• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
3 is usually called a crowd, but I'm doing it anyway!

Thor is in his weakened 2012 key

Speed Equal

Start 5 meters away from eachother

Battle takes place in New York

Thor: 0

Cairne Bloodhoof: 1

Inconclusive: 2

Last edited:
Cairne does take less damage from lightning though, and he's got the durability to factank it otherwise
I would also assume that Cairne has the superior cqc ability, yes? If Thor does get pushed back significantly in that regard, I believe he would begin to play at range.

I would also assume that Cairne has the superior cqc ability, yes? If Thor does get pushed back significantly in that regard, I believe he would begin to play at range.
Cairne is like, equal to Varian in skill. He's much better than a Garrosh who just got his weapon, and has a statement of being one of the most accomplished fighters on Azeroth.

But at the same time part of this could be because Cairne is like... REALLY ******* strong. He can one-shot or two-shot most notable WoW 7-A characters. I have no idea where Thor stands on that though.

Cairne is like, equal to Varian in skill. He's much better than a Garrosh who just got his weapon, and has a statement of being one of the most accomplished fighters on Azeroth.

But at the same time part of this could be because Cairne is like... REALLY ******* strong. He can one-shot or two-shot most notable WoW 7-A characters. I have no idea where Thor stands on that though.
I think it is fair to say Cairne might win most of the time. So i'll vote for cairne for reasons that have been stated within this thread and above this comment that i have written below the others, with due dilligence.

Thor should upscale from his value as well (He scales to Hulk who can oneshot a Leviathan right after transforming. Leviathan armour is durable enough to not take any damage from Rocket's lasers and these lasers can harm Ego's avatar who performed the feat). I don't know jack about Warcraft so I'll just comment based on the profiles. Cairne's shockwaves are electricity based so Thor can likely resist it as he does his own, though the same applies to the former. When it comes to physical, Thor appears to have the edge with much higher LS, Mid-Low regen, flight (also acrobatics even without it), and far superior range with Mjolnir. No idea exactly how skilled Cairne is but the current justifications for their intelligence make them look comparable with an edge to Thor in terms of experience due to having lived and fought much longer.

Thor should upscale from his value as well (He scales to Hulk who can oneshot a Leviathan right after transforming. Leviathan armour is durable enough to not take any damage from Rocket's lasers and these lasers can harm Ego's avatar who performed the feat). I don't know jack about Warcraft so I'll just comment based on the profiles. Cairne's shockwaves are electricity based so Thor can likely resist it as he does his own, though the same applies to the former. When it comes to physical, Thor appears to have the edge with much higher LS, Mid-Low regen, flight (also acrobatics even without it), and far superior range with Mjolnir. No idea exactly how skilled Cairne is but the current justifications for their intelligence make them look comparable with an edge to Thor in terms of experience due to having lived and fought much longer.
Cairne is like, 2 one-shots and a few stomps above his value, so yeah.

As for Cairne... no they're definitely shockwaves with electricity effects to add a little damage.

As for skill, Cairne dominated a Garrosh who just recieved Gorehowl and has a statement in a guidebook of being among the most accomplished Warriors on Azeroth... now admittedly, the latter could be via sheer power, but Cairne would at least be comparable to Varian in skill... who performed an army solo and scales to about three others(all small armies)

Also, Thor likes melee. Cairne is 10 feet tall and has no issue abusing his range against someone who army solos WITHOUT massive AoEs

Cairne is like, 2 one-shots and a few stomps above his value, so yeah.

As for Cairne... no they're definitely shockwaves with electricity effects to add a little damage.

As for skill, Cairne dominated a Garrosh who just recieved Gorehowl and has a statement in a guidebook of being among the most accomplished Warriors on Azeroth... now admittedly, the latter could be via sheer power, but Cairne would at least be comparable to Varian in skill... who performed an army solo and scales to about three others(all small armies)

Also, Thor likes melee. Cairne is 10 feet tall and has no issue abusing his range against someone who army solos WITHOUT massive AoEs
Even if they're normal shockwaves without the added electricity, Thor still resists them as he can withstand his own shockwaves such as the one that leveled everything within a mile when he struck Cap's shield.

Pretty sure Thor also did similar stuff.

He's really only melee focused if his opponent also uses melee. He conjures lightning and throws his hammer just as much as fighting in close quarters.

Honestly, I just see Thor outskilling with his like, 1000+ years of experience and countless battles.

Oh yeah, he's got like a 2500x Lifting Strength advantage, and it's absolutely in-character for him to grapple his opponent, so....he just rips him in half lol.

Honestly, I just see Thor outskilling with his like, 1000+ years of experience and countless battles.

Pretty sure Thor also did similar stuff.

He's really only melee focused if his opponent also uses melee. He conjures lightning and throws his hammer just as much as fighting in close quarters.
With massive shockwaves.

