• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
High 8-C Scorpion and Phantom Blood Dio are used here.

Speed Equal.

Battle takes place in Dio's Castle (Think that's what it was) at night.

Dio: 1

Scorpion: 7

Last edited:
Following, If Dio does get sent to the netherrealm he could get done in via passive corruption and transmutation iirc. Scorp mainly does teleporting and spear throwing but I think if Dio gets his hands on him once its freeze gg possibly. Not voting just talking here

Can he not counter it via hellfire?
I mean, that would just melt whatever is frozen, off. It doesn’t really help. Like, if his arm was frozen, all of it is frozen, not just the surface, so melting that would simply remove it. you still have an unusable stump

Scorpion has already faced enemies like Sub-Zero, who until then reached temperatures close to absolute zero or higher (I don't know if they changed that). And during these fights, the cold rarely seemed to be an issue, aside from the experience against ice users.

I vote for Scorpion, and the reason is the experience and better counters to deal with Dio's arsenal.

Scorpion has already faced enemies like Sub-Zero, who until then reached temperatures close to absolute zero or higher (I don't know if they changed that). And during these fights, the cold rarely seemed to be an issue, aside from the experience against ice users.

I vote for Scorpion, and the reason is the experience and better counters to deal with Dio's arsenal.
I wouldn’t be so sure. Firstly, dios ice powers are not obvious at all. All scorpion would see is the enemy is trying to make contact. That only tells him that dio has a melee option. Unless Scorpion resists it, which I’m pretty sure he doesn’t, a good touch is all it will take to badly freeze him.

I wouldn’t be so sure. Firstly, dios ice powers are not obvious at all. All scorpion would see is the enemy is trying to make contact. That only tells him that dio has a melee option. Unless Scorpion resists it, which I’m pretty sure he doesn’t, a good touch is all it will take to badly freeze him.
I'm not exactly sure why, but Scorpion doesn't have frost resistance in profile. Considering the rival is an ice user, shouldn't he own it?

Dio might be a tricky opponent on his own, but Scorpion outclasses him in many other fields.
Scorpion is much more skilled in pure combat, focused and is a seasoned warrior with decades of experience against opponents with all kind of weird powers, so Dio's are neither nothing new nor anything more deadly than he's already faced, while Dio is quite overconfident and has little experience, havign relied more on his superiority over his enemies.
Scorpion also holds the ap advantage, since he scales to 6 tons while Dio to 2, is more agile and mobile with his acrobatics, ninja training and teleportation, and doesn't have half measures when it comes to kill an opponent like Dio.

Scorpion has the advantage in range, having weapons and projectiles, and although Dio's regen can counter a lot of mundane wounds, he still takes time to reattach body parts, and Scorpion can incapacitate and straight up kill him with his fire. I know Dio used to heal faster than fire could burn him in his first quarrel with Jonathan, but Scorpion's fire has shown multiple times to be hot enough to burn clean through comparable opponents, reducing them to skeletons o just leave visible burned holes with simple fireballs. Scorpion can also summon fire below Dio, send minions against him, use his illusionary clones and charge at him while in the form of a intangible but burning skeleton.

Dio has a big advantage in LS and more than one way to kill Scorpion, but he falls short in so many aspects that it is unlikely for him to snatch the victory.

That's not really a fair analysis, you missed a few things.
Such as Dio having mindhax and Scorpion lacking any resistance to it, if Dio wanted, he could end the fight with mere eye contact, and it's not even that OOC, if he takes a liking to Scorpion, whether it be just his power or his ruthlessness it's something he'd do.
Corruption and biological manip as well, which Scorpion lacks any resistance toward.
Things like SRSE which actually pushes the projectile range in Dio's favor, not Scorpion (If it matters, Dio canonically makes an effort to aim for the brain to destroy it while using this).
And while Scorpion does have experience dealing with flash freeze, it's still true that one touch from Dio is enough to flash freeze him completely solid, even after contact has ceased as shown with Dire and it's not even him that has to make contact, Scorpion can initiate touching him and it'd be enough to proc it.

Dio has also survived coming back from an immolated charred remains, though that drained him so might not be helpful.

Dio also has good acrobatics though he never really uses them, it's still something he has, even basic vampires have some wacky acrobatic feats.

Intangibility and Illusionary clones shouldn't be an issue, Dio should have some NPI and enhanced senses should be able to counter illusions (Able to smell things like the blood within a person's body from a distance and through obstacles, among other such things), though idk if Part 1 Dio has NPI, he should but I'm not sure if it's listed (Though I know Part 3 Dio has NPI himself), been busy with other verses atm.

