• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I don't know if experience really matters in this matchups. His experience is between hand to hand combat, something he can't do with Dio because he'll freeze his body on contact. He doesn't know that so he probably dies after he throws a kick and Dio catches it.

>and Dio catches it

The issue with that is that Scorpion's main tactic involves teleport spamming and striking from multiple angles, something Dio hasn't dealt with before, especially as early as Phantom Blood.

>Catching Scorpion's spear and yanking it

Scorpion teleports and avoids getting hit. GG

There's also Scorpion's fireballs, Hellfire attacks and clone summoning that Dio has to deal with. And before you tell me about how Dio fought while on fire and is therefore capable of ignoring flame damage, Scorpion's hellfire is capable of melting all of the flesh off City Block level+ characters in an instant, something Dio has never withstood and is most definitely not going to get up from.

With speed equal, projectile spamming a couple of chains from angles at a time and dodging them is not an impossible thing for an average athletic person to avoid let alone Dio Brando, star of the rugby team turned vampire. He definitely has the skill necessary to dodge and catch them if he so wishes. Plus, Dio and DIO don't have much difference in combat experience. I guess DIO had fought Jotaro and Joseph, but he seemed to have handled Kakyoin's danmaku extremely well despite never have going up against an attack like that. Dio should be fine, if not better because he didn't have a 100 year gap of inactivity.

>Scorpion teleports

With his chain in hand? Not before Dio freezes him. He could freeze Dire entirely who was an inch away from obliterating Dio. He grabs his chain and freezes him before he could teleport away.

In the same way Sub Zero can resist his hellfire with his ice, Dio can simply flash freeze areas of his body against incoming attacks. Dio is extremely intelligent so its something he could do feasibly. I don't know if Scorpions clones are real or just fire clones. If they are real, Dio quickly drains them of blood and makes a zombie army.

He handled Kakyoin's attack because he was able to stop time, not because of some inherent dodging skill on his part.

Trained ninja with decades of fighting experience and teleportation > the star of a rugby team

>With his chain in his hand?

Yeah. He can bring items with him when he teleports. He even used his teleportation to grab his own sword that was in Raiden's hand and teleport away with it.

Show me a feat of Phantom Blood Dio defeating an army of City Block level+ individuals, with combat skill comparable to Scorpion's, in that fashion, without getting overwhelmed. I'll wait.

Show me a feat of Phantom Blood Dio's ice holding up against fire that can vape the flesh of a City Block level+ opponent in an instant, or better. I'll wait for that too.

This is not stopping time, this is reacting and blocking Kakyoin's danmaku. Despite both fighters/attacks being similar if not equal speeds, he handled the sheer amount of projectiles with little difficulty. I have my doubts a couple of chains are going to be a problem for him just because he launched them on an angle. He just sidesteps and grabs it.

That's... not what I'm comparing? There's an upper limit to how creative and trained you can get when launching your spear chains out of your arms. His experience means nothing in overwhelming Dio in that aspect. What, is he going to make the chains do a couple of twirls, stop for a second then continue, grab a cup of coffee and THEN hit Dio? Of course not, he's going to make them lunge towards his opponents center mass,as displayed in every single iteration of Mortal Kombat. So yes, any reasonable athlete or rugby player can dodge or evade the spears given a fair distance (assuming speed equal)

That's great I guess, the moment Dio catches the chain he's going to be freezing Scorpion entirely. From there the fight is as good as over; Scorpion can teleport away but Dio is still going to be connected to the chain so he still freezes.

You know, feats aren't impressive without context. I pressed a button on my desk. It nuked an army of 8-A fighters. I guess I am now comparable to 100+ 8-A fighters in terms of skill, right? I'll wait till you actually source your argument for once.

According to the Mortal Kombat wiki, Sub-Zero uses a flash freeze process to create his ice and ice blast attacks. His ice has demonstrated the ability to nullify or counter Scorpion's hellfire. Dio uses an identical process for his vaporizing freeze. (This is the chapter you want to check out if you wish to read more about the ability.) Therefore it stands to reason his vaporizing freeze (which freezes parts of his own body) is comparable enough to Sub-Zero which can withstand Scorpion's flames.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Does Dio really flash freeze his whole body? He only does that with his hands when he catches things like Dire's legs.
Dio is intelligent enough to realize that an opponent launching fire hot enough to warp the air around him is probably going to burn through whatever part of the body it threatens. He's also smart enough to realize that he can protect himself by simply freezing it. He has stated he has total control of his body, so it's feasible.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
I forgot to mention that Scorpion can channel hellfire through the chains btw
Yes he has the ability, but traditionally I have not seen him throw his chains out with fire straight away. I've checked every iteration of the game and have not seen it on fire; I'm sure it can but it's just out of character for him to use it immediately.

