• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pathfinder Profiles?

So when I get the chance, I wanna do some work on Pathfinder profiles here since they seem pretty outdated. The problem is, given it's a loose adaptation of D&D 3.5e for the most part, is it even okay to index if many of its stats borrow from similar calcs and mechanics in D&D (like point blank arrow dodging, dodging the daylight spell, fireball AP, etc)?

So when I get the chance, I wanna do some work on Pathfinder profiles here since they seem pretty outdated. The problem is, given it's a loose adaptation of D&D 3.5e for the most part, is it even okay to index if many of its stats borrow from similar calcs and mechanics in D&D (like point blank arrow dodging, dodging the daylight spell, fireball AP, etc)?
It's... an interesting position. I think ultimately it is okay to index, however it might not line up 1:1 with D&D. So while a lot of calcs may be perfectly fine to replicate or even just reference the D&D version of, some might simply not exist or exist elsewhere in the scaling.

Pathfinder 2e is a bit more distinct from D&D so perhaps you might find luck there for unique scaling points, if that's your concern?

Alright, thanks for helping. There are a lot of other source books that could maybe be used for scaling, a lot of them have spells that D&D doesn't. Will be interesting to see if it ends up higher or lower than D&D in the stats department :v

Hard to say. Probably lacks something like the Luminous Being, or at least I've never heard of an equivalent.

Back