• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Ok so the Resistance Additions thread isn't going well for Pariah but never fear because ya boi Griffin always finds "something" when he rewatchs his favorite show.

Resistance to Power Nullification
First up, Pariah Dark should have Resistance to Power Nullification. In the episode "Reign Storm" (The only two part episode Pariah Dark appears in). Jack and Maddie expand the Anti-Ghost Shield across most of the town with the exception of the edges. This shield goes over a Jumbo Tron that shows Jack's face, why is this important you ask?. Because Pariah is on the outside of the Anti-Ghost Shield while the screen is on the inside. Pariah fires a ghost ray that destroys the screen. The Anti-Ghost Shield blocks ghosts and any other ectoplasm object that tries to enter, basically negating them similar to the Specter Deflector which protects the wearer by negating the effects of ghost abilities. This means Pariah's Ghost Ray bypass a forcefield that negates / blocks ghosts and their attacks from entering.

Ability Scaling
I believe Pariah Dark should have the powers of the Soul Shredder. In the episode "Reign Storm" (Obviously), the Fright Knight states "By the authority vested in me by my Lord and leag, I claim this town under the banner of Lord Pariah, the King of all Ghosts". He then stabs the sword into the ground and it fires a green beam of energy into the sky that turns into a forcefield that covers the town and literally forms Pariah's face into the barrier. What backs the swords power being that from Pariah is not only his face being formed into the barrier but when the sword was stabbed into the ground it sent out an energy wave that made Pariah's entire army freeze in place and when I mean freeze I don't mean they just stopped moving to wait for orders, I mean they literally stopped in their tracks and froze in place. Even when the Fenton Assault Vehicle was barreling down the road, they stood there and didn't move and just got hit, not even registering the truck.

These soldiers were made by Pariah's power and this is backed up when Pariah gets seald again, all of his skeleton soldiers turn to dust along with the town being returned to the Human World. The way the sword creates the forcefield is the exact same way it creates the Ecto Storm in the episode "Fright Knight" (the first episode the Fright Knight appears in). Danny stabs the sword into the ground, a green beam of energy shots into the sky and starts to form a storm that would have eventually covered the planet. A funny thing is a planetary storm is Low 6-B which just so happens to be Pariah's tier so it's not like the power of the sword is higher than Pariah himself.

Sam states "To cease the storm, to end the fear, the sword must seath in pumpkin near" and then state that to stops the sword's "power" he needs to put it in a pumpkin. The sentence uses power as a "whole" of all the swords abilites. Proven when the sword is placed in a pumpkin, the storm stops, all the objects the sword brought to life and transmuted turned back to normal, and those sent to another dimension got brought back and the Fright Knight himself was returned to the Ghost Zone along with the sword "right back" to Pariah's Keep.

Lastly and Finally, Pariah actually has a connection to the Soul Shredded. The Fright Knight states "The sword removed shall signal fast", Vlad states "No Daniel!, The sword is a signal". As soon as the sword was removed Pariah knew and pulled the entire town that the forcefield covered into the Ghost Zone. All of this points to the sword's power being that of Pariah's. Which would mean he can do what the sword can do this isn't a stretch either considering ghosts already have Weather Manipulation so if Pariah is superior to Vortex and he can create a Planetary Storm, the sword that is using Pariah's power creating a Planetary Storm makes sense. The sword can send people to another dimension, Pariah and send things to another dimension.

I don't know if this is completely solid evidence but I think it's enough to give him the Soul Shredded's abilites. However if people prefer "Possibly insert abilites here", I'm down with that.

At the risk of sounding bad, is the Resistance to Power Nullification only for his attack(s), no?

@Eficiente

I don't see why it would only go for his attacks when ghosts are made out of ectoplasm. The energy they are firing is ectoplasmic energy. Their energy is basically themselves. They can even turn themselves into energy.

Also, before Danny departs to go and fight Pariah, an illusion of Pariah's face appears in the sky inside the Anti-Ghost Shield.

Note that the shield also blocks things like this. Walker has shown the ability to teleport but when Danny was inside the Anti-Ghost Shield, Walker stated "We can't get in, but he can't get out". Meaning it even stops ghosts from appearing inside yet Pariah can cast illusions inside the forcefield while being outside the forcefield, his power is basically like "There's a Anti-Ghost Shield... Where?." Like he doesn't even notice it.

You can ask some other VS Battles Staff members to help out with evaluating this if you wish. I am regrettably too busy and distracted myself.

LordGriffin1000 said:
Pariah is on the outside of the Anti-Ghost Shield while the screen is on the inside. Pariah fires a ghost ray that destroys the screen. The Anti-Ghost Shield blocks ghosts and any other ectoplasm object that tries to enter, basically negating them similar to the Specter Deflector which protects the wearer by negating the effects of ghost abilities. This means Pariah's Ghost Ray bypass a forcefield that negates / blocks ghosts and their attacks from entering.
Are you sure that's him being able to negate forcefields/powernull rather than him just being too powerful for the sheild to block?

@Dragoo

The shield isn't based off a power system. Even the strongest ghosts can't even scratch it. It's made to negate ghosts abilites and stop them from getting inside.

Their have only been two other ghosts who have achieved this. The first is Wulf who can cut through space but even then the forcefield negates their abilites the same way the Spectrer Deflector does and that thing negates abilites that alter history. The second was Dan Phantom who used his Ghostly Wail which wasn't powerful enough to destroy the Anti-Ghost Shield but rather sent out a strong enough sonic waves that destroyed the towers that powered the shield.

Pariah is the last one and it was never mentioned that he overpowered the shield or that he was too strong. Usually we don't assume power based stuff for resistances unless stated it was based off powers. Danny also was somewhat on Pariah's level while in the Ecto Skeleton but he still needed them to lift the Ghost Shield in order for him to leave. If it was power based, he would have just flew through it given he is in Pariah's area of strength.

Ah.

That was about all my issues with this, although I think "Possibly" is a good bet for the second part of the OP.

So Power Nullification seems good to add, Possible soul Shredder abilites doesn't seem to be a problem, I'll see if I can get another person to comment.

I am fine with the first part. I think Possibly work best for the other part.

I also think that the first part seems fine.

The first part seems fine to me and the second part seems to make sense so I'm down for possibly working best

I agree with both segments. The first soundly, though if the second part is too much up to assumption I suppose the "possibly" would be the safe answer. I may also be a small note but If I'm right the Fright Knight didn't have his sword in the future with Dan. If it were of his creation & not Pariah's then he could have made another. But if the sword did come from Pariah (hinting that he may have made it) and he gave it to the Fright Knight it could support him having the connection to it. Though this is just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back