Find me an MCU Army solo that scales to Thor that wasn't via a srat stomp or a massive AoE and then we'll talk about them even being remotely comparable in skill. until then, Cairne pummels Thor badly in that regard.

Get it accepted in a calc blog and put on the profile, not some random post that literally says "bro that's probably Class P lol" (not that I don't trust that it is, but thems the rules).
It's not scaleable to LS though, as basically railed on about earlier in that thread, there's a pretty big difference between tensile strength and lifting strength.

It's not scaleable to LS though, as basically railed on about earlier in that thread, there's a pretty big difference between tensile strength and lifting strength.
Really? Weird, I would've thought they'd be bundled under the same thing. Regardless, I'd imagine it'd still need to be properly called and accepted to be used.

Really? Weird, I would've thought they'd be bundled under the same thing. Regardless, I'd imagine it'd still need to be properly called and accepted to be used.
Yeah have fun convincing Chariot to do that, cause it's not a fodder feat(Though it's tier 7) so I don't feel the need to get it called for consistency

Yeah have fun convincing Chariot to do that, cause it's not a fodder feat(Though it's tier 7) so I don't feel the need to get it called for consistency
I mean....I'm not the one trying to use the feat, you are. Convince him to do it, or just don't use it as an argument, as it doesn't have a defined and accepted value.

Get Tensile Strength values on profiles then, I'll wait!
Not my argument, not my problem. YOU get tensile strength on profiles to use in VS Battles, YOU get the feat you brought up called and accepted and added to the profile, and then YOU can actually use it.

Until then. by our current site rules, Thor rips him to pieces no-diff.

EDIT: Feels like I came off as an asshole in this comment, sorry about that, just a little frustrated with IRL things right now.

Last edited:
Not my argument, not my problem. YOU get tensile strength on profiles to use in VS Battles, YOU get the feat you brought up called and accepted and added to the profile, and then YOU can actually use it.

Until then. by our current site rules, Thor rips him to pieces no-diff.
Okay then Cairne rips Thor's head off with much better AP scaling because clearly his tensile strength is dogshit

That is stupid, you can't not just ignore something because it isn't on the profiles (mostly because of a technicality).

Okay then Cairne rips Thor's head off with much better AP scaling because clearly his tensile strength is dogshit
He doesn't scale thousands of times higher than Thors AP, unlike Thor vs his Lifting Strength; at best, he might vaguely be above him by a little. Do you think you can easily rip off the head of a 10 year old because you're 2x stronger than him?
That is stupid, you can't not just ignore something because it isn't on the profiles (mostly because of a technicality).
This isn't merely not accepting it because it isn't on the profile; this isn't accepting it because it doesn't even do the bare ******* minimum for a feat (literally being called lmao).

He doesn't scale thousands of times higher than Thors AP, unlike Thor vs his Lifting Strength; at best, he might vaguely be above him by a little. Do you think you can easily rip off the head of a 10 year old because you're 2x stronger than him?
Doesn't matter, Cairne's Durability is a fair bit higher then Thor's, and so is his AP, if we want to exclusively go on the profiles and not use physics, Thor can't tear Cairne apart due to having lower AP, and LS wouldn't change that.

Doesn't matter, Cairne's Durability is a fair bit higher then Thor's, and so is his AP, if we want to exclusively go on the profiles and not use physics, Thor can't tear Cairne apart due to having lower AP, and LS wouldn't change that.
Alright, I'll admit, it was a bit too out of line to just ignore Tensile Strength at all; but, it still doesn't matter, because you're just attempting to prove that his tensile strength in high enough to not get ripped in half with....a comment vaguely saying that it would get that high. No calculation, no approval, nothing. Really not that hard to follow the guidelines for every proper feat with value on the site.

Hey, look, Thor's profile does just that for its lifting strength related feats! Can't be too difficult, right?

Alright, I'll admit, it was a bit too out of line to just ignore Tensile Strength at all; but, it still doesn't matter, because you're just attempting to prove that his tensile strength in high enough to not get ripped in half with....a comment vaguely saying that it would get that high. No calculation, no approval, nothing. Really not that hard to follow the guidelines for every proper feat with value on the site.

Hey, look, Thor's profile does just that for its lifting strength related feats! Can't be too difficult, right?
Give me one Class P LS feat for WoW that scales to Cairne

Yeah point is as I literally stated is that they couldn't break out so it wouldn't be an LS feat, just a Tensile Strength feat... and even then, Thor doesn't have a single feat in regards to his own tensile strength on his profile... like every single profile on the wiki. And Thor can't properly Grapple Cairne because his arm is about as thick as his torso. It is much more likely for Cairne to do the ripping because Thor is less skilled and much smaller.

