• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I love how you just casually show that delicious completely bonkers MK scaling with Scorpion portaling and actually dealing damage to Raide

The PIS is to be ignored, obviously. The scan isn't meant to demonstrate AP.

Also, I don't even care if it scales. That ass-beating was one of the most awesome moments in MK canon.

EDIT: That was also done by Scorpion in his third key IIRC, so we'd only be using this to gauge tactics for this fight anyway. (Since it's not like Scorpion's personality and combat strategy changed between keys or something)

Scorpion can just launch a hellfire ball, right? He did that to Kenshi before unleashing his chains in the first MKX mission, and Scorps was still a spectre that time.

>Sub-Zero's ice has shown direct superiority over Scorpion's hellfire exactly one time in the current timeline, and that was when he was amped by the Blood Magik of the Kamidogu. This temporary power-up was also what allowed him to freeze-shatter entire buildings and pull this off, neither of which he was capable of prior to that.

And in the old timeline, Sub-Zero was the wielder of the Dragon Medallion, which explicitly enhances its owner's abilities. So comparing Dio to that version of him doesn't fly either.

That's nice and all, but pre-dragon medallion Sub-Zero was still able to counter Scorpion's hellfire with his flash freezing. Both Bi-Han (who never had the dragon medallion AFAIK), Noob Saibot (after his death) and Kuai Liang were all able to counter it with their ice. So yes, before it recieved an explicit amp it could already counter it.

>Even if all of this weren't the case, you really think Dio is going to freeze his entire bloodstream solid in order to protect himself from being bodily-vaporized by a fire attack he knows nothing about? While having no prior knowledge whatsoever in this fight, and despite never once doing something like that against any form of flame in-canon? I highly doubt it

He doesn't have to freeze his entire body, he has shown that he can freeze parts of it like an arm. I think that if for some reason he doesn't insta mindhax Scorpion, then he'lll dodge the fireball or tank it. If he tanks it he'll quickly start to vaporize, but can stop it by freezing the inflicted parts quickly. From there he can regenerate from his wounds.

>Dio being on-guard doesn't matter when he has no way of telling where he's going to be attacked from, what part of his body is going to be hit, or what's going to hit him.

Two of those show characters being pre-occupied and all three of those don't have any context behind them, so another throwaway point. Yes, if Dio is occupied or busy Scorpion can get him with a portal chain. If not then he's going to have a hard time with his super hearing and general combat skill.

>This is the being he's bonded with, summoning demons for the sake of incapacitation. This is Scorpion himself doing the same to Sub-Zero, summoning undead beings to hold him in place. Being up against one opponent doesn't matter. He's willing to do what he has to in order to win, even if it means resorting to a forced numbers advantage. The other Fatalities aren't OOC for him either. He used his "Skull Flamethrower" attack to kill Bi-Han, for example.

Kind of useless when Dio can yell at them and force them to attack or grab Scorpion... or you know, he can just instantly freeze them since they're clinging onto them. Not a very good attack in general.

You're also ignoring the fact that Scorpion has no resistance to mindhax. Dio looks at him and the fight is over, he's now under the vampires control. It's as simple as that.

Hmmm, Dio never uses his mindhax in the midst of battle, but he did try to make Jonathan into a zombie. Mindhax is out of the question here, and none of them are bloodlusted.

ProfessorLord said:
Probably important to mention that if Scorpion is really playing the keep away game by teleporting and trying to stab him with his chains, Dio can just look at him and end the fight with his mindhax. He can mindcontrol an individual just by looking at them, he's done it right off the bat to Poco (a little boy) and Jack the Ripper.
From there it's an incap but he's probably going to freeze him and kick him to pieces. That or drain his blood.
Out of the question huh?

Because hamon specifically counters the abilities of a vampire, mate. When they used hamon to knock off Poco he was instantly removed the spell that had been placed on him. It has it's own mindhax on profiles, you know.

