We also have to remember that Pennywise almost exclusively hunts and kills children. MBK's Slenderman, while also killing children actually fights monsters so I'd have reason to believe he could figure out Pennywise's limitations and maybe use it against him.

So I'll vote for Slendy here.

How would he do that before Deadlights or getting haxed? JTKS/MBK Slender is very very VERY against using his own hax, as shown when fighting Jeff (in which he was even injured) and didn't use mind hax or bfr the guy. He just let it happen. He only is shown using his mind hax on children (that isn't saying it can't be used on adults, it is just what happens in the series). He only used BFR on Eyeless Jack because EJ had just killed his dad, which means he wont have the same anger in this situation. He is ruthless, but that ruthlessness has mostly be shown on normal human victims, the majority being kids. MBK's weakness is he just in character doesn't use hax all that much. Though tbh not sure why people say Pennywise from the movies is so powerful if he can only effect those that are scared of him iirc, or something like that.

Though tbh not sure why people say Pennywise from the movies is so powerful if he can only effect those that are scared of him iirc, or something like that.
Precisely. Movie Penny is so underpowered compared to his book counterpart that despite his shapeshifting abilities, a lot of his strength comes from his intimidation factor. Especially towards children or mentally ill people. I don't know if you could do the same with MBKs Slendy tbh. Pennywise does have a lot of potential with his abilites that's why I originally was going to pick him but then I think about it and I realize even his Deadlights form in the 2018 film isn't really up to much. So I'll still go for Slendy in this case in terms of a simple 1 on 1 battle.

Pennywise is in-fact strong since it's a combination of belief and Deadlights. When you believe in what Pennywise is or have no idea what he can do, he can do basically anything including transforming into his true form or things that can tear people apart easily. That part is based on the assumptions of his form, however to add to this the Deadlights are for anyone who is dangerous or doesn't believe Pennywise is that menacing, and Pennywise pulls it out with little hesitation and instantly mindhaxes and incapacitates.

The thing is, would Slendy actually believe Pennywise to be a threat? Slenderman from MBK underestimates everyone. Anyone who isn't a part of his species he literally views as poo so i don't think the belief would work as well as it would on a human.

Dreaming Serpent said:
The thing is, would Slendy actually believe Pennywise to be a threat? Slenderman from MBK underestimates everyone. Anyone who isn't a part of his species he literally views as poo so i don't think the belief would work as well as it would on a human.
You see, that's what makes this fight in Pennywise's favor because anything that doesn't see him as a threat gets deadlighted instantly. So basically your arguing Pennywise will know Slendy isn't scared and gets mindhaxed right off the bat, hence my argument and Headless saying Pennywise would win, since Deadlights is independent to Pennywise's belief powers

I'll still cast a vote to Slendy. Movie Deadlights seem very weak and flaccid compared to the books.

Given that Zalgo (Who to be fair in MBK Lore, we only see Street Level feats and yet he was implied to have destroyed Slendy's reality) can influence multiple people at a time and talk smack about conquering worlds, and yet he hides from Slendy and his kind.

That implies to me that Zalgo is at least capable of combating creatures on a scale much superior to humans and given that he's running from Slendy that says a lot about Slendy and his influence.

So... I say Slendy instantly Incapacitates In character due to status effect but you vote for slendy because your comparing 1-A mindhax to at least a dozen person strong mindhax?

You have yet to put and argument on how Slendy doesn't just get instantly paralyzed by the deadlights or how he gets pass immortality type 2 and regen.

Well I mean Slendy doesn't even have any eyes so would it even work on him? Lol

But in a all seriousness, nowhere does it say or even imply that movie Pennywise has 1-A Mindhax. Literally all he fights are children and adults who aren't on peak strength.

Meanwhile Slendy fights creatures on a daily basis like Eyeless Jack and Jeffrey who can easily tear a normal human into tofu. So it's Implied Hax vs The Experience Shown. I don't buy movie Pennywise's Hax being that strong.

If it were that strong he wouldn't just be targeting the same group of kids.

Implied hax? First off have you seen It chapter 2? Because it's instantly casted and paralyzed Richie (a grown man) and if you want to say he's immune to deadlights, you kinda need resistance buddy and it's simply perceiving the deadlights that it catches you in its mindhax and Pennywise still has thought based casting dance mindhax that doesn't need deadlights.

And how is that strong enough to stop Slenderman? That's not even close to the level we're implying for it to work on a creature like Slender.

Slender has fought monsters. Pennywise has not. This is not an arugement because we've never seen Pennywise use his ability on something that is beyond Street Level. That's like saying movie Pennywise can beat Spiderman because of mindhaxx. Never mind that the main 616 Spiderman has fought entities with similar abilities to Pennywise before and has won.

Even if I were to wank Pennywise up to saying his Hax can work Penny isn't super invulnerable to anything The Slenderman can dish out on him.

The fact that Slenderman is on the offensive towards an entity that has implied to have destroyed his world/reality even if it is in a weakened state tells me that the Slenderman is a threat to thing that aren't just non-peaked people. Whereas Pennywise I'm only given glimpses of what he can do via through his actions in the film. And in the film he's a bottom feeder.

If we were talking about book "IT" this'd be a completely different story because Maturin and the Deadlights get way more expansion in the novel and I would be for the idea that Pennywise would absolutely DEMOLISH Slenderman here.

But we're not talking about book Penny. We're talking about the film's version/adaption of Pennywise and film Pennywise is flaccid by comparison.

You have yet to show me he resists the mind hax and you are simply saying "it just doesn't work and isn't strong enough, because Slendy has fought monsters before" but have yet to show me any resistance to mindhax and paralysis.

His hax is will instantly make Slendy incapacitated so it doesn't matter if he gets stabbed through the heart or head so long as he gets his hit in which his Regen and immortality basically makes it he will get 1 ability in.

Assuming mindhax doesn't work because "it's just not strong enough" and because no Form is chosen we will use Pennywise's 9-A spider form... so please tell me how Slendy fairs against a limp stretching massive foe with seemingly big AP and Durability advantage.

Why do I have to convince you? I thought I was just casting a vote? I'm not interested in changing your opinion. All you have to do is think about it logically.

Zalgo can manipulate people's thoughts and he's done so for people who are at stronger human strength. So we know Zalgo can infect and control people and machines to an extent. So Slendy should scale around his level if not higher. This isn't hard to conclude. I feel like I'm giving the simplest presentation and it's just going completely by your head. The Haxx that your talking about is inconsistent at best. It's not enough to present him with an easy K-O. And it's clear you're not going to think otherwise so why bother even trying to simplify it?

As far as I'm concerned, all Slendy has to do is call Penny something duragatory like in the movies and Penny is gone. For all of Penny's supposed Mindhaxx, that didn't save him from defeat. Meanwhile Slendy needs actual bluntforce to have him actually be defeated and you are fair to bring up that Slendy's form as a Spider is 9-A but if the match was going to be that easy then there wouldn't be a match like this presented now would it? This not a stomp and I've made my argument clear.

You say I've made no argument but I fail to see your argument in any meaningful way so I suppose this is where we just end it here.

Back