• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Penny Pincers: Mr. Krabs VS Scrooge McDuck (2017)

Last edited:
I'm betting on Krabs more often than not since he has higher regen, higher AP, and his robot form gives him immunity against Scrooge's Petrification (which only petrified organic matter) and Dreamcatcher (potentially). Though this depends on how likely Scrooge is going to open with his winning arsenal, but Krabs takes this for me with combat experience, and higher AP.

By the looks of things, Mr. Krabs has the AP advantage and the hax advantage, but Scrooge isn't likely to go down from that easily. Scrooge became as rich as he did by, and in HIS words, being "tougher than the toughies and sharper than the sharpies." While Mr. Krabs is tough (as his best feat was demolishing an entire zombie apocalypse single-handedly), he isn't anywhere near sharp as he can get easily manipulated by money. Mr. Krabs is quick to panic just from the act of having a single dollar bill rendered useless by being chopped up in a blender, not to mention that he fell into a seemingly-endless coma from having all of his net worth of a measly $1,000,000 thrown into a dump. Like, bruh, $1,000,000 is just bacteria compared to Scrooge's wealth of trillions to sextillions of dollars. Bear in mind, Scrooge McDuck willingly gave up a jewel worth far more than $1M (the Jewel of Atlantis) in order to have it turned into a hydroelectricity generator for Duckburg, something Krabs would've been far too cheap to do.

While Mr. Krabs does have regen, I have my doubts that it would actually apply to his robotic form, as all his regen feats are listed for his organic self. Should the regen be purely an organic thing, I don't see what's stopping Scrooge McDuck from just distracting Mr. Krabs with a $20 bill and breaking through his armor with a sneak-attack from behind. If that wouldn't work, well, his best bet is to seal Mr. Krabs with his #1 dime. How it managed to seal someone seemingly more powerful than Scrooge is, i.e. Magica de Spell, is something we haven't really figured out, but he'll figure out something.

With that said, I think Scrooge McDuck will win through his advantages in cunning and, if nothing else, sealing (which Krabs has no resistance to).

Last edited:
I’ll have to give this to Scourge.

Yeah, I don’t see Regen applying to his Robotic key.

Scourge FRA

Yeah, I gotta give this one to Scrooge. He has some pretty good abilities that might give Krabs the defeat such as Sleep Inducement and/or Sealing.

EDIT: Actually, I'm unsure if Sleep Inducement might help considering Krabs in this form is a robot (even though he's still sentient and living), but sealing and cunning battle prowess is just as adequate anyways.

Mr. Krabs FRA.

I don't think Scrooge being more richer and generous is a very good argument for him to take this. While yes, Mr. Krabs is quite greedy and his money obsession can take the best of him, it could also just enrage him which could be to his advantage.

Last edited:
So Scrooge wins by.... being more generous with his money? What?

Anyways, I'm still counting Krabs as having Regen. His profiles says he has all of his previous powers, so that's what I'm going with.

I'm not so sure about Petrification, but any Mind Manipulation stuff needs feats that it can work on unorganic beings, so the Dreamcatcher is out.

How much money Mr Krabs has abd hiw successful he is depends on the episode. Sure, in that particular episode, he's shown as having money in his matress, but previous and later episodes show him not having a matress at all, instead sleeping in a hammock. Spongebob runs on negative continuity, making feats and anti-feats difficult to judge.

Furthermore, it's far more consistent for Krabs to be shown as a shrewd businessman man. He runs the most successful restaurant in Bikini Bottom and regularly outsmarts the mad scientist living next door who troes to steal his recipie. And this is ignoring his more one off feats, such as apparently being in the Navy, fighting through an army of skeletons, tricking the Flying Dutchman (who only saw through it thanks to the receptionist), turning the Krusty Krab from a run down retirement home into a thriving business, etc.

Scrooge is more experienced and smarter. He's more successful, level headed, and fights greedy guys with magic powers on a regular basis. But, the gap isn't as big as it's being depicted as and Krabs is stronger, haxier, and has regeneration that he can't bypass. Petrification may work, but if it does, it's his one win condition. We have no idea how his sealing works and I'm assuming Time Travel isn't something he does in character (even assuming he'd know where to go with it if it was).

Voting Krabs.

So Scrooge wins by.... being more generous with his money? What?
You misread my post. The point I wasn't "Scrooge is more generous." It was "Scrooge can make use of his cunning to use Mr. Krabs' often-crippling money-based weakness against him." Bearing in mind this is the same crab who often had scenes (trading his best cook for 62 cents) or even entire episodes revolving around some bad business decisions he made (like cutting corners in an entire colosseum's pipeline for instance).

I'm going vote Scrooge FRA

Mr. Krabs being robotic means his regen likely not applies here, and like other people said, he would be easily distracted by money, which Scrooge have more of that probably anyone else

Wait hang on no, Mr. Krabs still should retain some of his Hax from his base counterpart and Sealing will be very much countered by his teleporting unless the sealing has properties that don't allow him to. Krabs also has some overlooked hax here.

And among other things, Krabs could eventually curb stomp
a Sponge Bob thread has yet to be confirmed with A WHOLE SLEW OF FEATS. With the summoning of higher ups seemingly not responding to it as we could use a bit of aid here.

And while the more over the top feats such as 'the sun running' or 'surviving the end of the universe by string' are considered outliers, there are some that could still work here, especially the newly found info on the pie bomb.

Back