ProfessorLord said:
Because hamon specifically counters the abilities of a vampire, mate.
He never even went for it to figure out NANI though

Mostly because DIO is explosively loaded with CIS and probably wanted to crush them with his bare hands and show off his cool counter to hamon via freezing.

And he's really damn cocky in Part 1 unlike in Part 3. He spared Jonathan too many times before finally facing him just because Jonathan did some damage to Dio. Even after that, Dio kept taunting the JoJo squad. Except for the part when he was just a head though.

>Noob Saibot

>ice powers

IIRC, Bi-Han lost his cryomancer powers after Quan Chi resurrected him as a wraith.

I'd also like for you to show these instances you're talking about, because as far as I'm aware, MK1 through 3 don't have any cutscenes besides a few text-based/slideshow endings, and Bi-Han!Sub-Zero's ending in MK1 is just him disappearing after he assassinated Shang Tsung. He killed Scorpion in Mythologies: Sub-Zero, but A) there was never a scene of him nullifying or overpowering Scorpion's fire with his ice, and B) the one time he actually killed him was prior to the latter's resurgence as a spectre of the Netherworld.

"He doesn't have to freeze his entire body, he has shown that he can freeze parts of it like an arm. I think that if for some reason he doesn't insta mindhax Scorpion, then he'lll dodge the fireball or tank it. If he tanks it he'll quickly start to vaporize, but can stop it by freezing the inflicted parts quickly. From there he can regenerate from his wounds."

1. Freezing an arm or a leg isn't going to be enough to deal with the Scorpion roasting his entire body, which is perfectly in-character for him to do.

2. If his flesh starts disintegrating (and this is assuming he has enough time to react to his entire body getting cooked alive in the first place), he's most likely going to do what he did in-canon and cut off his head in order to stay alive. From there, Scorpion burns his head to a crisp.

3. You're giving Dio's reactions far too much credit. If he decides to tank one of Scorpion's fireballs, he's not going to realize he's losing his flesh until the projectile has already burnt a basketball-sized hole in his chest.

On the subject of him even stopping Scorpion's fire in the first place, I should also remind you that normal fire from a torch was able to thaw Dio's ice and prevent him from flash-freezing Jonathan's hand and stopping his Ripple-infused attack. That is far, far inferior to what Kuai-Liang's ice is capable of.

Which brings me to another point; If Scorpion doesn't just teleport away the minute Dio tries freezing his spear, he's perfectly capable of doing this instead. This not only nulls the freeze (because, like I said, Dio's ice is <<<<< Scorpion's hellfire), but also leaves Dio having to regen all that missing flesh before Scorpion comes along and ruins his shit.

I've said my peace, but you still haven't adressed Dio using his in-character mindhax immediately against those who do not use hamon, such as Poco or Jack the Ripper.

The moment he eyes Scorpion down he decides that he'll make a good collection to his army and will immediately brainwash him.

I didn't even have to address that. Two other people familiar with the series already debunked that argument the moment it was made.

Yeah, Scorpion for reasons above.

Also to elaborate on my earlier Debunk, why would DIO hax a pathetic human looking fool on sight? Dio would just beat them to death and show their dominance. He only did it to Jack the Ripper because it was Jack the forking ripper and he could easily get some milage out of them screwing with JoJo and building his army. For Scorpion? Not so much.

He mindhaxed Jack The Ripper, a pathetic looking human and sent him to go kill Jonathan. He doesn't need to flex on those beneath him.

He will do it to Scorpion because it's Scorpion and he can easily get some mileage out of him screwing with Jojo and building an army.

Also nobody debunked it. I debunked the counter argument. He can't do it to Jonathan because Jonathan demonstrated that hamon can free someone from its effects when he used it on Poco. He can do it to Scorpion because he doesn't use hamon. At the very least it doesn't hurt to try.

Scorpion FRA.

Alright. Grace has started, then.

Back