• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pariah Dark Resistance Additions?

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
So this was brought up in the Danny Phantom Tier 2 Revision but I didn't think it could be used because I don't believe we give resistances based of the reasoning but i want to see what others think.

Should Pariah Dark have resistances to the hax of the other ghosts in the series. The reasons for this is all the ghosts legitimately won't even think about challenge him, even together. They all run away instead of jumping him. Now some would say, that given Pariah is vastly stronger than all other ghosts and could one shot them no difficulty. This is true but their is several problems here.

1 Range: Pariah lacks the range to blast every ghost at once, he has the same range as any other ghost with a Ghost Ray and he has Low Multiversal range with Spatial Manipulation because he pulled Amity Park to the Ghost Zone but that doesn't scale to his normal range. It's like how Goku has higher range with Instant Transmission but not normally.

2 The Ghost Zone: Even if Pariah had the range. Ghosts are incapable of being destroyed while in the Ghost Zone, Kitty got caught in between the space between the Human World and the Ghost Zone and her body began to fall apart. She stated she needs to return to the Ghost Zone before she completely falls apart, later in future episodes she is capable of staying in the Human World without a problem. Meaning the Ghost Zone restored and stabilized her. This is also backed up when the Ancient Ghosts managed to defeat Pariah while he was at his strongest but even when they took the ring and the crown from him, they still couldn't destroy him despite being able to cause him harm at his full power so decided to seal him in the Sarcophagus of Forever Sleep.

3. Speed: Pariah Dark may be far stronger than the other ghost but he isn't vastly faster. He's definitely faster but not by a vast amount. Even the weaker ghosts can combat and react to the much stronger ghosts. Pariah would be getting swarmed by millions to billions ghosts at the minimum. All of which don't need to harm him due to their hax.

All ghosts have Possession which Pariah doesn't have any resistance to and it's shown that ghost Possession isn't based of power. Weaker ghosts can possess stronger ghosts. You got ghosts such as Pandora (Danny Phantom) who could seal Pariah in her box without even getting close, Clockwork who can simply think and Time Stop Pariah and that's it, Fright Knight who's sword doesn't cause actual harm but ignoress durability by teleporting you to a different dimension, Kitty who can blow kisses that can BFR any man (and this includes ghost men) to a different dimension, the likes of Skulker who has Power Nullification items, Undergrowth who can power null and sleep spore him, Nocturn (Danny Phantom) who could easily teleport behind him and release his sleep mist or summon a horse of sleepwalkers who also can release a sleep mist and just put a Dream Helmet on him, Desiree who could simply have one of the other ghosts wish Pariah sealed or whatever, Ghost Writer who could hax him with his keyboard. Madusa can just turn him into stone, Ember McLai's mind and empathy hax won't work on him normally but if even a small group of ghosts cheered her name it's going to bypass his resistance with no difficulty. This also doesn't include the countless hordes of other ghost with god knows what under their sleeve.

Bottom line is Pariah doesn't have anyway of putting them down, he isn't vastly faster than them (especially since he uses Ghost Rays which are lightspeed), he gets haxed to Oblivion by them, Yet it doesn't go like this.

Pariah literally inslaved all the ghosts, they all ran away and didn't fight him even though they had the sheer number and hax. Butch Hartman even stated that ever sense Pariah's rule was over thrown, all the ghosts are free to do as they please and anarchy has been going on as all the ghosts turned on each other. So this is saying that the ghosts are confident against each other but if they all hand to fight Pariah, they can't win... Honestly, I know we don't give resistances like this but considering he was only defeated in a last ditch effort by six extremely powerful ghosts that used brute Force yet even the most hax ghost who have the range to hax him without even being in the same universe as him laugh at the idea of fighting him tells me he should likely be resistant to their abilites.

Thoughts?.

I think a "possibly" in front of the list of resistances should be fine. As you are correct, Pariah didn't show anything particularly impressive in his fight with Danny other than his overwhelming strength, and bringing the ghost zone to Amity Park.

"Possibly" was as high as I was going to go because we don't actually give resistances like this, it's just I don't see him taking over the entire Ghost Zone without getting haxed.

I don't realliy agree with this, characters in fiction may forget the idea of ignore durability in this instances.

@Eficiente

The ghosts always spam their abilities tho when they showed up Ember McLain used here music the enslave everyone, Clockwork spammed his time manipulation, Nocturn put everyone to sleep, Pandora wanted all the ghost zones evil beings to be sealed so she would use her box, Madusa instantly tried to turn Danny to stone, Ghost Writer would definitely use his keyboard on someone like Pariah. How could they forget to use the only things that could save them from being enslaved?. They can't physically harm him so it's their only option.

Yes even haxxy characters can forget that. They would use that in a fight but dialogs like this are just to point out how strong he is. We don't use this kind of evidence to add resistances, there are many cases of "Now no one can defeat me" or "I can't beat this guy", they don't mean much.

So we should downgrade all their intelligence because they all don't think to use the abilities that they have always gone for first and thought to physical take him on and when that failed the just stayed under him, never thinking of their abilities... Knowing they can't destroy him physically regardless if they were in his level.?

Come on bro you know where my concerns on this come from. It's a "it's usually this way" type of situation.

I get what you mean. I already stated we don't give resistances like this but it's just isn't likely that he could beat all of them at once when none of them can't destroy each other, he's not astronomically faster then them, they lead with hax, he doesn't have the range, and they know they can't physically harm him...

Again, I get what you're saying, the writer definitely didn't consider hax when writing these statements. I can agree with that but it's just one of those "I don't see how this could happen" things.

If more people disagree I'll drop the subject and close this.

Yeah, the author definitely didn't take into account their Hax. Typically when we see battles like this Hax isn't even used to begin with for unknown reasons

If there was a statement that no matter what they did or how they did it they would lose, I would agree, but we have no idea how the fight would go other then he would win.

Sorry Lord, I love you, but I gotta disagree.

I kinda figured it would go down like this.

Now I half to imagine Pariah literally beating every ghost down at the same time and somehow managing to not get haxed... Lol it's mind numbing, he Ultra Instinct all of them.

Back