Scorpion definitely has the AP and skill advantage, and fire is definitely helpful and could probably net a win if the fight goes on, but you do be selling Dio a bit short.

Last edited:
Voting Dio, via Flash freezing Scorpion the moment Scorpion makes contact ( even if Scorpion uses a weapon, the ice transfers through the weapon and still freezes you like what happened to Jonathan) throw in his eye contact based mind manip, tendrils, Regen, way better LS and sudden and surprising Space Ripper Stingy Eyes, and he takes this 7/10

What's Scorpion's lead actually?
Dio just spams flash freeze, though he'll mindhax if he takes a liking. What's Scorpion's MO?

Such as Dio having mindhax and Scorpion lacking any resistance to it, if Dio wanted, he could end the fight with mere eye contact, and it's not even that OOC, if he takes a liking to Scorpion, whether it be just his power or his ruthlessness it's something he'd do.
This is true, but he needs to do it like, at the beginning of the fight, because after that making clear eye contact in the midst of the battle is going to be difficult. Dio's also a showoff, and might prefer try to kill him and prove his superiority, like he did several times against even weaker enemies.

Corruption and biological manip as well, which Scorpion lacks any resistance toward.
These aren't really combat applicable, Biological is him working on helpless bodies, and Corruption requires him to have a hold of the opponent, which is going to be extremely difficult.
Dio has a great LS advantage, true, but Scorpion can teleport, shoot fire from his mouth, envelop himself in a fiery tornado, transmit his fire through his chain if Dio grabs it or resists a pull and summon minions. Paradoxically, Dio landing a clear hold on Scorpion could turn against him in many ways.

Things like SRSE which actually pushes the projectile range in Dio's favor, not Scorpion (If it matters, Dio canonically makes an effort to aim for the brain to destroy it while using this).
The SRSE is a desperation move and Dio's only option and as far we know he doesn't fire it like a machine gun, while Scorpion can spam fireballs, flame beams (which he can shoot like a flamethrower from his hands and mouth), demonic minions from all directions, summon scorching flames from below Dio's feet and dodge with acrobatics, intangibility and teleportation.
Scorpion also managed to deflect his past self's chain from very close range while it was coming from behind him, and given his AP advantage, it shouldn't be difficult for him to parry the SRSE. There's also the fatc that basically everyone in MK uses projectiles, from guns to superpowers, and while it doesn't make Scorpion immune to ranged attacks, it still means he's quite experienced with a variety of them.

And while Scorpion does have experience dealing with flash freeze, it's still true that one touch from Dio is enough to flash freeze him completely solid, even after contact has ceased as shown with Dire and it's not even him that has to make contact, Scorpion can initiate touching him and it'd be enough to proc it.
Jonathan was able to free himself just by heating the tip of a sword with a common flame, and unless Scorpion gets frozen solid completely and knocked out (something that Dio didn't do even against Dire), Scorpion can just heat himself up, summon said fire tornado around him or teleport away, and still attack as long as his head is free.

Dio has also survived coming back from an immolated charred remains, though that drained him so might not be helpful.
It also took time.

Intangibility and Illusionary clones shouldn't be an issue, Dio should have some NPI and enhanced senses should be able to counter illusions (Able to smell things like the blood within a person's body from a distance and through obstacles, among other such things), though idk if Part 1 Dio has NPI, he should but I'm not sure if it's listed (Though I know Part 3 Dio has NPI himself), been busy with other verses atm.
Part 1 Dio doesn't have NPI, at least as of now.
Scorpion's illusions are more like quick tricks, he creates a duplicate that goes for a high attack, while the real Scorpion goes for a low, or viceversa and so on. They are sudden and last the time of an attack, and Dio doesn't seem to have specific counters that allow him to either be immune or detect the real one on the fly, other than just pure guessing and smarts.

Voting Dio, via Flash freezing Scorpion the moment Scorpion makes contact ( even if Scorpion uses a weapon, the ice transfers through the weapon and still freezes you like what happened to Jonathan) throw in his eye contact based mind manip, tendrils, Regen, way better LS and sudden and surprising Space Ripper Stingy Eyes, and he takes this 7/10
Scorpion can cover himself and his weapons in fire, more than enough to bypass Dio's freezing which was countered by common fire, which isn't really that instantaneous, since Jonathan chopped away his arm cleanly, and got his sword frozen only when it remained stuck in Dio's body.
Scorpion can also do this and this with his chain, and has got at more than one weapon and several ranged options without them, so losing one or more tools isn't going to declare his defeat.
I've already talked about the other points, while the tendrils aren't a problem, Scorpion can burn them away, dodge them as he can dodge everything else, and use the rest of his arsenal.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back