True, but I think he'll be frozen before he can get the opportunity to do so. It's also out of character for Scorpion to, you know, not kill his opponent if he can.

This is Scorpion prior to the events of MKX, he was a really angry wraith with evil intent. He should kill anyone who isn't with Quan Chi or his allies.

And Dio freezing the chains will cause Scorps to counter them with his hellfire, he can summon hellfire from below as well.

Correct, so intentional BFR is out of the question.

How fast is his hellfire? Dio's freeze is fast enough to blitz a character who was much faster than him. With speed equal, it will be even more of a problem for Scorpion.

His regen is enough to beat the burn, but it's hellfire. Scorpion instantly summons it below him. I doubt Dio will see that, unlike Dire when he walked up to him and did a fast attack that Dio can see.

His regen is enough to beat the burn, but it's hellfire. Scorpion instantly summons it below him. I doubt Dio will see that, unlike Dire when he walked up to him and did a fast attack that Dio can see.

False, we've already established he can counter the fire. Furthermore being on fire doesnt make you weigh more or impare your ability to fly, not when you have immunity to pain.

Except you haven't established that. High-Mid regen isn't enough to overcome being vaporized down to your skeleton and then having your bones crumble to ash. Even if it was, Dio's never regenerated from that much damage to his body at once within a combat-applicable period.

The speed of Dio's freeze doesn't matter. Speed is equalized.

A spear from behind requires Dio to turn around in order to see it coming. Polnareff managed to land a headshot on Part 3 Dio (who, as you say, is not that much different from Part 1 Dio in terms of experience) while attacking from behind. Scorpion can do the same.

And no, Scorpion doesn't always aim for center mass. A fair number of his Fatalities show him aiming for limbs and even impaling people's heads with it.

>Dio still holding onto the spear when Scorpion teleports

Wrong. If Scorpion teleports, the spear comes with him. Not Dio. Raiden was holding onto Scorpion's sword (which was also impaled through the former's midsection) when Scorpion came back and teleported away with it, and he was left right where he was, pissed off and wishing he could get his hands on him.

This is every Fatality Scorpion has ever done. His feat of vaping the flesh off people comparable to himself is seen within the first three games, and his ability to summon multiple clones at once comes from MK3. These are all things he could definitely do in a fight, with only in-game mechanics preventing him from doing so.

Considering the fact that MK characters retained all of their old abilities after the timeline changed in MK9 (MK9 is technically set in the past of MK Armageddon), Scorpion should still have all of this at his disposal.

I don't know, I'm basing this off of his profile.

Anyways, if its not hellfire, then its fire that's hot enough to burn people to their skeleton. He did that to the Elder Sub-Zero in MK9, leaving his fleshless spine.

Which one makes it a stomp? Hellfire or him burning people to their skeleton? Because I think High-Mid lets you regen from being burned to a skeleton but you need to preserve the organs in your skull to regen actually.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
This is every Fatality Scorpion has ever done. His feat of vaping the flesh off people comparable to himself is seen within the first three games, and his ability to summon multiple clones at once comes from MK3. These are all things he could definitely do in a fight, with only in-game mechanics preventing him from doing so.

Considering the fact that MK characters retained all of their old abilities after the timeline changed in MK9 (MK9 is technically set in the past of MK Armageddon), Scorpion should still have all of this at his disposal.

I don't know if most of the fatalities are canon, but I guess MrKing is right. It's game mechanics that doesn't let him do such things. I don't think this makes it a stomp though.

Of course he can't turn into a scorpion, but the ones that involve him using his equipment or powers, he can definitely do that.

I sign off for a bit and everyone agrees with his strawman???

Give me a bit and I'll babysit you through the logic again.

an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument
~ Definition of strawma​
Either you don't know the meaning of the term, or you're just using it to make my argument seem weaker. Either way, I haven't used one of these at any point during the debate.

