• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Till Death Do Us Blart - Paul Blart Downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armorchompy

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
And yes, I do hate my life. I don't even like the movie I'm just going off the profile. Third Butters downgrade thread if you're keeping count

Abilities:​

Superhuman Physical Characteristics - We'll see about that
Martial Arts (Fought with trained fighters and won) - I'd like a source but eh, it's ok ig
Pressure Points (Has incapacitated people) - That means nothing. Should be removed.
Enhanced Senses (Could tell someone wasn't a security guard simply by the type of metal on their badge, estimated age, and knowledge or the age requirement for being a security guard) - Intelligence feat, nothing more. Should be removed
Acrobatics (Surprisingly adept at parkour) - Sure ig
Vehicular Mastery (Extremely skilled when riding a Segway), Stealth Mastery, Weapon Mastery (Clever in weaponizing things around a mall), Limited Electricity Manipulation with Taser - All fine I think

Stats:​

Speed: "Subsonic (In surprisingly great physical condition, Easily outran several cops in training during a training course, Reacted to bullets)" First two are Athletic Human feats, third one doesn't have a source and isn't in the linked respect thread. Considering it seems to be a fairly thorough respect thread and that it would be by far his best speed feat, the logical conclusion is that Butters either made it up or greatly exaggerated it. Should be downgraded to Athletic Human

Lifting Strength seems fine

Durability/Attack Potency:​

"Survived a kick from a Horse with minimal injury" - Seems legit, dude flew several meters
"Hit the ground after jumping off of a moving car and was unhurt" - Looks more 9-C but should be fine
"Rammed into a van and dented it" - Literally means nothing lmao, that's a relatively small dent.
"Fell through a ceiling, which should be comparable to making man-sized holes." - Except it shouldn't, cause that's drywall
"Shattered a glass roof followed by taking a 3 story fall and wasn't hurt" - No source makes me a little suspicious of it but eh
"Took hits from a guy who could break through a Glass elevator" - Those things are made to be relatively easily shattered so no
"Got hit by a car and was fine" - Car was slowing down, seems 9-C at best
"Can fight with people able to hurt him" - Makes sense
"Broke through a window with bars just by falling on it" - Shouldn't scale to normal AP"
"Knocked someone out by laying on top of them" - Same as above

Durability and AP should be fine, I just think some of the feats should be removed.

Last edited:
There was another thread like this pre forum move. But it never went anywhere, but here is something in the thread

"On that 3 storey part (assuming it's valid)

a storey is 4.3 meters, 3 is 12.9

Kevin James is 95 Kilograms, though I dunno if that's what it was at the time of the movie, whatever I'll use it

95 times 12.9 times 9.81 is...

12022.155 Joules, Street level+

That also assumes he fell flat on his face and didn't roll to shift the momentum and not have all the energy/force directly go into him"

I agree with the rest

Meh, one legit 9-B feat plus some 9-C stuff should be good enough for a rating

I noticed that all of Paul's wall level "attacks" are all him falling or slamming into things accidentally

Also "Enhanced Senses" Isn't superhuman or even extraordinary. This seems like pretty par for the job description.

Yeah the attacks are among the feats that should be removed, but durability's fine and AP scales from that. As for Enhanced Senses yeah I said we should remove it

maybe yeah. though if his durability is 9-C i'd make his AP 10-A cause it's clearly below his durability

It's been pointed out to me that being flung that distance in the horse feat is closer to high end 9-C than 9-B, so if we wanna play it safe we oughta make him that

This seems fine and uncontroversial to apply for me as well.

Yeah, if there's any Mall Cop megafan they can make their own thread ig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back