Yeah point is as I literally stated is that they couldn't break out so it wouldn't be an LS feat, just a Tensile Strength feat... and even then, Thor doesn't have a single feat in regards to his own tensile strength on his profile... like every single profile on the wiki. And Thor can't properly Grapple Cairne because his arm is about as thick as his torso. It is much more likely for Cairne to do the ripping because Thor is less skilled and much smaller.
Thor didn't have any problem grappling with Hulk who is also larger than him and I doubt he would continue to trade blows at melee range if his opponent clearly has the advantage.

Not really sure what you’re asking me to do here? I mean, my point is that there isn’t one yet, or at least not one calced.
Yeah point is as I literally stated is that they couldn't break out so it wouldn't be an LS feat,
Who is this “they” that you’re talking about? Is it the guy Thor’s fighting?
just a Tensile Strength feat... and even then, Thor doesn't have a single feat in regards to his own tensile strength on his profile... like every single profile on the wiki.
Not sure how this is relevant, since the other guy doesn’t have anything either lol.
And Thor can't properly Grapple Cairne because his arm is about as thick as his torso. It is much more likely for Cairne to do the ripping because Thor is less skilled and much smaller.
Thor can grapple with The Hulk, who is much larger than Cairne. And even if he couldn’t, that doesn’t stop him from just….grabbing onto one part of his body and grabbing onto another with his superior lifting strength, and then pulling. Or, enter yet, just tossing him into space or really far away.

Or Hell, he could trap Cairne underneath his hammer and wail on him until he dies, since I’m pretty doubtful Odin would consider him worthy in the slightest.

Not really sure what you’re asking me to do here? I mean, my point is that there isn’t one yet, or at least not one calced.
I'm saying it wouldn't be present on the profile cause it's not scaled to lol
Who is this “they” that you’re talking about? Is it the guy Thor’s fighting?
Nah, just an orc, who all Tauren are superior to in sheer power/dura, etc.
Not sure how this is relevant, since the other guy doesn’t have anything either lol.
It's saying both are at major risk, but Cairne has a better shot lol
And even if he couldn’t, that doesn’t stop him from just….grabbing onto one part of his body and grabbing onto another with his superior lifting strength, and then pulling. Or, enter yet, just tossing him into space or really far away.
Show me when Thor has thrown someone far away without following them...

Also doing something long-winded like that is a good way for Thor to get the Runespear in his neck or otherwise take a blow to the head. Or to get Warstomped.
Or Hell, he could trap Cairne underneath his hammer and wail on him until he dies, since I’m pretty doubtful Odin would consider him worthy in the slightest.
Would Odin consider someone who is repeatedly stated to be a wise warrior who is a better fighter with better leadership than Thor himself unworthy? Make no mistake, Cairne is almost definitely worthy to wield Mjölnir compared to Thor.
Damn, really? Weird, I would’ve thought he’d be taller. Disregard my first sentence of the last point, then.
I mean I'm just eyeballing Hulk, but he ain't 10 feet. You could probably use Thor's actor's height to size scale Hulk, shouldn't be too hard if you can do the most basic of pixel scaling

I'm saying it wouldn't be present on the profile cause it's not scaled to lol
Fair enough, I suppose. We really should try and differentiate those, now that you bring it up.
It's saying both are at major risk, but Cairne has a better shot lol
Ahh, that makes more sense then.
Show me when Thor has thrown someone far away without following them...
Can’t, unfortunately, as I’m not sure he ever really does it in the MCU. But, given his countless battles and over 1000 years of experience, it’s not out of the question that he’d do something similar once he realizes he lifts 2500x the dude he’s fighting.
Also doing something long-winded like that is a good way for Thor to get the Runespear in his neck or otherwise take a blow to the head. Or to get Warstomped.
Tbh Thor can just keep his range with Mjolnir and Lightning (though the latter probably wouldn’t be super effective), as he seems to have a range advantage (technically they’re both in kilometers, but Carine’s Warstomp won’t be great against the guy who can resist like all of its effects on the daily; without that, he’s just extended melee range).
Would Odin consider someone who is repeatedly stated to be a wise warrior who is a better fighter with better leadership than Thor himself unworthy? Make no mistake, Cairne is almost definitely worthy to wield Mjölnir compared to Thor.
Really depends, honestly. What exactly does Cairne fight for? I mean, technically Thanos would qualify for all the criteria you mentioned, but obviously isn’t worthy to lift it.
I mean I'm just eyeballing Hulk, but he ain't 10 feet. You could probably use Thor's actor's height to size scale Hulk, shouldn't be too hard if you can do the most basic of pixel scaling
Also fair enough, though I looked it up and he seems to be around 8’5-ish; so, still shorter than Cairne, but not by a whole lot.
Counted, am I to assume ol' egg is voting for Thor?
Eh, I think I’ll switch my vote over to Inconclusive now. Cairne probably does out skill pretty badly, but Thor has a massive lifting advantage and can fight from range very effectively to whittle him down, something that he isn’t opposed to do. But I can definitely see Cairne goating Thor into fighting hand to hand, which he will likely ultimately win.

Back