Also, feel free to check your tone. You're not above anyone else here, so you'd do well to stop acting like it.

>Except you haven't established that. High-Mid regen isn't enough to overcome being vaporized down to your skeleton and then having your bones crumble to ash.

This is never an argument I made, you can scroll up and try to quote me on that. This is a strawmman; you created an argument for me that I didn't make and then destroyed it thus making you seem 'successful'. This should be basics for any staff member, let alone a discussion moderator.

Furthermore I HAVE established how he can survive his flames, you just chose not to read it:

According to the Mortal Kombat wiki, Sub-Zero uses a flash freeze process to create his ice and ice blast attacks. His ice has demonstrated the ability to nullify or counter Scorpion's hellfire. Dio uses an identical process for his vaporizing freeze. (This is the chapter you want to check out if you wish to read more about the ability.) Therefore it stands to reason his vaporizing freeze (which freezes parts of his own body) is comparable enough to Sub-Zero which can withstand Scorpion's flames.

>A spear from behind requires Dio to turn around in order to see it coming. Polnareff managed to land a headshot on Part 3 Dio (who, as you say, is not that much different from Part 1 Dio in terms of experience) while attacking from behind. Scorpion can do the same.

The fight starts with both fighters facing each other, if he sees Scorpion teleport away he's going to be on-guard. The only reason why Polnareff even stabbed DIO in the first place was because he was pre-occupied, but of course you're going to neglect that in order to strengthen your argument.

>This is every Fatality Scorpion has ever done. His feat of vaping the flesh off people comparable to himself is seen within the first three games, and his ability to summon multiple clones at once comes from MK3. These are all things he could definitely do in a fight, with only in-game mechanics preventing him from doing so.

Still considered an out-of-character move in general, especially when he wouldn't deem it necessary when fighting a single foe. In a majority of his fights both in-game and out, he does not create clones.

Probably important to mention that if Scorpion is really playing the keep away game by teleporting and trying to stab him with his chains, Dio can just look at him and end the fight with his mindhax. He can mindcontrol an individual just by looking at them, he's done it right off the bat to Poco (a little boy) and Jack the Ripper.

From there it's an incap but he's probably going to freeze him and kick him to pieces. That or drain his blood.

"According to the Mortal Kombat wiki, Sub-Zero uses a flash freeze process to create his ice and ice blast attacks. His ice has demonstrated the ability to nullify or counter Scorpion's hellfire. Dio uses an identical process for his vaporizing freeze. (This is the chapter you want to check out if you wish to read more about the ability.) Therefore it stands to reason his vaporizing freeze (which freezes parts of his own body) is comparable enough to Sub-Zero which can withstand Scorpion's flames."

You're missing some vital information, my dude.

Sub-Zero's ice has shown direct superiority over Scorpion's hellfire exactly one time in the current timeline, and that was when he was amped by the Blood Magik of the Kamidogu. This temporary power-up was also what allowed him to freeze-shatter entire buildings and pull this off, neither of which he was capable of prior to that.

And in the old timeline, Sub-Zero was the wielder of the Dragon Medallion, which explicitly enhances its owner's abilities. So comparing Dio to that version of him doesn't fly either.

Even if all of this weren't the case, you really think Dio is going to freeze his entire bloodstream solid in order to protect himself from being bodily-vaporized by a fire attack he knows nothing about? While having no prior knowledge whatsoever in this fight, and despite never once doing something like that against any form of flame in-canon? I highly doubt it.

"The fight starts with both fighters facing each other, if he sees Scorpion teleport away he's going to be on-guard. The only reason why Polnareff even stabbed DIO in the first place was because he was pre-occupied"

Dio being on-guard doesn't matter when he has no way of telling where he's going to be attacked from, what part of his body is going to be hit, or what's going to hit him.

"Still considered an out-of-character move in general, especially when he wouldn't deem it necessary when fighting a single foe. In a majority of his fights both in-game and out, he does not create clones."

This is the being he's bonded with, summoning demons for the sake of incapacitation.

This is Scorpion himself doing the same to Sub-Zero, summoning undead beings to hold him in place.

Being up against one opponent doesn't matter. He's willing to do what he has to in order to win, even if it means resorting to a forced numbers advantage.

The other Fatalities aren't OOC for him either. He used his "Skull Flamethrower" attack to kill Bi-Han, for example.

Back