• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently, Peak Human LS caps out at 545.2 kg due to JF Caron's hummer tire deadlift. Recently though, a man named Rauno Heinla was able to surpass this weight in the Silver Dollar Deadlift, managing to lift up 580 kg. Here's an article about it as well

This would bump up Peak Human LS by a solid 35 kg. Wouldn't change much, but it would slightly reduce the size of Class 1 (And honestly at the rate these records are being broken, I doubt we'll even need Class 1 anymore soon)

I've said it before: what we choose to use as our baseline for the top of human strength is very arbitrary. The deadlift world record or the hummer tire world record or the 18 inch world record all can serve that purpose. They're all different lifts even if they're vaguely similar movements. Same goes for the sumo deadlift world record.

I've said it before: what we choose to use as our baseline for the top of human strength is very arbitrary. The deadlift world record or the hummer tire world record or the 18 inch world record all can serve that purpose. They're all different lifts even if they're vaguely similar movements. Same goes for the sumo deadlift world record.
So how come we wouldn't be able to use this guys deadlift? Sure, all of them can serve that pourpose, but this guys' is technically the heaviest deadlift preformed ever, so why not use this one?

We could. I'm not very opinionated on which to pick to represent our strength standards.

But an 18 inch deadlift is a very different beast from a standard height one.

Man these weightlifting records keep getting broken every month
501 deadlift was set in 2020 and no one's gotten it since. Before that, the 500 was lifted in 2016 and it took four years to be broken. If anything we're seeing a bit of a drought in record breaking rn

Last edited:
501 deadlift was set in 2020 and no one's gotten it since. Before that, the 500 was lifted in 2016 and it took four years to be broken. If anything we're seeing a bit of a drought in record breaking rn
Damn that was THAT long ago? I still remember when that happened 😭😭

Absolutely not.

The guy in the video is using a multi-ply compressed bench shirt. A good multi-ply shirt will not even let you bring the bar down to your body unless you've got a couple hundred kilograms on it, that's how much mechanical tension it provides. The guy is still absurdly strong but this is an extremely assisted lift. You wouldn't count someone using a powered exoskeleton to assist with lifting weight, and neither should you count this, at least not for the standards of our strength page.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back